Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 6: Beauty & The Beast Part 2

This was an excellent way to finish this 2 part story off, I thought this episode gave Arthur some major character development because of the way he stood up to his father Uther, my favourite scene by quite some distance was when Gaius & Sir Leon spoke to Uther about his wife Lady Katrina being a troll, I loved the scene when Merlin tried to hug Arthur, I was laughing at the scene of Arthur & Uther having dinner, I also thought Anthony Head put in his best performance to date as Uther Pendragon.

Episode 7: The Witchfinder

This was a fantastic episode, I liked the interaction that took place between Gaius & Aredian's characters, I also liked seeing Merlin & Gwen play detective to prove Gaius innocent, I found it funny how Merlin planted an excessive amount of evidence against Aredian, my favourite scene was of Uther apologizing to Gaius which was followed by Gaius going off on a mini rant, I thought Charles Dance did a very good job of playing Aredian the Witchfinder/bad guy, I also thought this was Richard Wilson's best performance to date as Gaius.

Episode 8: The Sins Of The Father

I loved every minute of this episode, I liked the scene when Arthur & Morgause had their Knights Rule Sword match near the start, I was laughing quite a bit when Merlin dropped Arthur after letting go of the rope, my favourite scene was when Arthur tried to kill Uther, the best thing about this episode however was how Merlin talked Arthur out of killing Uther and into despising magic instead, I look forward to seeing where the storyline about Morgause being Morgana's half sister goes.

Episode 9: The Lady Of The Lake

This was a very good episode, I could not stop laughing at the scenes of Merlin stealing Arthur's food, the scene when Freya died in Merlin's arms which was followed by Merlin sending Freya into the lake before burning the body was quite sad, my favourite scene was the ending of Merlin & Arthur talking, I liked the scene when Gaius tried comforting Merlin, I loved the interaction that took place between Merlin & Freya's characters.

Episode 10: Sweet Dreams

This was quite a good episode, I could not help but find the scenes of Arthur head over heels in love with Lady Vivian because of an enchantment funny, the scene when Merlin hid Lady Vivian in a closet was funny to me, my favourite scene was when Gwen kissed Arthur which resulted in the enchantment being broken, I thought David Schofield & Kevin Eldon both did great jobs of playing their roles of King Alined & Trickler, I lam getting used to seeing The Dragon laugh at the predicaments Merlin and others have got into of late.

Episode 11: The Witch's Quickening

This was a great episode to watch, it might only be me but Mordred is becoming more scary in each episode he appears in, my favourite scene was when Merlin saw the future after looking into the magical crystal, I loved the scene when Morgana stood up to Uther and told him that he would go to hell, the only bad thing about this episode for me is how Arthur & Merlin are almost always the only ones who survive when they are attacked, I get a bad feeling that this is the start of Morgana becoming evil.

Episode 12: The Fires Of Idirsholas

I have to say this was the best episode of Merlin to date, I liked the first scene of Arthur & Merlin fighting the Knights of Medhir, I found the scene of Merlin trying to heal Gaius very funny, I loved the scenes when Arthur, Merlin & Morgana kept moving Uther to somewhere safe, my favourite scene was when Merlin poisoned Morgana to save Camelot, I cant wait for the season finale based on how this episode ended with Merlin releasing The Great Dragon, I am also loving the Morgause character and I cant wait to see what trouble she brings to Camelot next.

Episode 13: The Last Dragonlord

This was a fantastic season finale, I liked the interaction Merlin had with his dad Balinor who was played brilliantly by John Lynch, the scene when Balinor died in Merlin's arms was quite sad in my opinion, I loved the scene when Arthur gave a speech and all the Knights in the room surrounded him, my favourite scene was when Merlin was able to tame The Great Dragon and get him to leave, the scene near the end when Gaius spoke to a distraught Merlin was a very touching scene, I am hoping to see a bit more Arthur & Gwen in season 3.

Reply 35#35 bala's post

I enjoyed this episode.  Morgana so evil is kinda weird.  She's so pretty then she does this thing with her eyes, CREEPY!!!

I do enjoy that Morgana has NOOOO idea about merlin. NICE!

Gwen's brother is a nice addition.  Hope he get's more parts in upcoming epi's.   Looking forward to next week's!!!
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Quote:
She's so pretty then she does this thing with her eyes, CREEPY!!!
I think that's great from actress point of view since she has mastered that look but i wonder how long it took her to master that look in the mirror?

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 25-10-2010 17:02  

I think that's great from actress point of view since she has mastered that look but i wonder how long it took her to master that look in the mirror?
Yes but who told her she finally mastered it?

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 24-10-2010 20:23  
Well Gwen brother get captured and used as leverage to get Arthur but thanks Merlin he is safe but Morganna is really try kill Arthur it strange seeing her be so evil. She still has no idea Merlin has ...
I had an slight feeling Morgana might've found out about Merlin's secret, but alas no... thank heavens.

Great episode, loved how long it took Merlin to get the hint to get out of there

Quote:
Originally posted by moppybrody at 10-25-2010 09:30  

Yes but who told her she finally mastered it?
Your mean

Reply 41#41 bala's post

The whole lot of you make me giggle!!   

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 25-10-2010 19:54  

Your mean
I can't even remember what I was going to write instead of that, glad I didn't though if that's what you call mean

Reply 35#35 bala's post

Good episode, i liked when Merlin turned the fire back on them and it exploded she should of known better to not play with fire

The Eye of the Phoenix

Well Arthur getting saved by Merlin again is getting a bit ridiculous but at Gwen know about Morganna which is a good thing

Reply 45#45 bala's post

I actually like the idea of Gwen knowing that Morgana isn't what she seems, I'm wondering if she's gonna find out about Merlin as well soon?

Reply 45#45 bala's post

Fabulous.  Absolutely Fabulous!

@moppybrody:  Gosh I hope so. Now that Gwen is in the loop, maybe the story line will move along a bit more.
@bala:  You are right.  This whole Merlin always saves Aurthur and Aurthur just takes him for granted is getting old.  

I really enjoy the water of avalon coming into the story.  Can't wait to see who the Lady of the Lake will be and How her story comes about...  

Reply 47#47 arksongbird80's post

How many times will he act like Merlin isn't important he didn't even thank him

Thread