50 123
Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 5: The Crystal Cave

This was a fantastic episode, I loved how Merlin took charge for a change and ignored Arthur’s commands at the start, my favourite scene was when Merlin saw into the future at the Crystal Cave and learned Morgana was going to kill Uther, I really liked the scene when we saw Arthur comforting Gwen, I loved how everything came full circle will Merlin almost killing Morgana then saving her just to let her try and kill Uther again but fail again thanks to Merlin, I never saw the major plot twist coming when it turned out Uther is Morgana's father.

Episode 6: The Changeling

This was quite a good episode, I loved the reaction by Arthur when Uther told him he would be marrying Princess Elena, I found the Princess Elena character very funny but I felt a little sick when she ate that Frog, I liked the couple of Arthur & Gwen scenes we got in this episode but come on let them be together already, I thought the fact Arthur ended up taking Merlin's advice over that of either Uther or Gwen's goes to show just what type of friendship they have. I have to say the scenes of Gaius & Grunhilda were the funniest thing about this episode.

Episode 7: The Castle Of Fyrien

This was a great episode, I laughed when Merlin said to Arthur “lets have you lazy dazy”, the scene when Arthur sniffed that cloth was funny but it would have been funnier if Merlin had let him fall on the floor, my favourite scene was of Merlin stopping the tornado shape magic from Morgause and knocking her & Cendred out cold, I like the Elyan character and the minor interaction he had with the main cast was great, It might only be me but Cendred does not seem like much of a villain because he acts more like Morgause's puppet, I would think Morgana & Morgause have to figure out that Merlin has magic as it is always him stopping their plans.

Episode 8: The Eye Of The Phoenix

This was a brilliant episode, I really liked the start of this episode when Arthur chose what Quest he would undertake because of how intense the scene was, It was great to see Gwaine again whose interaction with Merlin was amazing and for that reason it was the best thing about this episode, I was in stitches when Arthur put his hand into that hole, my favourite scene was when the Fisher King & Merlin spoke which was followed by Merlin placing the Eye of the Phoenix on the Fisher King's wrist, I loved the sub-plot about Gwen finally figuring out that Morgana is completely evil, I wonder how that water will end up helping Merlin.

Episode 9: Love In The Time Of Dragons

This was a really good episode, I'm glad we got another Gaius centred episode, I do find it funny how Gaius can always turn Uther away from the idea of magic being used in his kingdom, I enjoyed watching the scenes of Gaius & Alice together but I also enjoyed watching Merlin try and prove Alice is under the control of Dark Magic, I laughed quite a bit when Merlin used magic to talk Geoffrey of Monmouth back into sleeping, my favourite scene was of Gaius using magic, I did like the comical ending to this episode between Merlin & Gaius, I have missed watching Arthur using Merlin as a dummy when he is training.

Episode 10: Queen Of Hearts

This was a very good episode, I liked how this episode started with Morgana waking from a dream of Arthur marrying Gwen, I found the picnic scene with Arthur & Gwen quite adorable and would not mind seeing more of that, I loved the scene when Uther sentenced Gwen to death because of how Arthur reacted to the news, my favourite scenes however belong to Dragoon The Great aka Merlin who had turned himself into Dragoon so he could confess to the crime and save Gwen's life whilst also stopping Morgana's plan, I have to admit I am yet again getting a little tired of Arthur & Gwen still not being together but I guess it will happen over time.

Episode 11: The Sorcerer's Shadow

This was a pretty good episode, I was in absolute stitches at the scene when Merlin kept going on about people dying in the Tournament to Arthur, my favourite scene was when Arthur chucked the fight and allowed Uther beat him, I'm a little disappointed that we have not seen The Great Dragon more often, I again liked the comical ending to this episode involving Merlin & Gaius, I really enjoyed watching the scenes of Merlin & Gilli interacting and I'm also glad that Gilli's character wasn't killed off which I honestly thought would happen, I personally think this episode gave some much needed character development to Arthur, Merlin & Uther.

Episode 12: The Coming Of Arthur Part 1

This was a great episode in my opinion, I always enjoy the scenes Sir Leon appears in because he brings something different to the show, I laughed a little bit at the scene when Merlin kept asking Arthur where they were going, It might just be me but I was left wondering who would of won that fight between Arthur & Gwaine, I liked the scene when the Druids told Merlin it is up to him to keep the Cup Of Life safe, I loved the scene when Morgause turned Cendred's army into Immortal Warriors and promptly killed Cendred soon after, my favourite scene was the ending when Morgana took over as Queen Of Camelot with Merlin & Arthur watching on.

Episode 13: The Coming Of Arthur Part 2

This was a fantastic conclusion to season 3, I like how this episode started with Morgana killing some Civilians because the Knights wouldn't join her, I found that scene of Merlin & Freya talking quite touching, my favourite scene was when Arthur gave a great speech before having himself, Gwaine, Elyan, Lancelot, Leon & Percival becoming Nights Of The Round Table, I kind of wished the fight between Morgause & Merlin had gone on for a bit longer, it was great to see Gaius using magic again, I have to say my over favourite scene was at the end of Merlin putting the Sword Of Excalibur into a rock, It will be interesting to see how storyline of Uther being an emotional wreck develops in season 4.

Merlin' to end after series five

Merlin is to end after the current series, it has been announced.

The hit BBC One show will bow out with a two-part special, airing this Christmas.

Co-creators and executive producers Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy confirmed in a statement that the fifth series of the show would be its last, saying: "This is the series where the storylines truly reach their apex.

"We always felt the story of the legend was best told across five series, leading to a spectacular finale that draws on the best known elements of this much-loved story and brings to a conclusion the battle for Camelot.

"We'd like to thank the amazing cast and crew for their professionalism and dedication, the BBC, FME and all of our partners globally for their incredible support and encouragement across the last five series. But chiefly, our thanks go to Merlin's remarkable and loyal audience around the world for their enthusiasm for the characters and Camelot universe."

BBC One controller Danny Cohen said: "Merlin's mix of magic, adventure and humour quickly became a hit with BBC One audiences and has continued to thrill families over the last five years on Saturday nights. I admire the creators' decision to end Merlin on a high, but also know that we will miss it in the BBC One schedule.

"On behalf of BBC One I would like to thank Shine and all those involved in the making of the show both on and off screen. I hope fans will tune in over the coming weeks to see the spectacularly dramatic final episodes, and we have ambitious plans for new drama in the Saturday evening slot in 2013."

Merlin's final series is currently airing on BBC One on Saturday.

Source

50 123
Thread