43 123
Thread
Printable Version

Caprica Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Caprica Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica may have a full series commissioned before its pilot is screened.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sci Fi Channel programming boss Mark Stern stated during a press tour: "We’re not sure if it’s going to air as a backdoor pilot. We’re going to take a look at it and maybe just order it as a series from there. We are going to take delivery on it in a couple of weeks and then decide whether to air it as a standalone movie or as the premiere of a new series."

The two-hour Caprica pilot, set half a century before the events of Battlestar Galactica, is currently slated to air in late 2008. However, if Sci Fi Channel decides to order a full series before airing the pilot then the date is likely to be pushed back into 2009 to follow the final episodes of its parent show.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-14-2010 08:54 ]

The trailer

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

thanks codebreaker this was leaked last night

havn't got time to watch it

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-14-2009 19:00  
Great pilot but such a long wait for the series at bit like when they released the movie length pilot of Knight Rider
well it slightly mess up not how i picture it but that technology is dangerous .

Fans have been eagerly awaiting an air date for the series, a prequel set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica. Producers confirmed today that the show will debut on January 22, 2010

Source

I have to admit i like this series more battlestar.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-30-2010 13:27  
Interesting episode i like the way we see the two view's of Zoe and Amanda begins learning a whole life about her daughter she never knew
Yes but i thought it was a mistake her mother telling all those people at the Wake that her daughter was a terrorist . She really shouldn't of said anything.. I can't wait see consequence of that in next week episode.

Caprica Season 1 Episode 3 - Reins of a Waterfall

Wow another great episode but how long can she keep it a secret but ending really is a clif-hanger.  we saw consequence of confession a lot people are angry but they angry at wrong person.

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

it will be interesting to see if he tries killing her in the house zoe robot is there to protect her. . That would make for interesting episode if that happen. Also the warrant search the house is going create problem if they take robot.. Each episode get better and better.

1x04

Another Great episode she saved him in the interview but find out he made avatar of their daughter but took credit for it when it was his daughter who created the avatar . Teaching the robot to dance was odd.

1x05

Wow i really liked this episode so it look like Tamara's avatar is fully integrated in The VR world, this was what Zoe was trying achieve and i can't wait to see how powerful she will become since she can't be killed.  

I am really surprised that i am only one watching this as it has BSG following.

Reply 24#24 waterlilybarb's post

Good to know thank you posting your thoughts barbs I'm sorry your not feeling well   

codebreaker will be absent for sometime-he's experience computer problems . so i don't have anyone to discuss this show- i really hoping this get added soon on this site so that our members can join in .

Reply 26#26 waterlilybarb's post

how do you cope ? -it like this year has been bad for you   we still have 10 more months left

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

I know I can't wait for you be back on-line permanently

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 2-27-2010 15:10  
I hope we get it too because my promotion period price of the Space channel will be over soon, and I'd like to watch it here.
Just in time

Caprica 1x06

Well things are getting interesting i knew they would be some consequence of the thief but i can't wait to see how it all plays out. i am really surprised Grey's computer doesn't have any security feature that alerts him when files are being copy through unsecured connection?. You would think they would security warning since he has military contacts stored on his computer?.

The Imperfections of Memory

I am not sure what to make of this episode, Not much has happen but the ending makes wonder if he has figured out she is in the machine or not. It really makes you want watch the next episode .

Reply 35#35 waterlilybarb's post

Well yeah i think your right but i am still trying to figure out why she wants to go there?

Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

it's not like she integrated into the system she only uses system access the virtual world

43 123
Thread