Thread
Printable Version

problems with Episodes. either slow, error "invalid, or read: y

problems with Episodes. either slow, error "invalid, or read: y

To whom it may concern I have been subscribing to your services now for the second time and had problems with getting the episodes to work the first time and thought if I tried to get the unlimited membership that I hopefully would experience no problems. Almost everytime I click on an episode a window will come up and tell me its invalid if it is not that it is so slow that I have tried some of the other episodes but it is still the same thing. I have paid for unlimited viewing for a month but get an error message for several days now the error message reads "The number of demands you have made today has reached 100. the upper limit of your membership rank 99" Now when i signed up and paid you it was for unlimited viewing and i am not getting that and have several other problems with the episodes. I have tried several times trying to talk to your online assistant but they never reply. i don't even know why they are there. Please let me know when you will be rectrifying this situation. I have paid 21 euro for unliited viewing and have probably only gotten half a month if not less due to all the interuptions, the slowness the windows coming up reading invalid and the telling me that i cannot view to to the fact that i have reached my limit.....i paid for a service that had no limit. Sincerly African. Queen

Reply 1#1 african.queen's post

Hi there, sorry to hear you are having problems. I want to help you, but need to clarify a few things: Are you using Firefox or Internet Explorer? What version of Realplayer have you installed? Have you ensured your connection speed in Realplayer matches your broadband speed? Have you tried watching in Realplayer only? Have you allowed it to buffer all the way? How all of these things work are described in these threads: Realplayer Trouble Shooting and Improve your Viewing Experience I'm not sure about the error message you are getting in relation to your upper limit. I'll PM one of the admins about that. [ Last edited by shinny at 8-25-2008 13:48 ]

Reply 2#2 shinny's post

The 99 clicks in 24hr is somesort of glitch that has always applied. the reason is to protect our servers and the high demands. When the realplayer window pops up click the realplayer icon in the bottom right and choose to play in either realplayer or theater mode this will also allow you to revise your realplayer setting that are most likely causing problem. Also you will be able to how much is loaded. You can hit stop and play over and over to get an episode to play and this works better than closing the window all together and starting over. Just follow all the directions in the link provided in the above post. Also Give Live CS at least 5 min to respond.

I have given your cs over 20 min to respond there has been non..I have repeated the question and post i have here for the last 2 months and have waited for over 20 min and they are still to respond. I have used real player before I used your service as well as firefox. I am well aware you can hit stop and play over and over gain without having to close the window.. I just have to wait forever for it to buff or it just stays at a percentage for over 15min...now I wonder how much longer i have to wait. and yes i have tried both the us and europe servered . I am using firefox and the 10.5 realplayer. I have waited for it to fully buff that is not the problems i have with it. How can I wait for it to buff if it gives me an eror that it is invalid or that I have gone over my limit I have paid for a member ship that has no limit...it it then false to advertise that it is unlimited if there is a limit...I have paid for that service. I don't think that this is fair tht is happening to me. i enjoy the show and the quality is great but when it comes to the delivery and limitations when ones pays for a service that has none it is pathetic

Reply 4#4 african.queen's post

I am sorry, I know this is frustrating. I will pass your concerns along to admin. You did the right thing by coming here if you are having problems with live CS. I do not know why your realplayer is having such troubles but even I have to update my settings every couple of months. I don't really use firefox and have mostly used IE with very little problems. What speed is your connection? It could be the higher demands on the server are making shows load slower.

Reply 4#4 african.queen's post

I know you can't check it today, but tomorrow can you check your connection speed, if you haven't already done so.? It's solution 3 in the Realplayer Trouble Shooting link above. When I first became a member, I had similar problems & it was all to do with me having the wrong speed set. Tina, thanks I actually didn't know that about the 99 clicks !

Reply 6#6 shinny's post

She can sign out and watch anything in the free section as a guest.

