76 1234
Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I just watched all of the episodes. First thing, Jason is Vinnie from Home & Away !! He really hides his Aussie accent well:

I'm slowly starting to like this show. It definitely got better with each new episode. I'm loving Tara, she's a great character and how could you not like Jason, silly but lovable !! He kinda used to play this character in home and away too !!

Reply to Spoiler:

See, I don't understand how Sam can be the Dog. I did think that initially and then there was a scene were the Dog and Sam were together, so I dismissed it. Does he have two elements to him??? I knew he had some connection to the dog what with the sniffing and the growling in his sleep, but how do they answer Sam and the Dog being in the same scene together?

As for Renee, I am shocked about that. I really would never have guessed that. Maybe as his character develops we'll understand why.

Reply 56#56 silver1978's post

Aha! That makes sense now. Thanks Shannon.

Reply 62#62 ebz_88's post

True blood is up now

Reply 66#66 bala's post

I agree, it was a great episode. It really shows how cleverly written this show is plus what a good job they did with the casting. There is great chemistry between all of the actors.

I thought exactly the same thing about Tara in this episode, except I have liked her from the start, lol. I just like her even more now. She's a great character and the actress who plays her does a great job.

I'm not happy that they killed off Jason & Sookie's granny. I really liked her and she was really on the side of Bill.

I just hope this show doesn't get canned. We know Vampire shows don't have a great legacy !

Reply 68#68 bala's post

Yeh, I suppose life has just made her very tough. Having an alcoholic parent would surely do that I guess.

Reply 73#73 bala's post

Nice interview. I'd seen him interviewed before years ago when he was on Home and Away. Seems like a nice guy.

I felt really sorry for Bill having to turn that girl. He really did not want to but he knew if he didn't then he'd never see sookie again. That's what drove him on to go through with it.

Poor Jason, he really doesn't realise how nasty Amy really is under that guise ! I felt so sorry for Eddie. He really was a hapless Vampire.

As for Sookie freaking out at Sam, I was surprised at her reaction too. She, of all his friends, should have understood.

What about Tara being conned by the woman from the Pharmacy? It's true what they say about Faith or mind over matter though. The "Placebo" effect. Her Mother believed her addiction to drink was a demon inside her and that women got rid of it for her, but it was her own belief that really got rid of it.

Reply 86#86 bala's post

Well, technically she didn't know for sure. She suspected that she was, but she felt like something was really wrong with her and that's why she went through with it. Then she sees the woman at the Pharmacy and was so annoyed with herself for being fooled.

The only thing that is wrong with Tara is being the daughter of an alcoholic parent. However, now that her mother is better, they might be able to right some wrongs. Therefore, both getting something out of it !

Reply 88#88 bala's post

I think there is only 12 Bala! Well, per their website, IMDb and TV.com, they only have 12 listed for Season 1.

Reply 92#92 bala's post

Yep, we won't have it back until Summer next year !

There was a lot going on in this episode. Seemed a little bit rushed, for my liking. I think we should have found out in the last episode that Renee was the killer and then had a build up to the finale.

What about Jason and joining those bible bashers? That is not going to be good !

Reply 94#94 reremamore's post

I thought they alluded to the fact that Bill attacked him. Remember he said to Sookie when he showed up at the door "I've fed" - So I just assumed he'd meant Lafayette. I doubt he's dead though. Bill wouldn't kill him, he'd just take what he needed. Unless, he was out of it and just saw him as a blood bank !

Reply 97#97 bala's post

Yes, I thought she was a shape shifter when we saw her sitting on the chair, in the garden.

I think he was thinking about doing a runner. That's why he was packing the money. Obviously he doesn't want to be around this woman.

I don't think Bill killed him either, but remember that scene where they showed something swooshing up to Lafayette and then the same swooshing noise up to Sookies door? That's why I thought it was Bill.

We'll find out next year I guess !!

Reply 100#100 bala's post

Never heard of either of them

True Blood - Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premieres tonight on HBO. Be sure to post here when you've watched it !!

Loved this Season Premiere episode and I'm so glad to have this show back!!

Writemako, that's why I thought Eric had Lafayette too, but he certainly isn't the worst of them. I agree, the foil in Eric's hair was hilarious.

What has Maryann got instore for Tara and why is she cultivating the relationship with the other guy at the house (sorry I forget his name) - he is a cute boy though so I can't blame Tara

Really looking forward to the next episode !

I didn't know that the guy Ben from Lost was married to Arlene in real life and she's a blonde !

I suppose it's sometimes inevitable that co-stars will end up together. Makes it easier for the intimate scenes I guess !!

Reply 10#10 bala's post

He seems to have two birth dates floating around the net. One says 1969 and the other says 1971 so he's either 11 or 13 years older than her. I think he looks about 40 ish, so the 1969 date would make more sense and she is 27. Age is but a number Bala, if they get on well together then that is all that matters.

Great episode. And I'm loving Eric's new look !!

I really think they will turn Lafayette into a Vampire and a super one at that if they all sire him!!

Poor Sookie, she was trying to be nice and it ended up going horrible wrong. It's hard to know what Bill will do, after all her father is a bad man. It will be interesting to see.

Reply 16#16 gabsimom's post

I know, poor Jason is so messed up. He wants to do right but is following the wrong path of right. Things are tipsy turvey where poor Jason is concerned.

Reply  17#17 writemako's post
Yeh, we know he won't hurt Jason because that will ruin things with Sookie, but you are right that he might threaten him to get Sookie to help him. I think Layfayette would be a brilliant vamp!

Can I just say again that I am LOVING Eric's new look!!!?

76 1234
Thread