Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 21#21 shinny's post

What a funny line from  Pam to Jessica did you call the hypothetical hardware store and buy a theoretical chainsaw and it was Franklin that took the body from Jessica's basement
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your TB comments! 7-12-2010 13:15

3 x 04 - 9 Crimes

This was another great ep. I like the fact that Sam is going to take his brother under his wing and help him better his self. Sam sees that fact that his parents are terrible and he needs to get his brother away from them.

It was also cool how Eric arrived in the nic of time to save lafette. those guys will not mess with him again.

The magistrate giving Eric 2 days to find garbage on Bill is hilarious!!! I figured he would set Bill up so he can get Sookie for himself.

The King is the German that Eric wants also that was surprising to see. This could be interesting to see how that plays out. It is also interesting that the vampire is giving the werewolves his blood. I think that is against the rules also but not sure.

Even though Bill told Sookie not to find him she is going to do everything to find where he is. I just hope that Bill can keep himself safe before Eric finds him.

Overall this is an interesting season and can't wait for the next ep.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Tks for your TB comments! 7-12-2010 13:17

Reply 26#26 carlorica's post

I agree, I'm always rushing to see the next episode. I was so busy today I could only watch it tonight.

I thought that was hilarious too and then how cocky Layfayette got when Eric had is back. When Eric called him Rue Paul I burst out laughing.

Poor Pam, Eric was really hurting there when Pam was being tortured. She was the one who said it was Bill but Eric had to go along with it. They cannot disclose it was the queen because that would be seen as treasonous.

Hmm, I haven't taken to this Alcide as much as the book Alcide. I'm not really sure yet why. Something is missing. Wow, Debbie is rough, just like the book. Haha.

I felt sorry for that poor girl who was being mauled by all the vampires. Then Bill felt Sookie was in danger, but he couldn't do anything.

Eric's dream about Sookie, wow well that was just hot! Wish it was the book version though, as that was real. I think this is how they are going to play Eric and Sookie's relationship.

Reply 27#27 shinny's post

Yeah I have to agree. Until Bill is out of the picture Sookie and Eric are going to be apart and Eric is going to be lusting after her.

Reply 26#26 carlorica's post

I thought it was quick thinking on Pam's part - it certainly saved her and Eric, at least for the immediate future.  I can see why people don't like that Bill was being blamed; however,seeing how easily he betrayed both Eric and Sophie-Anne to Russell, I think he had it coming to him.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your TB comments ! 7-19-2010 00:55

Reply 27#27 shinny's post

Well this was another packed episode look like Tara really can't get a break but the question who will help her since Layfayetteis busy selling V under Eric permission i wonder how this all will play out?. to be honest i don't see the need tara character i kind wish she died. i never really liked her character.

Jason blackmailing Andy to be a cop was rather predictable but the question now become what sort of cop will he be because no matter how he going be a cop Jason really doesn't have skills to do the job but it will be funny to see him try.

Eric dream was great but what an ego pretending to be superman .

Where is this season heading ?
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +4 Tks for your TB comments! 7-19-2010 00:56

3x05 "Trouble"

Loved this episode mainly because we got to see Sookie being more than just an empath. We also saw more of Eric's back story and what made him. The King is going to suffer very soon I'd say for Eric's vengence !!!

Tara's face was priceless when she was asked to be a vampire bride! She's going to have to play that one very carefully to get away from Franklin or will she get help from friends!?

I love Franklins character so I hope they don't kill him off too quickly.

What is going on with Sam's family? I'm beginning to think his brother is not entirely innocent here and that the father is actually trying to protect Sam! We'll have to wait and see.

[ Last edited by shinny at 7-19-2010 09:57 ]

Reply 31#31 shinny's post

I loved the Eric flashback, he looked so young & it was good to see why he is so set on getting vengeance on the werewolves & their vamp leader, Eric still seems to have some humanity - wanting to avenge the death of his family, I like that!  Talbot seemed like putty in his hands

Looks like Sookie's power is going to be revealed soon, Russell obviously knew when she did the light thing at Coot what it meant, but I don't' think that Eric or Bill had any idea.  Bill maybe due to the family tree!
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +3 Tks for your TB comments! 7-19-2010 10:30

Reply 31#31 shinny's post

OMG what is up with the blue light from sookie! that was GREAT!  She's more than just an empath.  wow.  She's like a warrior or something.  Now if she can just harrnass this new power of her's, the world is her oyster.

Tara and the Crazy franklin.  HAHA that guy is nuts!  He wants to make her his Vamp Bride and the she gave this, holy crap look about her.  I can only hope Bill is going to help in some way.  Tara is not doing well right now.  That's for sure.

Did you see the look pass between eric and the girl....beautiful history.  I *REALLY* enjoyed the Eric Flashback. And I totally agree with Shinny.  Eric is going to have some serious revenge against the king.  Not sure what his agenda is, but he's REALLY old. I thought eric was one of the oldest, but now I'm not so sure.  It does lead one to understand eric's hatred of the wolves though.  What with them killing his....fam.

Lafayette and the new boy.  That was just ackward.  haha.  Should be fun to watch.  This whole sam family thing is just good drama.   The father let slip though that he "owned" the son from head to tail. I wondering if that Family might not be actual blood or  something along those lines.  

GOOD Writing.  Great episode.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Tks for your TB comments! 7-22-2010 15:29
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Totally love Eric and now that he knows who is looking for, oh my my.
Bill just irritates me and he just gets in the way of sookie and Eric.

