Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 12-7-2011 22:10  
I thought Elyan was a goner when he ignored Merlin's warning about the strange shrine in the forest but his actions afterwards were troubling, Merlin's comments to Arthur after he feel asleep on the t ...
This was a nice filler episode at same time leading towards season finale

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 12-15-2011 09:54  
Agravaine keep getting away with murder is getting frustrating and what Guinevere overheard has put her in mortal danger but Merlin trying to sabotage Arthur's picnic with Princess Mithian was amusing
I really liked Princess Mithian she wasn't evil she just wanted to be liked but her asking who other women is was amusing considering she was a royal

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 12-20-2011 18:27  
Arthur asking Merlin to keep a secret about his weight was amusing and about time Arthur realised Agravaine was responsible, I'm glad Merlin took advantage of Arthur while he was under his spell but s ...
Well i have caught up on this and i can't wait to see next episode

The Sword in the Stone (Part 2 of 2)

Good episode i had feeling somehow Merlin would help Arthur to get his kingdom back but strange twist with morganna just when you think she's a goner a dragon gives her life

Reply 32#32 bala's post

yes but what does the baby dragon have up his sleeve?  Hmm why give her life.

So glad they married and we didn't have to wait a whole season for them to get their act together!!

YAY Merlin calling on the big dragon. I want to see more of him.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 32#32 bala's post

It's a shame Isolde died saving Arthur and Morgana has more lives than a cat but nice season finale

Episode 1: The Tears Of Uther Pendragon Part 1

This was a good season 3 opener, I continue to enjoy the interaction between Merlin and Arthur, I didn’t like the fact Morgana got found inside the first 5 minutes, I became suspicious of Morgana as soon as she forgave Merlin for poisoning her, the scene when Arthur wiped Merlin's face and then put a bucket on his head was very funny, I liked the scene when Merlin got his revenge and caused Arthur to fall face first into some mud, my favourite scene was the ending with the Dragon saving Merlin from certain death, I look forward to seeing how the storyline of Merlin knowing the truth about Morgana working with Morgause is going to play out over the season.

Episode 2: The Tears Of Uther Pendragon Part 2

This episode was much better than the season opener in my opinion, I think Anthony Head put in his best performances as Uther Pendragon to date during these first 2 episodes of Season 3, the scene when Merlin said to Arthur about him being destined to be the Greatest King Camelot has ever had was brilliant, I absolutely loved all the action sequences especially the ones that involved the skeleton warriors, my favourite scenes were of Merlin & Morgana having their first of hopefully many fight scenes, I really liked the small Arthur & Gwen moment that we got.

Episode 3: Goblins Gold

This was possibly the funniest episode of Merlin ever, I would say some of the funniest bits of this episode were of Gaius pulling Childish pranks people with my favourite being when he started turning Arthur into a donkey,  I liked the twist when Gaius/The Goblin announced to Uther than Merlin was a sorcerer which almost got Merlin killed, my favourite scenes were of Merlin chasing after the Goblin at both the start and end of this episode, I was happy about the fact Morgana was kept very much in the background during this episode, In my opinion Richard Wilson put in a 10 star performance as Gaius.

Episode 4: Gwaine

This was a very good episode, I would have to say Gwaine made a great first impression on Arthur & Merlin, I laughed just a little bit when Arthur chucked that chalice at Merlin's head, my favourite scene was of Merlin spitting in the face of Gaius after he said Arthur is good to Merlin, I did enjoy the scene near the end when Merlin tried to convince Gwaine to come clean and stay in Camelot, I loved the ending when Arthur got a little jealous of Gwen talking with Gwaine, I liked the Gwaine character mainly because of how he interacted with Merlin.

Episode 5: The Crystal Cave

This was a fantastic episode, I loved how Merlin took charge for a change and ignored Arthur’s commands at the start, my favourite scene was when Merlin saw into the future at the Crystal Cave and learned Morgana was going to kill Uther, I really liked the scene when we saw Arthur comforting Gwen, I loved how everything came full circle will Merlin almost killing Morgana then saving her just to let her try and kill Uther again but fail again thanks to Merlin, I never saw the major plot twist coming when it turned out Uther is Morgana's father.

Episode 6: The Changeling

This was quite a good episode, I loved the reaction by Arthur when Uther told him he would be marrying Princess Elena, I found the Princess Elena character very funny but I felt a little sick when she ate that Frog, I liked the couple of Arthur & Gwen scenes we got in this episode but come on let them be together already, I thought the fact Arthur ended up taking Merlin's advice over that of either Uther or Gwen's goes to show just what type of friendship they have. I have to say the scenes of Gaius & Grunhilda were the funniest thing about this episode.

