Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

wasn't sure where to post this but didn't want to make a whole thread about something I noticed.

Was watching S4 of Heroes and had a flashback of Isaac Mendez (from S1) and realized where I knew Lancelot from LOL had to double check on IMDB and sure enough
I knew from the start of Merlin when Lancelot popped up that I've seen him before

Reply 22#22 moppybrody's post

Yes it was a big shock but i had a feeling there reason why he cared so much

Reply 22#22 moppybrody's post

No actually Aurthur slept with Morgana's sister Morgouse and they had the child Mordred.  It's illigitimate and Morgouse is his half sister.  All very gross.

Source
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 10-10-2010 05:05  
No actually Aurthur slept with Morgana's sister Morgouse and they had the child Mordred.  It's illigitimate and Morgouse is his half sister.  All very gross.

Source
ahhh see, all these Arthurian movies/tv shows I've seen are similar but making each their own and I don't have a clue which is closer to the truth lol

Thanks for the answer arksongbird80

OH I'm sure all of this is going to come together in some heedy battle at the end of something of that nature.  The dragon is going to Kick Merlin's Butt!!!  How mad is he!! hahaha

Morgana has to live...they are life enemies.

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 10-11-2010 08:41 ]

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I love the way Merlin back chats Arthur and that would of been ironic if Morgana had killed Uther with the dagger he brought her and Uther asking Gaius to use sorcery to save Morgana was a surprise

Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

Well when we found out she was his daughter i wasn't

The Changeling

Well Arthur was about to get married to the fairy but Merlin saves the day and it was great to see Merlin use his power starf

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-15-2010 13:03  
I love the way Merlin back chats Arthur and that would of been ironic if Morgana had killed Uther with the dagger he brought her and Uther asking Gaius to use sorcery to save Morgana was a surprise
very surprised, from the first word he hinted at I was all
Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-15-2010 22:09  [url=redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=154564&ptid=12109][/url]
Well when we found out she was his daughter i wasn't
I was more than when he asked Gaius to save her by means of magic!

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-16-2010 22:37  
Well Arthur was about to get married to the fairy but Merlin saves the day and it was great to see Merlin use his power starf
I enjoyed this episode the most so far this season, Merlin saying how gross when he found out about the.... nursemaid's attentions to Gaius and saying if she kissed him

Loved the action *nods @ Bala's post* definitely Merlin using the staff

I could go on and on about every detail of this episode.... think I'm in love

Reply 31#31 moppybrody's post

i found her to rather charming -she's one women who average looking but still rather cute

Reply 29#29 bala's post

This episode was okay.  I was glad to see merlin using the staff as well.  It was a little anti clamatic but ehh...I guess it's too be expected.  I'm glad the princess was "transformed" at the end.  She seemed more sure of herself.  Maybe we'll see her again.

Glad aurthur and gwen are still doing the dance,,,  

Reply 32#32 bala's post

the nursemaid? I remember her from Romeo and Juliet (funny, she was a nursemaid to Juliet in that too)

The Castle of Fyrien

Well Gwen brother get captured and used as leverage to get Arthur but thanks Merlin he is safe but Morganna is really try kill Arthur it strange seeing her be so evil. She still has no idea Merlin has magic

Reply 29#29 bala's post

Elena was a horrible princess and i thought it was to obvious that she wasn't a princess and Merlin using Gaius so he could get Elena alone was funny

Episode 1: The Curse of Cornelius Sigan

I thought this was a great start to season 2, I found the scene of Arthur falling off his horse near the start a little funny, it might only be me but I liked the Cedric character even though he was a bad guy, the best thing about this episode for me was the last 15 minutes when Camelot was under attack by Sigan and his creatures, my favourite scene however was of Merlin falling into some horse poo, I also look forward to seeing where the storyline about Merlin making a deal with The Dragon to goes.

Episode 2: The Once And Future Queen

This was an excellent episode in my opinion because we got allot of Arthur & Gwen scenes, I loved the (Sir) William character because almost everything he did was funny in some way or another, the scene of Gwen shouting at Arthur for the way he was behaving was brilliant, my favourite scenes was of Arthur jousting with the assassin, the ending minutes of this episode with Arthur letting William take credit for the win and talking Uther out of retaliating showed a very different side to Arthur.

Episode 3: The Nightmare Begins

This was a fantastic Morgana centred episode, I thought Arthur took a massive step back in this episode when he just followed Uther's orders without question, my favourite scene was of Mordred using powerful magic to escape, I liked the scene towards the end when Arthur gave some advice to Merlin because he thought Merlin had a crush on Morgana, I cannot wait to see where the Morgana having Magic storyline goes, It was good to see Mordred again.

Episode 4: Lancelot and Guinevere

This was a very good episode, It was great to see Lancelot make a second appearance, the best thing about this episode for me was the interaction between  Gwen & Lancelot's characters, I liked the scene when Arthur kind of admitted to Merlin that he has feelings for Gwen, I also like how Arthur & Merlin kept squabbling like an old married couple, the only thing I did not like about this episode was how Arthur was not reprimanded by Uther for going against his orders and saving Gwen.

Episode 5: Beauty & The Beast Part 1

I thought this was a great episode, my favourite scenes were of Gaius trying to tell Uther in a nice way that Lady Katrina is a troll, I really liked the scenes of Lady Katrina going from acting like a human one minute to acting like a troll the next, I have to admit that the scenes of Lady Katrina eating that rotten food made me a little sick, I found the scene of Merlin trying to tell Arthur that Lady Katrina Is a troll quite funny, my favourite scene was at the end when Merlin & Jonas had a small confrontation.

Thread