My theory on Sam's family, I think perhaps they bought him but maybe had to get rid of him fast so put him up for adoption for $ and then later bought another shifter. We haven't seen their mom shift and we know dad was just a regular human so chances of both children shifting would be slim. Remember Sam's adopted family told him his folks were bad people.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +3 Tks for your TB comments! 7-22-2010 15:31

you right that guy is damn crazy and i think Tara has no way out but Eric flashback was great i had no idea he was viking king .

we already seen sookie power before the only difference they change it from white to blue. It seem to be a self-defence she has when she scared. It does look like Bill still cares for her and i think somehow she will meet up with tara and rescue her but i hope it's before she gets turned.

I wonder what women Jason is pursue, secret is?  and i can't wait to find out

Rest of the story-line seem like fillers
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +4 Tks for your TB comments! 8-2-2010 12:35

3x06 I Got a Right to Sing the Blues

This was my favorite episode yet. Holly cow though, is Lorena nuts or what torturing Bill like that! and Sookie said it perfectly regarding Coot and Debbie, Trashy!
Jason's romance with Crystal hits a snag, as does Lafayette's with Jesus but i am glad that there was more focus on the main three characters. I don't mind having the other plot lines but with so many and equal coverage for all of them, the main plot line was fading into the background. I like that there is a little more focus now  and is Franklin really dead?
Wow, what an ending!  when Lorena bit Sookie. Hmmm, I will have to go back and watch that again.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +4 Tks for your TB comments! 8-2-2010 12:35

Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

I don't know that this was my favorite episode.  I'm glad we've finished with Franklin and Jesus.  As much as I like these characters, they seemed to be taking away from Sookie, Bill and even Sam.  I wouldn't mind seeing more of Sam's journey.  It seems to be moving along the best.  Jasons story is just a bit dumb.  I'm not sure what's going on and quite frankly I don't really care too much,

I didn't think Franklin would die unless the steak through the heart gig or head choppage, but I do hope they keep him 6 feet under.  

So the King of Ms. is 3000 yrs old.  Does that make him as old as Godric?  The other thing I'm not fully understanding is why he wants to marry sophie ann (the queen) so much.  It's obvious where his "loyalties" are so why take on a wife.  Kinda odd and I"m not really following so well.

I'm hoping they kill off coot and Debbie.  Those two are just white trash with a  side of gross and lusty.  Bahh.

I look forward to learning more about sookie's power and tara going back to merlottes.  Don't these people need to work for a liviing??  Just saying...
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Tks for your TB comments! 8-2-2010 12:35

Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

Well this episode did keep my interest throughout most of time i tune out but this one was great and it makes you want to know what going to happen guess we know why sookie is in the hospital now from previews.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your TB comments! 8-2-2010 12:36

Hitting the Ground

Well I was slightly wrong about why Sookie was in the hospital but that risky move letting him drink her blood but interesting she doesn't have a blood type but what did other women mean don't let him steal her light.

Look like king has world domination on his mind
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your TB comments! 8-2-2010 12:36

Loved it. It's like reading a good book, you want to get to the end but you don't want it to end. I feel like this all the time watching each episode this Season.

Clearly Sookie's blood did do something to Bill which gave him longer protection from the Sun.

When Sam was in the ring with the other dog I think he knew he wasn't just a human and that's why he ran off.

So glad Eric saved Pam and it was touching to see his concern for her.

What did Hadley tell Eric, hmmm..... and I'm wondering did Eric feed blood to Hadley to heal her or turn her?

Reply 40#40 shinny's post

I'm pretty confidant Shinny, that eric was healing hadley.  I don't think he wanted to turn her.  He wants the info.

This was a good episode.  The dream like scene with Sookie and the people who go into the water, I really enjoyed the idea behind that.  I think bill taking her light is something like her spirit or so?  I'm not sure but it does pose a very good question.  Protecting bill from the light, that was a bit of a stretch...

What did hadley say to Eric??  I want to know That convo!  

I'm glad sam went into the dog ring and even happier his brother picked a better life.  I'm still surprised that's how they thought they could survive.  i hear walmart is hiring!

In the whole I really enjoyed the episode and as always....more is yet to come.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +4 Tks for your TB comments! 8-6-2010 02:36

Tara is annoying me she abandoned Sookie for Eggs all last season and she's ready to kill Bill after one incident. Does she not realize how many times he's saved Sookie? Countless times. He's the only man who's ever made Sookie happy and instead of trying to accept him, Tara is hostile to him.

Poor Bill i mean I get that he was starving and his survival instincts kicked in  but wow, that was brutal. Poor Sookie! To fear the one you love. But, I know Bill loves her - he has saved her life countless times and he raced to her side to save her again.

I'm so, so glad that the Magistrum is dead
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +4 Tks for your TB comments! 8-6-2010 02:37

I am not going to comment about Sookie because I have read spoilers about her power and why.
Tara I think your fiance is still alive.
Sookie and wolf boy yum yum
Eric as always yum yum no matter what you do.
Bill just die already you bore me to death.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +3 Tks for your TB comments! 8-6-2010 02:37

Well I am finally all caught up on this. I have been away and missed this show. Where to start.....

Well I love the fact that Sookie was able to save Bill and wonder what her true power is. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The other ladies in Sookie's Dream are scared of Vampires and told Sookie not to give him the light.

The Queen seems to know what Sookie true powers are and has told Eric what they are now. I wonder if he will tell the King.

This King I also dont care much about. He is like most of the other evil guys. Wants all the power for himself. Will be interesting to see if the higher ups allow him to get away with what he has.

Tara is a big pain again this season and more of a Headache. I hope she gets take out.

Well can't wait for the rest of the season.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Tks for your TB comments! 8-6-2010 02:38

Thread