Episode 7: The Castle Of Fyrien

This was a great episode, I laughed when Merlin said to Arthur “lets have you lazy dazy”, the scene when Arthur sniffed that cloth was funny but it would have been funnier if Merlin had let him fall on the floor, my favourite scene was of Merlin stopping the tornado shape magic from Morgause and knocking her & Cendred out cold, I like the Elyan character and the minor interaction he had with the main cast was great, It might only be me but Cendred does not seem like much of a villain because he acts more like Morgause's puppet, I would think Morgana & Morgause have to figure out that Merlin has magic as it is always him stopping their plans.

Episode 8: The Eye Of The Phoenix

This was a brilliant episode, I really liked the start of this episode when Arthur chose what Quest he would undertake because of how intense the scene was, It was great to see Gwaine again whose interaction with Merlin was amazing and for that reason it was the best thing about this episode, I was in stitches when Arthur put his hand into that hole, my favourite scene was when the Fisher King & Merlin spoke which was followed by Merlin placing the Eye of the Phoenix on the Fisher King's wrist, I loved the sub-plot about Gwen finally figuring out that Morgana is completely evil, I wonder how that water will end up helping Merlin.

Episode 9: Love In The Time Of Dragons

This was a really good episode, I'm glad we got another Gaius centred episode, I do find it funny how Gaius can always turn Uther away from the idea of magic being used in his kingdom, I enjoyed watching the scenes of Gaius & Alice together but I also enjoyed watching Merlin try and prove Alice is under the control of Dark Magic, I laughed quite a bit when Merlin used magic to talk Geoffrey of Monmouth back into sleeping, my favourite scene was of Gaius using magic, I did like the comical ending to this episode between Merlin & Gaius, I have missed watching Arthur using Merlin as a dummy when he is training.

Episode 10: Queen Of Hearts

This was a very good episode, I liked how this episode started with Morgana waking from a dream of Arthur marrying Gwen, I found the picnic scene with Arthur & Gwen quite adorable and would not mind seeing more of that, I loved the scene when Uther sentenced Gwen to death because of how Arthur reacted to the news, my favourite scenes however belong to Dragoon The Great aka Merlin who had turned himself into Dragoon so he could confess to the crime and save Gwen's life whilst also stopping Morgana's plan, I have to admit I am yet again getting a little tired of Arthur & Gwen still not being together but I guess it will happen over time.

Episode 11: The Sorcerer's Shadow

This was a pretty good episode, I was in absolute stitches at the scene when Merlin kept going on about people dying in the Tournament to Arthur, my favourite scene was when Arthur chucked the fight and allowed Uther beat him, I'm a little disappointed that we have not seen The Great Dragon more often, I again liked the comical ending to this episode involving Merlin & Gaius, I really enjoyed watching the scenes of Merlin & Gilli interacting and I'm also glad that Gilli's character wasn't killed off which I honestly thought would happen, I personally think this episode gave some much needed character development to Arthur, Merlin & Uther.

Episode 12: The Coming Of Arthur Part 1

This was a great episode in my opinion, I always enjoy the scenes Sir Leon appears in because he brings something different to the show, I laughed a little bit at the scene when Merlin kept asking Arthur where they were going, It might just be me but I was left wondering who would of won that fight between Arthur & Gwaine, I liked the scene when the Druids told Merlin it is up to him to keep the Cup Of Life safe, I loved the scene when Morgause turned Cendred's army into Immortal Warriors and promptly killed Cendred soon after, my favourite scene was the ending when Morgana took over as Queen Of Camelot with Merlin & Arthur watching on.

Episode 13: The Coming Of Arthur Part 2

This was a fantastic conclusion to season 3, I like how this episode started with Morgana killing some Civilians because the Knights wouldn't join her, I found that scene of Merlin & Freya talking quite touching, my favourite scene was when Arthur gave a great speech before having himself, Gwaine, Elyan, Lancelot, Leon & Percival becoming Nights Of The Round Table, I kind of wished the fight between Morgause & Merlin had gone on for a bit longer, it was great to see Gaius using magic again, I have to say my over favourite scene was at the end of Merlin putting the Sword Of Excalibur into a rock, It will be interesting to see how storyline of Uther being an emotional wreck develops in season 4.

Merlin Season 5 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 5 Premiers October 2012

Discuss Anything About Season 5 Here

Thread