Thread
Printable Version

Caprica Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

I know!  It was rather disturbing...even if it was a robot.  One would think the psychological effects it would have on her consciousness would have stopped him.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 42#42 waterlilybarb's post

This is the first episode that remind me of the BSG theme. Most of theme in BSG were similar to type of things characters did to each other  

Caprica 1x09

This was another great episode a lot of things happen and i am just still a little excited how they ended the episode.  Was this the season finale?. Barnabus is going disappoint Clarence isn't dead all thanks to Mrs Greystone.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-27-2010 08:17 ]

Reply 44#44 bala's post

I think it was the mid-season finale.  Great episode though...even though I hate cliff-hangers.  So many questions now left to be answered.  I hope it comes back in the summer.  I'd hate to have to wait a whole year.

Reply 44#44 bala's post

Great way to end the first half of the season with all that drama in the last minute

Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

Does anyone know when it will return ?

SEASON 1.5 - Episode UNVANQUISHED

It's BA-ACK!  YAY!  Can you tell I'm a happy little camper?  I don't know if it will be uploaded tomorrow, so I won't say much, except there were a lot of unexpected twists in this epi.  I'll be back to chat when everyone's had a chance to see it.

Giddy is a schoolgirl...kinda like when Heroes 2nd half of it's first season returned.  I'm not caught up on SGU yet, so Caprica is my current sci-fi fix of a currently running show.  I've been getting my fix with older series' I haven't seen yet, or my old standbys, that I can watch over & over.

Reply 48#48 waterlilybarb's post

Well yes there were some unexpected revelation like greystone making deal with Torrin. Lacey is become a dedicated member.Clarice becoming leader of the group will be interesting even she was going get killed .

Reply 49#49 bala's post

I was also surprised that Amanda Graystone wasn't dead.  I thought Daniel was just leaving messages to an old machine, and possibly hoping to make an avatar of her in the future.  His deal with the Tauron's was also a surprise.  I was delighted to see Meg Tilly as "Mother".  Very good opening to the 2nd half of the season.

Reply 50#50 waterlilybarb's post

Really i wasn't because in pervious episode they both outside of car when it blew up.

Reply 51#51 bala's post

Yes, but the way they set up this episode, and when he said he lost his wife, I thought she must have died.  I certainly didn't expect to see her at Clarice's cottage at the end of the episode, but was very pleased they didn't kill her off.

Reply 52#52 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah i get what your saying but i really wanted to see what happen to robot and was disappointed to see it was in pieces .

Yes i know it was stored but how did she get into new cap city VR?.

Reply 53#53 bala's post

I agree Bala, to go from the vehicle to the VR is a little strange, unless she uploaded a copy of herself before the escape.  Didn't surprise me about Greystone going to the Mob or was I surprised with his wife surviving, though personally I wish she had, never cared much for her.  Her and Clarice do make a screwed up couple though, they are kinda made for each other.

Reply 54#54 sanggye's post

maybe they will explain in flashbacks?

1x10 Unvanquished

Nice episode i thought i was obvious the the girl with the pink backpack was giving her mother a final goodbye hug before she went in to the stadium and i was also surprised to see Amanda

Retribution

This was another great episode Lacy hesitating to set off the bomb show she hasn't fully become a territory but i have to say Clarice payback for Barnby was fantastic and i am glad she didn't kill Lacy but she shouldn't off killed the other two but i understand her decision.

Reply 57#57 bala's post

I also lked how this epi gave us some backstory as to how Amanda survived, since she apparently DID try to kill herself.  I also like how she's stariting to piece togther the puzzle & see that Clarice isn't the great friend she's made herself out to be.  It looks as if Amanda IS going to spy on her for that cop.

Daniel, it seems, is just getting more ruthless in his quest to regain control of his company.  He's definitely lost any moral center he had.  It seems he still does have some feelings of remorse over what he's doing to get the votes he needs, but not enough to make him stop.

As for Barnabas, he was a problem, but I doubt we've seen the end of him.  I hope we haven't, as I like the conflict his character brings, and I think James Marsters plays it well.

Reply 58#58 waterlilybarb's post

James Marsters really is an excellent actor

Reply 57#57 bala's post

I can see Amanda shooting Clarice in the near future or at least be the confidential informer

Reply 60#60 codebreaker's post

i don't think it would make for good show if he killed her we need Clarice as character just look at how she handled Barnabas strapped a bomb to him was great payback plus she did it in person. I hope she become a  confidential informer

Thread