Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Arthur's Bane - Part 1

Well 3 years have passed and look like certain things have changed but same Merlin and Arthur situation keeps on coming up. We have some new characters and something that look like an alien

I will be curious to see what this is but what a way to introduce this into this series

Gwwen did right thing sentence that women to death but she was found out quite quickly i was hoping there would some redemption for this character and she did look like a possible love interest for Merlin, that boy certainly need a women to keep him sane.

lol at aliens in merlin i can only see them going downhill from here
SUPERNATURAL BEST TV SERIES EVER!!!!

So glad for the return of merlin!!  

The season has started out at a nice brisk pace.  Guinevere is in her element.  Already treachery is underfoot and Merlin and Arthur are up to their old bantering!  

an alien???  REALLY!  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I love the Alien

Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

Maybe the alien is BIIIIIGGG  magic.

Reply 6#6 arksongbird80's post

Well it does look like cross between gremlin and an alien

Reply 7#7 bala's post

curious little bugger too

aurthurs bane 2

Got to know the alien a bit.  He really was an alien!  LOL  who'd have thought that.    I'm hoping more will be done with the dragon.  So sorry to see he can't speak and apparently not fly either.    Poor thing

Mordrid does make me nervous!

5x01 Arthur's Bane - Part 1

Sefa getting close with Merlin and Gwen was nice but trust her to betray them because she could of been good for Merlin and the insult banter between Merlin and Arthur is as usual very amusing and wouldn't be the same without it

5x02 Arthur's Bane - Part 2

Gwen's plan to lure Sefa's father to her rescue was clever but I was surprised they escaped before he died and Mordred saving Arthur made a nice change but I had a feeling the alien was the the key Morgana was looking for

5x03 The Resurrection of Uther Pendragon

It was obvious that Arthur would use the power to summon the dead to resurrect Uther but it was also obvious that he wouldn't like what he heard and bringing his spirit back was interesting, Arthur and Merlin jumping after seeing the mouse and then Gaius was amusing

The Disir

So the witches seems alot like the 3 fates in mythology.  It was really hard for merlin to turn his back on his ways and he's going to pay for it later.   

I'm thinking the season finale will center around mordrid

Reply 13#13 arksongbird80's post

I really think this season has been a bit off since not much is happening what was the point of this episode ?

The Dark Tower

Well talk about a new twist am i think she's under Morganna spell ?

Reply 15#15 bala's post

well it could be that she's got stockholm syndrom.  Or even the mandrake root did something to her psyche.......  I'm not really liking that Gwen was turned double agent.     She betrays authur but not like this....

Merlin' to end after series five

Merlin is to end after the current series, it has been announced.

The hit BBC One show will bow out with a two-part special, airing this Christmas.

Co-creators and executive producers Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy confirmed in a statement that the fifth series of the show would be its last, saying: "This is the series where the storylines truly reach their apex.

"We always felt the story of the legend was best told across five series, leading to a spectacular finale that draws on the best known elements of this much-loved story and brings to a conclusion the battle for Camelot.

"We'd like to thank the amazing cast and crew for their professionalism and dedication, the BBC, FME and all of our partners globally for their incredible support and encouragement across the last five series. But chiefly, our thanks go to Merlin's remarkable and loyal audience around the world for their enthusiasm for the characters and Camelot universe."

BBC One controller Danny Cohen said: "Merlin's mix of magic, adventure and humour quickly became a hit with BBC One audiences and has continued to thrill families over the last five years on Saturday nights. I admire the creators' decision to end Merlin on a high, but also know that we will miss it in the BBC One schedule.

"On behalf of BBC One I would like to thank Shine and all those involved in the making of the show both on and off screen. I hope fans will tune in over the coming weeks to see the spectacularly dramatic final episodes, and we have ambitious plans for new drama in the Saturday evening slot in 2013."

Merlin's final series is currently airing on BBC One on Saturday.

Source

Reply 17#17 spratt89's post

:'( :'(   What a shame.  But it is true. There's only so far they can go as they have....

RIP merlin

5x04 Another's Sorrow

It took Merlin and Gaius long enough to figure out Hilda was not who she pretended to be but the message on the rock was too late and having Princess Mithian as bait she was convincing

5x05 The Disir

Merlin saying there can be no place in Camelot for magic was interesting and Mordred looking OK was suspicious

5x06 The Dark Tower

Gwen being under Morgana's influence is going to make thing interesting

Thread