Thread
Printable Version

Point Conversion?

Point Conversion?

Just wondering what was going on with point conversion.  I see that there was no deadline set after may 5th, and it sounds like points aren't getting converted.  I can be patient, I was just wondering if maybe there was a problem with the system or maybe an illness with the person who handles that?  Don't mean to be a pest or anything, just wondering cause I'm out of points

Reply 1#1 sweetkathryn74's post

As you may be aware, this type of administration is handled by our admin staff who are based in China. That in itself can pose problems with timezones and sometimes available staff to carry out these functions.

I am sure that the points will be converted in as timely a matter as possible and  apologise for the delay.  I know it can be fustrating not being able to view your favouritee shows due to lack of points.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Thanks for the reply   It can be frustrating, but I'm pretty patient   and I always think this site is worth waiting for...I LOVE it!!!

I know that members should be patient, and that is all fine, I understand all that. Time zone problems, being too busy, actually having a life, I can totally understand and accept all of that.

But still, is it normal that it takes so long and that there isn't even a new thread up? They skipped a whole week.

Did something like that happen before?

Reply 4#4 KaitlynReynolds's post

It happens every so often.  It's possible the person in charge - usually Xin - goes away or gets sick, and forgets to pass on the responsibility to another administrator, but I'm not exactly sure why it happens.  LBJ sometimes takes over in doing the points conversion.  Maybe something happened that caused them to forget.  Right now, they might be concerned about family members or friends who reside where the worst of the quake hit, so that might be why we've not had a response to the query.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

Oh my, the earthquake. I totally didn't think about that. Thanks for reminding me, now I feel bad. I hope everyone's alright. They should take their time for their families and friends, we can wait.

Reply 6#6 KaitlynReynolds's post

Don't feel bad, you asked a very valid question.

Reply 6#6 KaitlynReynolds's post

That's OK.  I know LBJ has logged in since the quake, but not for long, so we haven't heard any news from the administrators.

Where was the earthquake? I didn't even know about it. Haha.

Reply 9#9 dannixx's post

There was an earthquake in China yesterday that registered 7.8 on the Richter scale, and the death toll is already over 10,000  - hardly a laughing matter.

HERE is a link to news from today about it.

Reply 9#9 dannixx's post

I agree with Barb the Haha was really not needed, ignorance is not an excuse for insensitivity.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this terrible thing.  I too didn't think about the quake when I made this thread.  Sending love and *hugs* to all affected.

Kathryn

activation

Does anyone know if there is someone else to contact about late activation as Lbj is not picking up the pm I sent, and with good reason, I also tried Stone. It's been three days since my payment went through and I don't really have many points because I always do a 30 day activation.  I don't want to be a bother, but last month I waited almost 2 weeks, and I'm just really hoping that doesn't happen again.

Reply 13#13 delygirl's post

You should contact Zhang2000 he's the newest administrator and is on here more regularly.

I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

Reply 14#14 shinny's post

Thank you I sent a pm, you guys rock with your quick responses

I wish I could get some more points.
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Points +10 Ok...how about 10 of em :) 5-16-2008 18:23

Thread