86 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Caprica Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Caprica Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica may have a full series commissioned before its pilot is screened.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sci Fi Channel programming boss Mark Stern stated during a press tour: "We’re not sure if it’s going to air as a backdoor pilot. We’re going to take a look at it and maybe just order it as a series from there. We are going to take delivery on it in a couple of weeks and then decide whether to air it as a standalone movie or as the premiere of a new series."

The two-hour Caprica pilot, set half a century before the events of Battlestar Galactica, is currently slated to air in late 2008. However, if Sci Fi Channel decides to order a full series before airing the pilot then the date is likely to be pushed back into 2009 to follow the final episodes of its parent show.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-14-2010 08:54 ]

The trailer

I saw an advertisement on the Space channel during the finale of BSG and Caprica is going directly to DVD & download - I believe on April 21st (or around then).  Looks good.  I'm hoping if it goes well, it will get picked up as a series.

I edited the date, because I'm pretty sure the one now listed is the release date.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

thanks codebreaker this was leaked last night

havn't got time to watch it

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Great pilot but such a long wait for the series at bit like when they released the movie length pilot of Knight Rider

I hate when they do that

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-14-2009 19:00  
Great pilot but such a long wait for the series at bit like when they released the movie length pilot of Knight Rider
well it slightly mess up not how i picture it but that technology is dangerous .

Fans have been eagerly awaiting an air date for the series, a prequel set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica. Producers confirmed today that the show will debut on January 22, 2010

Source

Exclusive: 'Caprica' snags James Marsters!

Caprica exec producer Jane Espenson is using her powers as a charter member of the Whedonverse for good. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Buffy all-star James Marsters is joining the Battlestar Galactica prequel for a sizable arc.

Marsters will play a dangerous terrorist leader by the name of Barnabus Greeley in a minimum of three episodes. Driven by desires both moralistic and carnal, Barnabus is as lethal as he is unpredictable.

And no ones does lethal and unpredictable better than Marsters.

Caprica is set to make its Syfy debut on Jan. 22.

Source

1x02 Rebirth

Interesting episode i like the way we see the two view's of Zoe and Amanda begins learning a whole life about her daughter she never knew

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

I really enjoyed it.  I thought it set things up well for the Graystone/Adama dyamic, and it worked very well with the pilot episode.  Looking forward to next week's epi.

I have never watched Battlestar Galactica.  Will I enjoy this show or will I be lost on some of the storylines.  I believe this is set before BG but is it too connected to be a show by itself.  

Would you recommend watching BG before watching this show?

Reply 14#14 slade01's post

You definitely don't need to know all about BSG to understand this show...it can stand on it's own.  It would even give you a different & unique perspective compared to us diehard BSG fans, as you won't know what happens later, and you won't have any preconceived notions about any of the characters.  If you're interested in watching BSG, I recommend it, but do so at your leisure.  Hope that helps.   

Reply 15#15 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks, I might watch the first few episodes and if I enjoy it I might embark on the 4 series of BSG.

I have to admit i like this series more battlestar.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-30-2010 13:27  
Interesting episode i like the way we see the two view's of Zoe and Amanda begins learning a whole life about her daughter she never knew
Yes but i thought it was a mistake her mother telling all those people at the Wake that her daughter was a terrorist . She really shouldn't of said anything.. I can't wait see consequence of that in next week episode.

Caprica Season 1 Episode 3 - Reins of a Waterfall

Wow another great episode but how long can she keep it a secret but ending really is a clif-hanger.  we saw consequence of confession a lot people are angry but they angry at wrong person.

1x03 The Reins of a Waterfall

After Joseph looses Tamara's avatar and then asking Sam to balance it out i assume killing Amanda should be interesting

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

it will be interesting to see if he tries killing her in the house zoe robot is there to protect her. . That would make for interesting episode if that happen. Also the warrant search the house is going create problem if they take robot.. Each episode get better and better.

86 12345
Thread