22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Tried it all :(

Tried it all :(

Ok so it's Tuesday (just stating cause of Time differences and all) and last Friday I tried watching Episode 16 of new season for One Tree Hill and took over 2 hours or stopping, refreshing, restarting my computer to actually watch 10 minutes before I gave up. It will load up and go for a few minutes then need to load some more then it will get stuck on some random loading %. I figured since it was the day time, congestion might be high so I decided to go on later....forgot about it till today and I'm having the same problem with Smallville season 7 finale episode 20.

http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1 - I've followed everything on this page...except uninstalling as I had serious problems with doing that with a program last time, stuffed my comp up good.

I have Realplayer 11 and Firefox....this is the first time something this bad has happened since I've joined   and I'm hoping it's an easy fix and I missed something.

Reply 1#1 moppybrody's post

Have you tried both the US and the European Servers?

Also have you paused the show before it starts playing?
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Just trying the EU server now...

Just pause it and wait 10 minutes or something? That doesn't do anything either

Like I said I went down that list step by step

Reply 3#3 moppybrody's post

Are you clicking on the real player logo on the first window that opens and selecting the option to play in real player...this will open a 2nd window this one has less issues then the web version of Real Player that opens by default.

In the real player version there is never a need to close this and re click the episode on the site. If there is a loading issue, you can hit stop....then play and it will re-attempt a connection.

As for the pausing....in the Real Player version you have opened you can see the progress 10 mins is a long time usually only a minute or so will do the trick to allow it to buffer ahead.

Sorry Dan....your losing me

When I want to watch an episode I just click on the number episode I want - eg: for Smallville I go into there and click on episode 20 then another window pops up and it's realplayer, that's how it's always been since I first started.

I don't know what realplayer logo your talking about and only recently I'll press stop and reload and it'll freeze at a random % so I'll stop again them it'll time out (this is happening in the EU server, never happened in US server though that would sometimes time out but I'd just refresh everything)

With the pausing part...now that's the part that really confuses me...I don't see any progress part shown. It just says loading and I see the % go up until it reaches 100% then it'll change to a flashing pause image and have 296.5kbps next to it

Sorry sorry sorry....I know I'm being a pain

No no its ok...This will solve your problem...Do this for a  free show so we don't waste points.

1. Choose the show..and the server you want to watch.
2. Click on the episode.
3. A window opens that will load and start to play the episode..in the lower right hand corner of this window is a real player logo..click on this, and a menu appears....choose the option that states play in Real Player.
4. A new window will open and the first one will stop automaticly. This is Real Player not the web application. Hit Pause....and you will see the progress bar after it loads 100% slowly start to build up.
5. If it does not reach 100% or does not load at all..hit stop and play again on this new window.

Let me know if you follow what I am saying now.

Reply 7#7 dognxtdoor's post

LOL i was just doing the exact same wondering if thats what you meant

Thanks heaps Dan

[ Last edited by moppybrody at 5-20-2008 08:35 ]

[ Last edited by moppybrody at 5-20-2008 08:41 ]

Reply 8#8 moppybrody's post

No problem...This is actually the most reliable way to watch VIP shows....So once you have this figured out...you should always watch this way

This is also the way to get true full screen because you will have the option to change the view to theater mode  

Is the progress bar the thing where the little knobby thing moves along as you watch?

Reply 10#10 moppybrody's post

this green bar that moves across is the buffer I am referring to.

That's what I thought but I've got Realplayer 11, not 10.5

And in 11 it doesn't change

Reply 12#12 moppybrody's post

yes it does...I have 10.5 on here, as it is work computer, and I can not upgrade it...however I have 11 on my other PC's and have that progress bar.  You will only see it if you are in fact playing in real player mode though.....

By selecting Play in Real Player on that web application that opens first.

This is what it's looked like since my last post, gone done homework with son, had dinner....can you see something I don't?

Reply 14#14 moppybrody's post

I've had the problem with the loading bar not showing how far it has loaded before.  I had to do the clean uninstall to rectify that problem, but since I did I've not had any more issues.

Here are the instructions - found on the page you put the link to:
Quote:
Clean uninstall..... After you uninstall RP, you will see a pop-up after you uninstall RP, that it was unable to remove some of the RP files. If all of the files are not removed it can cause many problems, some very small, some very bothersome. So it's best, to do a "clean uninstall". To do that, first go to Control Panel>Add & Remove Programs>uninstall Real Player. Then close Control Panel and go to My Computer>C-Drive> Program Files>(R-click on "Real" and delete the file).
Then while you are still in Program Files double click on Common Files>(R-click on the "Real" file and delete the file). Then reinstall a fresh RP.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 14#14 moppybrody's post

RP11 does indeed have a buffering bar (looking at it right now). That is very odd what is going on with you. I tried the episode you mentioned and it worked fine for me It almost appears to me that you have buffering turned off. Please try this:

Tools-Preferences
Click on Playback Settings
Make sure the checkmark is clicked in the box near "Cache on-demand streams for faster seeking and smoother playback"
If this doesn't help, let me know and I will do more research on the matter.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 16#16 silver1978's post

I have RP 11 too, and had the "Cache on-demand streams for faster seeking and smoother playback" box ticked, but still needed to do the clean uninstall for the buffering bar to show how much was loaded.  It was there initially, but disappeared when I reopened it one day.  I know how frustrating it can be to try and watch a show not having any idea how far the RP has loaded.  You have to restart it countless times, because no matter how long you let it buffer, it doesn't completely load.  Since the clean uninstall I've had seamless viewing.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 15#15 waterlilybarb's post

Ok so I'm currently trying it your way Barb.

Did you happen to read my comment about uninstalling earlier in the thread....well not being rude to you (as it's not your fault your just helping me) but it's happening again.

It always stuffs up my comp, I went to add/remove programs, that went fine then I went to program file to delete 'Real' file and it went great too, then I went to Common and went to delete 'Real' there but when it's showing the little pop up whenever you delete something....another pops up and says "Cannot delete colorcvt.dll: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or copyright protected and that the file is currently not in use"

I've closed down everything so nothing that real player would use is running and buggered if I know how to check if it's copyright (it's the same one everyone else downloaded from the front page and what disk are they talking about?

I hate computers....

Reply 18#18 moppybrody's post

If you have removed it from Add/Remove programs that should be sufficient..now do the re-install.

okey dokey

22 12
Thread