Thread
Printable Version

Tried it all :(

Tried it all :(

Ok so it's Tuesday (just stating cause of Time differences and all) and last Friday I tried watching Episode 16 of new season for One Tree Hill and took over 2 hours or stopping, refreshing, restarting my computer to actually watch 10 minutes before I gave up. It will load up and go for a few minutes then need to load some more then it will get stuck on some random loading %. I figured since it was the day time, congestion might be high so I decided to go on later....forgot about it till today and I'm having the same problem with Smallville season 7 finale episode 20.

http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1 - I've followed everything on this page...except uninstalling as I had serious problems with doing that with a program last time, stuffed my comp up good.

I have Realplayer 11 and Firefox....this is the first time something this bad has happened since I've joined   and I'm hoping it's an easy fix and I missed something.

Just trying the EU server now...

Just pause it and wait 10 minutes or something? That doesn't do anything either

Like I said I went down that list step by step

Sorry Dan....your losing me

When I want to watch an episode I just click on the number episode I want - eg: for Smallville I go into there and click on episode 20 then another window pops up and it's realplayer, that's how it's always been since I first started.

I don't know what realplayer logo your talking about and only recently I'll press stop and reload and it'll freeze at a random % so I'll stop again them it'll time out (this is happening in the EU server, never happened in US server though that would sometimes time out but I'd just refresh everything)

With the pausing part...now that's the part that really confuses me...I don't see any progress part shown. It just says loading and I see the % go up until it reaches 100% then it'll change to a flashing pause image and have 296.5kbps next to it

Sorry sorry sorry....I know I'm being a pain

Reply 7#7 dognxtdoor's post

LOL i was just doing the exact same wondering if thats what you meant

Thanks heaps Dan

[ Last edited by moppybrody at 5-20-2008 08:35 ]

[ Last edited by moppybrody at 5-20-2008 08:41 ]

Is the progress bar the thing where the little knobby thing moves along as you watch?

That's what I thought but I've got Realplayer 11, not 10.5

And in 11 it doesn't change

This is what it's looked like since my last post, gone done homework with son, had dinner....can you see something I don't?

Reply 15#15 waterlilybarb's post

Ok so I'm currently trying it your way Barb.

Did you happen to read my comment about uninstalling earlier in the thread....well not being rude to you (as it's not your fault your just helping me) but it's happening again.

It always stuffs up my comp, I went to add/remove programs, that went fine then I went to program file to delete 'Real' file and it went great too, then I went to Common and went to delete 'Real' there but when it's showing the little pop up whenever you delete something....another pops up and says "Cannot delete colorcvt.dll: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or copyright protected and that the file is currently not in use"

I've closed down everything so nothing that real player would use is running and buggered if I know how to check if it's copyright (it's the same one everyone else downloaded from the front page and what disk are they talking about?

I hate computers....

okey dokey

Reply 21#21 waterlilybarb's post

Sorry to hear about your migraine Barb, hope you feel better later.

Good news though....it's fix and I have the little progress bar dooby

I huge thank you to Dan and Barb for all your help!!! 2 big thumbs up!
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Points +5 For working with us, Thank you for your 5-20-2008 16:30
  • dognxtdoor Treasure +5 For working with us, Thank you for your 5-20-2008 16:30

Thread