29 12
Thread
Printable Version

Firefox 3

Firefox 3

It has been a week since Firefox 3 came out. Many people in this forum suggested upgrading right away but many of the members waited to see if there were any bugs in the new version. So, anybody that upgraded already, could you please let the rest of the members know what your experiences have been like and post to this thread. It would be a great service to the members here. Any information even second hand from the media is welcome. I think it would be helpful to have all the information about Firefox 3 together in one thread that could be easily referenced. Thank you for your participation! In my opinion, sharing this type of experience is very much the spirit of this forum. Here is the Firefox 3 information page with video tour and download link: [url]http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/[/url] [ Last edited by cshapiro at 6-26-2008 03:20 ]

I upgraded the day it came out, no dramas, highly recommend it the address bar is awesome

Reply 1#1 cshapiro's post

I also upgraded the day it came out, its very good, few of my add-ons do not work e.g Realplayer Browser Record Plugin (but I don't even use that so not much of problem). Much better in my opinion also recommended by me.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 3#3 01torres's post

They are no problems? Do the episode on here loads up ok ?

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Of course they do, you know I would have reported a major problem like that. There may be small problems but not enough to notice at the moment.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 5#5 01torres's post

Well i installed it and need to sort out new add-ones

I've been using it since the beta came out and no problem. That is for those of us on linux.

The only problem I had was that i had to reinstall all my plugins. It seemed to mess it up a bit. But that may have been because I had Firefox RC2. But everything is fine now.

Reply 8#8 carlorica's post

i had to update some of the plug-ins but 2 of them were disabled

Reply 9#9 bala's post

One of the thngs I miss is the colourful tabs. It still has them, but it no longer allows me to colour code by URL, even though it says it does. I'll be glad when that feature is upgraded because I really liked it.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 10#10 waterlilybarb's post

yeah i notice that to but it nice different colour so far it has decided colour tab this forum purple instead light yellow i had before.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

For me the forum is a blue tab - I had it as bright coral orange before, with the VIP site as a lighter shade of the same colour.

Reply 12#12 waterlilybarb's post

is it purplesh blue the forum tab ?

Reply 13#13 bala's post

I guess so. It looks more blue to me, but there is a hint of purple to it. Maybe they fixed it so whenever you go to a certain site it's always the same colour. I liked being able to choose the colours though. Now the VIP site is a pale yellowish green - not very pretty.

Reply 14#14 waterlilybarb's post

i like that pale yellowish green for me that better because i can see the text more clearer

firefox 3

Hi just replying to thread, download firefox 3 when i tried to watch a show the browser keep crashing so sent a report to modzilla, funny thing is i then couldn't access site with explorer or safari, had to uninstall firefox and get an old version from filehippo worked fine then, i think i'll hold out a bit longer for all the bugs to be squashed

hiya i have Firefox 3 and the shows work great...so it looks as though firefox 3 is good hope this helps grah

Reply 10#10 waterlilybarb's post

how do you color code? it sounds neat and id like to try

Reply 18#18 moonglow's post

It's an add-on for Firefox called Colorful Tabs. EDIT: HERE'S the link for it. :)

Reply 19#19 waterlilybarb's post

thank you that looks cool

29 12
Thread