113 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Robin Hood failed to reach the dizzy heights achieved by Doctor Who in the Saturday evening slot, but that hasn't stopped the BBC from rehashing another legendary tale. Hopes are certainly high for the 13-part Merlin, which revolves around the magical adventures and friendship between the eponymous young wizard (Colin Morgan) and the arrogant Prince Arthur (Bradley James).An impressive supporting cast includes Anthony Head, John Hurt, Richard Wilson and Michelle Ryan, plus the CGI comes from the same team responsible for Doctor Who - The Mill. Can Merlin possibly accomplish that rare feat of blending lavish spectacle along with an involving storyline? The answer is imminent, but the omens are good as mainstream US broadcaster NBC has bought the series to air in a peak timeslot - a move almost unheard of for British shows.http://link.brightcove.com/servi ... 074/bctid1760440507

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 10-22-2010 09:21 ]

Reply 4#4 shinny's post

Details have not been released but it look like october/november

Date has been annouced

Merlin begins Saturday, September 20 on BBC One.

no time given probably be after 7pm

Reply 14#14 angel-87's post

yep i'm guessing after 12 episode robin hood is going start

Reply 16#16 angel-87's post

there are filming 3 season as we speak

Reply 18#18 angel-87's post

a lot show get cancelled every year it's easy to be confused

Reply 20#20 meljones_83's post

i know

finally found the date and time

BBC-1 at Saturday 7:30 PM

Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

yeah well it covenant for me because it's what time i usually have my dinner

Reply 25#25 casper27's post

i let you know what i think of it

great first episode good special-effects

Reply 28#28 casper27's post

if you like robin hood you like this

less action-packed is the diffrence

Reply 30#30 01torres's post

the hated between merlin and Arthur is very interesting

news

The BBC's new Saturday night drama Merlin got off to an impressive start last night, despite going up against The X Factor in the ratings.

The new retelling of Arthurian legend focuses on the wizard's uncharted younger days and stars Richard Wilson, Anthony Head and John Hurt. The 13-episode first series has also been bought by NBC in the US, where it will air from next January.

The first episode had an average of 6.65m (30%) over 45 minutes from 7.30pm, while on ITV1, ratings juggernaut The X Factor brought in 9.26m (41.7%) over an hour. The audience for Merlin was steady throughout but grew towards the end with a peak of 6.82m (30.3%) at 8.10pm.

Reply 33#33 casper27's post

i'm glad you liked i still neeed to watch more episode before i make up my mind

Reply 35#35 casper27's post

so you actually forced her to watch it

Reply 37#37 casper27's post

you know my parents have a simple solution 2 tv's one upstairs and one downstairs

Reply 39#39 casper27's post

on one uses that topic anymore

info on next 2 episodes

Quote:
Will Mellor (he of the interminable Two Pints) guest stars as Knight Valiant, who comes to Camelot to compete in the yearly sword-fighting tournament traditionally won by Arthur. But Valiant is hiding a secret weapon - a magical shield equipped with spitting snakes.

In truth, this episode follows pretty much the same formula as the first: a dastardly visitor ingratiates themselves with the King, only for Merlin to discover their true motives and be forced into exposing them.

It's episode three where things really start to heat up, though, as Michelle Ryan (she of the most definitely terminable Bionic Woman) makes her first guest appearance as the wicked sorceress Nimueh. She's the "big bad" of this season, if you will, and plays a large part in driving the overall mythology of the show.

Merlin airs Saturday at 6pm on BBC One.

Reply 43#43 casper27's post

that a good point how merlin looks younger than arthur?

113 123456
Thread