Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I loved this episode. It's my favourite so far of this season. It's great how Sookie stands up to Eric and you can see his admiration for her doing so.

The creature thing was just horrible, but I agree with codebreaker that it's nice addition and also with carlorica that it's great that the vamps don't know anything either.

Poor mixed up Jason. He's having serious doubts but I think that Sarah is going to convince him and that he has a crush on her so will just go along with what she says.

Check out the promo of it. Looks great !

This was a really brilliant episode. The funniest part for me was how Layfayette reacted after drinking Eric's blood. Hilarious. It was interesting what Eric said to Layfayette about Sookie!

Maryanne continues to manipulate people with her magic ways. I'm guessing that she is the creature who attacked Sookie. She doesn't like Sookie and Tara's friendship. It threatens whatever plan she has up her sleeve!

Poor Jason, he's just been pulled further and further into the Light of Day shenanigans. I think we're going to see it coming to an all out war with Jason having to face Sookie at the end of it.

And what's the story with Barry? Sookie found someone else who can read minds, excellent!!

I just love this show so much and it's getting better and better each new episode.

Reply 41#41 icyhotflame's post

Yeh I'd imagine some of their "southern" accents are over played and weird to real southerners!! I guess that's because a lot of the main characters aren't even American!!;

Stephen (Bill) is English,
Ryan (Jason) is Australian
Alex (Eric) is Swedish
Anna (Sookie) is Canadian

2x05 "Never let me go"

There was just so much going on in this episode. So Daphne is a shape shifter, no surprises there. I like that Sam has someone he can relate to, but I just don't trust her. Neither does Arlene by the looks of things, although she wasn't a very good judge when it came to Rene!

Love the Jessica and Hoyt storyline. They are so cute !

It appears that Sarah is not as drawn into the FOTS plan as her husband. Either way things are not rosey in the garden there, judging by the "reward" she gave to Jason!

Maryanne! Well, that scene with her sitting in Sookie's kitchen dressed like Gran was pretty telling. Well it told me that Eggs can't be trusted either because Tara told him that story about Gran being like a mother to her which he has obviously relayed to Maryanne. Poor Tara, she's gonna get more and more sucked into their web. And Maryanne made sure of that at Merlotte's!

Eric's past. It was great to see Eric's back story. I had a feeling Godric was going to be his maker and hence the strong bond with him. Godric looks so young and like a caveman, lol.

The Vamp Lady at the end, wonder who is she?

[ Last edited by shinny at 7-20-2009 16:41 ]

Reply 45#45 bala's post

I know who she is now, but I won't say :-)

2x06 "Hard-Hearted Hannah"

Wow wee, there was just so much going on in this episode. This is what everything was leading up to and now we watch as it falls together.

So we know for sure Eric is after Sookie and brings in Bill's maker (Lorena) to distract him. Poor Sookie. I actually thought that Rev Newlin would know who she was; of course he would! But the one glimmer of hope is that Sarah is not with him on this. I just wonder will she tell Jason in time so he can help Sookie escape

Bills dark side; so we got to see Bill's dark side an boy was it dark! He was with not a nice character at all as obviously has done a complete 180. The scene with the girl bleeding beside them as the romped in the bed was pretty harrowing.

The scene with Terry and Layfayette was so nice. Terry's a great guy and you can see he's had a lot of pain in his life and wanted to help Layfayette get through whatever pain he was in.

Well I knew Daphne couldn't be trusted and looks like I was right + she's Maryanne's pig and lewered poor Sam into the orgy !!

One thing is for sure, next week is gonna be good !

[ Last edited by shinny at 7-27-2009 16:11 ]

Release Me Discussion Thread

Discuss episode 7 here. I will be doing a quiz on this show also.

This was a much slower paced episode at the start and then built up towards the end.

Tara is very suspicious of Maryanne, I hope Sam tells her what has been going on.

Very interesting conversation between Isabel and Eric at the start. Sure he's not interested in Sookie!!
We found out that Hugo is the traitor because Isabel wouldn't turn him.

