Thread
Printable Version

Jerky video with new Firefox

Jerky Videos

A few years later - same problems as mentioned above - indepentently from the browser. I tested Firefox 9, Safari or Google Chrome - it has nothing to do with the browser this time. viptv.net Europe doesn't deliver as soon as you stop playing - no buffering. It is on average 3 seconds watching, 5 seconds waiting. I watched Enterprise on the EU server. http://viptv.net/index.php?sid=2&mod=tvp&movid=6__27&urlid=541971

I might be wrong that loading stops completely - in the 10 minutes I was opening and searching the forum and started writing - about 2.5 mins loaded of "The Universe (with Michio Kaku)". It is 3 secs watching followed by 10 secs waiting while watching. There is no streaming of this serial on the US server, so I cannot compare. Please let me know if I can be of any help. Macbook Pro, OS 10.6.8, Chrome/Firefox/Safari

I checked the connection in RealPlayer - T1, but it doesn't play VipTv properly either. I can rule out a bad connection, since I have no problems with other sources.

I gave it a try during working hours early morning - it loads instantly, with or without Flash. The internet evolves at both ends - within the last year in my 6-floor house and around some 10+ WiFi stations popped up. This is in central Munich, not mentioning the suburbs. Loading a 45 min movie in the evening takes actually 2 to 4hs. Thank you Sinéad and Jim for your replies. Felix

There is no such thing as public WiFi in Munich, except you are out on a latte with your i-something. Nope, I have my private connection since 2001. Believe me, I don't have any problem with other sources, except sometimes with news, when all the world is watching. I'll give it a try tonight - but with a long head start.

Thread