Thread
Printable Version

communicating and such

communicating and such

i have tried updating (which I did) I've started watching in Firefox and nothing is stopping the video from "communicating" on a regular basis. Before I uninstall and reinstall real player I wondered if there was anything else I could try. Oh and I tried "test Connection" and everything is good there. One last idea?

Reply 1#1 arksongbird80's post

You coud try watching with IE. The only thing that doesn't work is the picture links, but if you click on the actual title it works fine. I don't know why you're having constant communicating issues. It's possible the traffic is high.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

IE was communicating more than Firefox was. I was hoping to fix it by switching to Firefox, and it seems to have slowed it down, but not erradicated it entirely. As the day progresses, my problems are less. Maybe it was the traffic. Thank you for replying.

Reply 3#3 arksongbird80's post

No problem. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 7-21-2008 02:01 PM i have tried updating (which I did) I've started watching in Firefox and nothing is stopping the video from "communicating" on a regular basis. Before I uninstall and reinstall real player I wondere ...
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I thought I would toss the idea out anyway. I found that if you have DIVX installed in your computer, even if it is not turned on, Real Player won't work right. VEOH doesn't affect it but DIVX is a nightmare!!
Would YOU go through the Stargate?

Reply 5#5 windchimes's post

That's strange. I have DIVX installed and I don't have any problem with my RealPlayer. It could be one of those things that only affect some people. It's also possible that it depends on your operating system.

I often find most times, for me anyway the high traffic volume causes major slow down. I sometimes use the EU links and get a quicker connection. It's just a suggestion, wish I knew more options to give ~s

Thread