Thread
Printable Version

Caprica Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I saw an advertisement on the Space channel during the finale of BSG and Caprica is going directly to DVD & download - I believe on April 21st (or around then).  Looks good.  I'm hoping if it goes well, it will get picked up as a series.

I edited the date, because I'm pretty sure the one now listed is the release date.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

I really enjoyed it.  I thought it set things up well for the Graystone/Adama dyamic, and it worked very well with the pilot episode.  Looking forward to next week's epi.

Reply 14#14 slade01's post

You definitely don't need to know all about BSG to understand this show...it can stand on it's own.  It would even give you a different & unique perspective compared to us diehard BSG fans, as you won't know what happens later, and you won't have any preconceived notions about any of the characters.  If you're interested in watching BSG, I recommend it, but do so at your leisure.  Hope that helps.   

Reply 23#23 bala's post

You're not the only one watching.  I've been watching (and I know Tina has too).  I've just not been well enough to do much posting lately.

Last night's epi was great.  I REALLY liked that we got to see more of Tamara and how she's learning to master the power she has in the V-world.  

When Daniel told the Zoe Cylon to rip it's arm off, I half expected to see her there with a bloody stump since they were going back & forth between us seeing her and the Cylon.

Reply 25#25 bala's post

This week it's the flu.

I hope we get it too because my promotion period price of the Space channel will be over soon, and I'd like to watch it here.

Reply 27#27 bala's post

Today I'm seriously bummed out about being so sick.  Hopefully someone will stop by with some soup or something.  I'm out of homemade soup, and only have 1 tin left of store-bought chicken soup.  We had more snow yesterday and my car is buried under at least 6 inches of it, which is just too much to deal with while I feel this rotten.  I'm still trying to convince the cats they are capable of making me hot beverages - to no avail.   I'm hoping the rest of the year will be better.

Bummer about codebreaker's computer problems.

Reply 31#31 bala's post

I JUST noticed we got it.  Happy girl here.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I think the last minute made it a good episode.  I think he knows it's her, but if she lets on (which I think she wants to so she'll get her father's love & recognition), she won't be able to get to Geminon (sp?) like she's planned.

Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

I know!  It was rather disturbing...even if it was a robot.  One would think the psychological effects it would have on her consciousness would have stopped him.

Reply 44#44 bala's post

I think it was the mid-season finale.  Great episode though...even though I hate cliff-hangers.  So many questions now left to be answered.  I hope it comes back in the summer.  I'd hate to have to wait a whole year.

SEASON 1.5 - Episode UNVANQUISHED

It's BA-ACK!  YAY!  Can you tell I'm a happy little camper?  I don't know if it will be uploaded tomorrow, so I won't say much, except there were a lot of unexpected twists in this epi.  I'll be back to chat when everyone's had a chance to see it.

Giddy is a schoolgirl...kinda like when Heroes 2nd half of it's first season returned.  I'm not caught up on SGU yet, so Caprica is my current sci-fi fix of a currently running show.  I've been getting my fix with older series' I haven't seen yet, or my old standbys, that I can watch over & over.

Reply 49#49 bala's post

I was also surprised that Amanda Graystone wasn't dead.  I thought Daniel was just leaving messages to an old machine, and possibly hoping to make an avatar of her in the future.  His deal with the Tauron's was also a surprise.  I was delighted to see Meg Tilly as "Mother".  Very good opening to the 2nd half of the season.

Reply 51#51 bala's post

Yes, but the way they set up this episode, and when he said he lost his wife, I thought she must have died.  I certainly didn't expect to see her at Clarice's cottage at the end of the episode, but was very pleased they didn't kill her off.

Reply 57#57 bala's post

I also lked how this epi gave us some backstory as to how Amanda survived, since she apparently DID try to kill herself.  I also like how she's stariting to piece togther the puzzle & see that Clarice isn't the great friend she's made herself out to be.  It looks as if Amanda IS going to spy on her for that cop.

Daniel, it seems, is just getting more ruthless in his quest to regain control of his company.  He's definitely lost any moral center he had.  It seems he still does have some feelings of remorse over what he's doing to get the votes he needs, but not enough to make him stop.

As for Barnabas, he was a problem, but I doubt we've seen the end of him.  I hope we haven't, as I like the conflict his character brings, and I think James Marsters plays it well.

Reply 66#66 bala's post

I caught on right away because she could walk without crutches when she was with Daniel.  I agree that it's rather creepy - but Daniel IS a rather creepy character and has always played a bit fast and loose with anything resembling ethics.

Reply 68#68 bala's post

Sometimes.  In this case it really stuck out to me, especially when I saw her in those high heels (I was admiring those shoes), and knew there was NO way she could walk in those with her injury.

Reply 78#78 bala's post

I was satisfied with the end, but not thrilled.  I wish there were more episodes so they could have told the story more thoroughly.  I wasn't crazy about how they ended things with the Adama family (with regards to the Halatha), though I DID like that one part, which wasn't a surprise, but was done well.

I liked what happened at the arena too.

Reply 83#83 bala's post

Agreed.

Reply 86#86 codebreaker's post

Thanks codebreaker.  I just happened to be skimming the forum posts.  I have removed that link.

Thread