Thread
Printable Version

Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Ahh, I'm hooked. I watched the first 5 episodes this morning without stopping.

The clothes are...*drools*

I've heard of comparisons between this show and Sex and the City. But I've got to say that I like Lipstick Jungle better. I've watched the first 3 episodes of SATC and just couldn't get into it for some reason.

I LOVE Nico. Well, I like Victory and her style better, but all three of the girls are pretty awesome. So it's hard to pick. But while I'm not a fan of what Nico's doing with Kirby, I love how great a friend she is. The way she resolved the book thing ("Tsunami for Bad Mommy" ) for Wendy and how she told Reese (Victory's assistant that sold Victory's sketches to that other designer), "You're melting girl. Melting," followed with that classic Nico look...

Okay, back to watching.

Ha! I wasn't surprised to find out that Charles was cheating on Nico. But the pregnancy!? Woah. I can't believe he just lied straight to her face like that when she reminded him of their history (how she was just a student of his...and look where they ended up): "I was single then. I'm married now."    I wonder what kind of trouble Megan is going to bring to Nico...

I'm looking forward to Victory's storyline. I read somewhere that they're bringing in a new love interest for her. Somebody who's like the complete opposite of Joe Bennett. Why is it that love triangles never get old!?   

Question: when does this show air? As in, by which day is it usually updated onto the site?

Reply 31#31 bala's post

*raises hand* But who saw Wendy kissing Dennis back from a mile away? Not me. That part was a shocker.

I don't like Griffin much either. I also thought he had something for Nico. But he might've just been a worried boss, who didn't want anything to happen to the editor-in-chief of an important magazine. I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the story unfolds.

I initially liked Victory and Roderigo, but I've come to conclude that I like Victory and Joe better. Like Shinny said, Victory and Roderigo just don't match. And his daughter's attitude....

Reply 34#34 studiojek's post

Yeah exactly! Whereas Roderigo keeps on complaining about Victory's lifestyle, Joe understands it because he leads a similar lifestyle. They do say opposites attract, but not in Victory and Roderigo's case...

New episode? What? *goes to viptv.net*

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Haha, that's weird. I mean it would've made more sense if they aired the other episode first, since it had Halloween stuff in it (Wendy taking her kids trick-or-treating, Nico saying that she hates Halloween, Victory going to the Halloween party..), but yeah. Did NBC change the show's timeslot? I went on tvguide.com and the next episode will be on November 7th, which is a Friday... I'm confused.

But back to the show itself, I feel so bad for Joe. I found it a little weird for Victory to kiss Roderigo so publicly, but I guess she was still in her moment of euphoria and didn't really care. Poor Joe though... It's gonna be interesting to see what will become of their "friendship" after what happened. I mean, after all, Joe still owns Victory's label.

I do not like Meghan. The way she reacted to Nico's gesture seemed very ungrateful and I don't know, I thought she should at least be somewhat nice to Nico considering everything Nico did for her. But anyway. I think Nico would make a great mom...but I don't think Kirby's ready for being a father yet though.

As for Wendy, I'm really excited for her storyline.

Reply 43#43 studiojek's post

Yes! I thought I saw her kissing back too. But I'm glad they resolved it.

I love those shoes too! How awkward was that moment? I disagree with Tina. I don't think Nico is treating Kirby like "a dress that gets worn a few times and then thrown to the back of the closet." She made a big step in inviting Kirby Bonfire's events and parties and everything. If she wasn't serious about the relationship, I don't think she would've done that.

I couldn't really figure out Victory's expression at the end. I thought she was mostly sad to find out that she hurt Joe so much without realizing. But I can kind of see happiness (mixed with shock) in her expression too.

Ugh, I'm so mad at NBC for canceling this show. I heard there's 5 unaired episodes left, but I'm unsure of whether they were shot before or after the cancellation announcement. If would be awful if they just ended with an abrupt ending. I heard there're fans who are sending in tubes of lipstick to the big executives at NBC. I hope it'll have an effect.

Ahh Joe. I had a feeling that he was going to break off all ties with Victory, but for a second there, I thought he was going to propose.

What was with the Griffin and Nico scene in the beginning? No! Kirby and Nico all the way! But they do seem to be on different pages -- Nico and her want to settle down somewhere peaceful, and Kirby's unwillingness to leave the city. I don't think they'll break up, but I think that'll be one of the issues that they have to work out.

Aww, poor..Kirby and Nico. I mean, in Kirby defense, he is only 26 and still has a career to pursue. But then again, at some point, he probably should've realized that Nico isn't going to be all fun and games anymore.

On a side note, how awesome was that art exhibit (or whatever they called it). I would love to be part of something like that.

Victory and Joeeeee. Hahah. I hope he reappears before the episodes run out (hopefully we'll get more!).

Shane. Shane. Shane. I agree with Shinny, I think that the whole baby thing was his way of trying to make Wendy a stay at home mom. As for Wendy, that other filmmaker is a real nut job. Hahaha.

Nico and Griffin wasn't a big surprise, but that kiss came out of nowhere! I have grown to like his character though. He seems to understand and respect Nico in ways that Kirby didn't exactly know how to. I'm dying to know Nico's response to Kirby asking her to Aspen...

Victory and Joe. *big grin on face* I bet that suit will become Joe's favorite suit. It better.

Wendy did the right thing by letting Shane go on tour. Sure, Shane will stay if she insisted on it, but he'll probably grow to resent her and blame her if his career does not work out in the future.

There's can't be only two episodes left. There's way to much drama to be resolved. *crosses fingers for more episodes*

Thread