Poor Bill, he's powerless against Lorena and he couldn't do anything to go and help Sookie. We got to see how Bill couldn't get over his "conscience" of killing people and how he got away from Lorena the last time.

I think it was great how Sookie sent the message to Bill (and Eric) through Barry!

And Eggs stabbing Daphne. Obviously Maryanne had no use for her and if she can't control here, she got Eggs to do her dirty work. I think Eggs must have been responsible so for what happened in the forest in the last episode.

I thought it was going to be Eric that saved Sookie from Gabe but it was Godric.

[ Last edited by shinny at 8-3-2009 10:48 ]

I've been thinking about Maryann getting rid of Daphne. I think she might try to frame Sam so she can control him?? Poor Sam!

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I think he's alive. I think it was the paint ball gun she used on him, lol. Yep, if she's immortal then I don't think she can be killed! But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Reply 5#5 alexgirl's post

I think the flashback scenes this episode and last were necessary to show how "bad" Bill was but then how much he ended up detesting himself for what Lorena wanted him to do. I mean, he was going to stake himself to get away from her!!

I agree, so happy that Layfayette is back. Best line: "Satan in a Sunday hat.  I'm trying to tell you, Satan in a beautiful f****** Sunday hat" - That was pure Lafayette!!

You are right, we don't have many episodes left in this season *sobs* ! but i think it's going to be jam packed until the end. Yay!

Am with you on Eric *swoons*

Reply 10#10 carlorica's post

I agree, slow paced (well really only the first half) but packed with so many answers to a lot of our questions. It was a great episode.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

That's true, there are always new things to ponder !!

2x08 "Timebomb" discussion thread

Ahead of the show airing tonight here is the thread for "Timebomb" discussion....

There was so much going on in this episode.

First off, what was with the line from Gabe "Godric, it's me Gabe" ?? And the fact that Gabe was the only person Godric killed. I'm thinking two things here. Either Godric sort of "befriended" his captures (remember he said they had treated him well) and Gabe was alluding to that but Godric killed him because of how vile he was with Sookie or he killed him because there is more to Godric than we know and Gabe knew. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out.

Agree with Tina, I was loving Godric in this episode. He appears to be a peace maker and you could see Jason's respect of this.

Lol at the scene with Jason and Bill hugging, funny!!!

Loved Jason in this episode, I hope we see more of him like this.

Poor Jessica

I also loved Eric in this episode. We've begun to see that Eric does care for others and not just himself. "Don't use words I don't understand" when Sookie told him he had a lot of love for Godric.

I kinda felt sorry for Lorena (just a little) in this episode at the very end. She clearly does love Bill and was hurt when she saw how much Bill loved Sookie. But I'm sure that's not the last we'll see of her.

And Luke as the "Timebomb" - poor misguided Luke. I wonder how many of them will be hurt??

I can't wait for next weeks episode. I agree Carlorica that it always leaves you wanting to see the next episode !!!!

Eric's take off of a human was very funny

I'm fed up with the Maryann story line now. Tara and Eggs need to wake up. The heart souffle was horrible. I didn't need to see her preparing that !

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yeh, I think Eric might get hurt in all of this between trying to protect Godric and Sookie!

2x09 "I Will Rise Up" discussion thread

Discussion thread for I Will Rise Up

I loved this episode. Naughty Eric, eh? Tricked our poor Sookie into drinking his blood so they will always have a connection/bond. The dream scene, wow!!!

I liked the scenes with Jason and Sookie, it's nice to see them both realises that they only have one another and that they need to love and look out for each other.

The ending was just so sad. Godric was a wonderful character and it showed how much love Eric is actually capable of. I wonder how Eric will be now that Godric is gone? It also showed Sookie a different side to him.

As for Maryann, I cannot wait for Eric, Sookie and Bill to return to Bon Temps; she needs sorting out quickly !!

Lol at Sam literally becoming the "fly on the wall" - Brilliant !!

Reply 8#8 jessiswise's post

I know, I've had enough of her too or at least to understand there is more to her than just what we've seen!

Thread