Thread
Printable Version

Tried it all :(

Reply 14#14 moppybrody's post

I've had the problem with the loading bar not showing how far it has loaded before.  I had to do the clean uninstall to rectify that problem, but since I did I've not had any more issues.

Here are the instructions - found on the page you put the link to:
Quote:
Clean uninstall..... After you uninstall RP, you will see a pop-up after you uninstall RP, that it was unable to remove some of the RP files. If all of the files are not removed it can cause many problems, some very small, some very bothersome. So it's best, to do a "clean uninstall". To do that, first go to Control Panel>Add & Remove Programs>uninstall Real Player. Then close Control Panel and go to My Computer>C-Drive> Program Files>(R-click on "Real" and delete the file).
Then while you are still in Program Files double click on Common Files>(R-click on the "Real" file and delete the file). Then reinstall a fresh RP.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 16#16 silver1978's post

I have RP 11 too, and had the "Cache on-demand streams for faster seeking and smoother playback" box ticked, but still needed to do the clean uninstall for the buffering bar to show how much was loaded.  It was there initially, but disappeared when I reopened it one day.  I know how frustrating it can be to try and watch a show not having any idea how far the RP has loaded.  You have to restart it countless times, because no matter how long you let it buffer, it doesn't completely load.  Since the clean uninstall I've had seamless viewing.

Reply 18#18 moppybrody's post

I did notice your comment earlier, but you hadn't said how it affected your computer.  I didn't have any difficulty when I did the uninstall, so I'm not sure why you're having the problems you are having.  Hopefully someone else will be able to provide a solution to that problem.  I have no idea about what disc they could be referring to, as it's a downloaded file.

I'd research it myself for you, but have a migraine today and can't stay online very long.  May I ask what kind of computer you're using?  It might prove to be helpful when someone is offering suggestions.

One other suggestion I have - for when you have things up & running again:  I only have had trouble with the loading bar when I reset my bandwidth lower than 256 Kpbs - I don't know why.  Now when checking the speed, if it wants me to set my speed any lower than that, I don't do it.  I know most others don't have this problem, but it seems to have solved the issue for me.

Thread