Thread
Printable Version

Video Won't Play

Video Won't Play

I just tried to play a video and I got a message the said "Parameter settings error! Access declined. This error has beeen recorded by the system." I also just tried playing it in IE and it plays fine but in Firefox I get this error message. Anyone know what to do about this? [ Last edited by Maxmax84 at 8-29-2008 09:22 ] [ Last edited by Maxmax84 at 8-29-2008 09:23 ]

Reply 1#1 Maxmax84's post

shut down your computer click restart option and load it back up if that doesn't work switch off your router and re-start it

Reply 2#2 bala's post

But before you do that, refresh the page as sometimes that does the trick. If not, restart as Bala has suggested.

UAE User

I am having the same problem here. I have tried the above steps with no result. What is going wrong? I have updated to the most recent realplayer to try and fix this and followed the advice on the other threads about this issue bar setting a proxy server to singnet (I am not a singnet user). Anyone any ideas as to what is happening?

Reply 4#4 Meliel's post

Hi Meliel, is it the exact same error message or similar?

Hi Shinny, yes it is the exact same message. I don't understand why this is but when I use a program to get past the local internet restrictions we have here (Hotspot Shield) I am able to access the shows perfectly just like I could a month ago. Is it something to do with IP adresses? I am lost.

Reply 6#6 Meliel's post

Hi Meliel, I'm not exactly sure. However, I'll PM one of the Admins & direct them to this thread. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thanks

The above helped me out. All i had to do was restart my computer and it worked perfectly. Thanks.

Reply 8#8 Maxmax84's post

Great, glad to hear that

Thank-you for the help Shinny. I have just tried using IE and I get the same message. Ah well.

Reply 10#10 Meliel's post

Just Refresh the webpage and the problem should fix itself. "Parameter settings error! Access declined. This error has beeen recorded by the system." Means that since loading that webpage your ip address has changed and that makes the website think something dodgy is happening.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

in the situation of 'Parameter settings error! Access declined.' when this happens to me, all i need to do is open a new window (not a new tab) and relaunch through that...always try this first before restarting your whole computer, it always works for me

Reply 6#6 Meliel's post

Yes, it does have to do with your IP address. I had a reply for you but I misread your post so I am going to go look into it now. Do you know if your internet provider has a dynamic IP address for you or a stable one? If you are able to access it through a proxy program, it sounds like for some reason your regular IP address could be causing the issue. A program utlizing proxies basically works by routing your connection through a different IP address or a proxy. This IP address is typically stable and shouldn't cause the issue. [ Last edited by silver1978 at 8-30-2008 21:31 ]
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Thread