42 123
Thread
Printable Version

Swingtown Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Swingtown Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss this show here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-12-2015 22:54 ]

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Honestly-i really put off by this show ,

do i really want to watch a show about Swingers?

Reply #2 bala's post

...you watched it and weren't satisfied? It's not about being bad though...it's how everyone else is affected by swinging. In the pilot, there were several other plots going on having to do with the kids...and they weren't swinging or doing anything bad. You've got to see the pilot before you make up your mind...or as someone on TV.com said, once you've seen the 3rd episode, the show starts molding into its own kind of show. I think it's great and the Deckers aren't as 2D as I thought...they actually have heads and feelings. Well, I know Trina does.

Reply 3#3 redsoxpatriot30's post

maybe your right i should watch more episode before making my conclusion

Reply #4 bala's post

Sounds good to me. Now I've been having problems with Lipstick Jungle... I also need to start watching Eli Stone...looks funny.

Reply 5#5 redsoxpatriot30's post

i had no problem lipstick jungle -there all loaded ok for me

Reply #6 bala's post

No...as in with the show itself... I was just kidding anyway...isn't one of the characters CEO of a movie studio or something?

Reply 7#7 redsoxpatriot30's post

yep

it's a rip off sex and city

I just finished watching the second episode and so far I think it´s pretty interesting! Mainly because it´s about relationships and how this new sexual lifestyle affects the lifes of these families. I wasn´t even born at that time and for me it´s fascinating to watch the value/moral struggle, let´s see how they keep up the story.

Reply 9#9 alexgirl's post

I just realized this show has been added, and I think I'm going to start watching it tonight! I read the plot and I think its the most out of all the new 5 shows added that really appeals to my taste

Reply 10#10 J708's post

I finished watching the 4 episodes that are up and I can only recommend it!

Reply 11#11 alexgirl's post

great! then i'll begin watching it when i get home today

I'm not too sure about this one. All the 70s stuff......... Being born in 76 means I don't remember all that much of it and it is weird. To me, almost like a sci-fi show.

Reply 13#13 Teachergirl's post

Really give it a try! You can even take the quiz while watching to make it more fun! it is really worth it. The 70´s theme remains in the background really, the moral struggle is the main thing here.

I watched one it I am suprised it was on global I never heard of it when I had cable.

with only 4 episodes on it I would guess the show got cancelled.

Reply 15#15 minnieholly's post

actually its a brand new show and its first season is airing now. so you can keep on watching without any fear because there are 13 episodes to be produced for this first season (hoping it gets picked up later) and they´ve already filmed 4 more of them. The season will end in the middle of august and then we will know if it will come back or not.

Quote:
Originally posted by alexgirl at 7-2-2008 17:25  
actually its a brand new show and its first season is airing now. so you can keep on watching without any fear because there are 13 episodes to be produced for this first season (hoping it gets picked ...
So will the website update more episodes.

Reply 17#17 minnieholly's post

Probably, I am not a moderator, but I would guess so. Usually once they put a show up on the site they update it as new episodes air. This show aires in the US always on Thursdays at 22h, so you could expect it to be up the next few days following that.

Quote:
Originally posted by alexgirl at 7-2-2008 17:31  
Probably, I am not a moderator, but I would guess so. Usually once they put a show up on the site they update it as new episodes air. This show aires in the US always on Thursdays at 22h, so you could ...
Great because I am really liking this show, makes you wonder how people reacted with the whole sexual revolution and now it's a big life style.

Reply #19 minnieholly's post

I love this show! But what makes people love it so much is that it can do the whole sex thing without going overboard and show how these relationships affect other people...it makes me want to live in the '70s with all the cool music they had back then...and it also shows 3-D characters... However, the only character I haven't seen fully develop is Trina's husband... Almost everybody else is a real human being. Check out the quiz and you can earn points on a show that's still free!

42 123
Thread