"She can sign out and watch anything in the free section as a guest." I don't want to have to sign in to the free section .... i am a paid member I am a flight attendant and don't always have the time to watch... i have a day off today and tomorrow and this is just messed up...ther is nothing in the free section i want to watch..... I am a paying member....the 99 clicks or whatever you want to call it should be corrected my speed is correct cause when i sign it to a differnt internet provider it ask me about the connection speed before hand so that is not the problem either

you seem to want to put this blame on everything else and these things are not the problem...the information and advertisment for services you send out is incorrect and that you cannot provide the services as promised...this is now getting more than frustrating...the other error messages has nothing to do with connection there are even times the window comes up just black and at the bottom left hand corner says its DONE so please help me understand how this is a realplayer problem when I have the latest updat of Realplayer ...I also use firefox...my connection speed is the same..and i paid in FULL for an UNLIMITED service for one full month

Thank you... I do hope you can have this problem sorted out soon... I travel daily and have a few days off of which I watch my favourite TV shows to relax... it is quite frustrating when trying to watch something and having paid for a service getting that many problems. it is no fun and definetly not relaxing

Reply 10#10 african.queen's post

I know this is frustrating and this has happen to me before too I don't know exactly what is causing the problem but the things we listed are the usual suspects. If not Admin usually figures it out and fixes it in a few days. Sorry again.

Reply 1#1 african.queen's post

OK , we will check our website and give you a P.M . IF it is our problem , we will reduce points or other to you !
I can create Miracle!

Reply 9#9 african.queen's post

I'm sorry if you feel we are trying to "put this blame on everything else." I assure you nobody is trying to pass on "the blame" nor be condescending in any wa. We have very few people who experience problems with the service compared to the number who actually are using the service and typically we find that a few checks solves most problems. If 5 people do not experience an issue and 1 person does, it is reasonable to begin with the assumption that the issue is somewhere on the viewers side. "there are even times the window comes up just black and at the bottom left hand corner says its DONE" I will occasionally get this error when my computer has been on for a long time, I restart the computer and it fixes the issue. This is a problem we have seen before and if restarting does not help, it is usually solved by doing a clean uninstall of RealPlayer and then re-installing it. If episodes are taking a long time to buffer- the traffic on the server could be high, or your connection could be dragging. If episodes hang on buffering (getting to 15 minutes and then buffering no further), this can be caused by an error within the episode, your connection timeout being set too low, or your internet connection dropping during the buffering. If you believe that the error is caused by the episode itself, we ask that you provide the show, episode number and server in our error reporting thread so a moderator can take a look and see if they can re-create the error. I believe the suggestion to view something in the free shows was more along the lines of not using your clicks while we try and help to figure out the issue. Sometimes it is easier for a member to test their RealPlayer settings using a free show rather than one that requires points. As for the 99 clicks thing, that is one I have not encountered before and I can understand the frustration you are feeling with that. As Tina said, she will speak with admin about that issue and zhang has replied as well to you. Please be assured we will do what we can to try to get you into smooth viewing.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Well I will just say this... i have done everything you have mentioned here even before submitting these issues to you. I am not stupid neither am I dumb...these kind viewing I have done way before I came across your website.... Without having to pay for the service...Ive never had any of these issues...just had to put in a little more effort to get all the video together and I think i will stick to that as it is less frustrating and at least I AM NOT PAYING FOR FALSE ADVERTISING AND PAYING JUST TO FRUSTRATE AND IRRITATE MYSELF WITH A NON SERVICE. Thanks but No Thanks.. I AM DONE WITH THIS BS :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Reply 14#14 african.queen's post

I am very sorry that the services here are not working for you. and i wish you all the best in finding a service that does meet your requirements. As other moderators & admin have been trying to look into your problem and give you suggestions - never saying or implying that you are either stupid nor dumb - just trying to suggest solutions with out actually seeing your computer set-up, these were suggestions that have worked for other members in the past. sometimes even the smartest of us all can overlook the simplest of solutions. So once again let me say i'm sorry you didn't find the VIP experience up to your liking and i wish you all the luck in finding a site that suits your needs. cheers

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Thread