Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Quote:
Originally posted by casper27 at 5-8-2008 17:56  
Our thread to discuss all things Men.

http://dovegreyreader.typepad.com/photos/uncatego ...
Boy did i get excitted when i first read this was the new thread.  a place to hang out and talk about men. i was thinking friday night with the my girl friends was gonna spill over into my web life
talk about my disappointment the farther along in reading the thread.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 28#28 dognxtdoor's post

This thread is so like living with my cousins again - too funny

anyway dog: i know i'm not a "gentlemen" but thought i'd give you my 2 cents:
We have the PS3 and i have family with the multiple Xbox's and from what i've seen and herd they are pretty close with graphics and capability BUT XBOX360 is in the forfront. Price, performance, visual quality, game selection and online support the XBOX 360 wins in every category.  Also XBOX eeks out in front with it's on-line community it's had more time to create a concrete base of gamers who play regularly online.

(here's a really manly looking XBOX360 for your "club")

hope this helps

[ Last edited by kwargalla at 5-9-2008 10:28 ]
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

Reply 46#46 moppybrody's post

it's a custom case you can buy for the XBOX.  the guy's were complaining to many girly stuff was showing up in the thread so I thought i'd give them a thread warming gift of the most manly XBOX i could find.

Region free dvd players are not that expensive!! actually most of the real cheapy players are region free.  since half of my dvd collection is region 1 (canadian) and the other half is region 2 (irish) so i've gone through a couple of dvd players.  at the moment i'm using a phillips region free dvd player i picked up for about 70 euro.  
the best thing to do when buying a dvd player is ask if it's region free cause most of the time they just hand over a set of codes that unlock the regions.

also when traveling with your laptop to different places most of the time you only need a plug adapter , the big black box thingy (yes this is my tech talk) on the cord can actually change the country voltage to the voltage  the laptop requires.  this also saves your laptop from lightening strikes and such.

Reply 110#110 shinny's post

I totally agree with shinny...... and here's one for the boys
BIGGER is BETTER (when it comes to MP3 players dirty minds out there! ).  i have a 30gb Ipod and when i got it i was like, never gonna fill it.  it's now full and i have to transfer movies & music on and off it every regularly. if you decide to get a small capacity  player just remember it means changing your play list regularly.

casper - i'm glad you like my techie talk

Reply 119#119 silver1978's post

When my mom got her new palm (which she loves so much she got everyone in her office one) she give me her old one.  the only problem is when my boy & i moved out of our apt in canada to move here he left a bag full of electrial cords including my charger & dock. they don't sell the model i have over here and the newer versions use a different charger    still looking for a replacement.

Canada in September

I can agree with everything that the other Canadians are saying about september being an excellent time to visit canada!!  and hey i used to still go swimming in september.  shinny, if you decide to go have a great time.

Reply 145#145 shinny's post

Check out air transat - it's a charter company and it fly's directly from Dublin and is aabout 3 to 4 times cheaper.  air canada is a very expensive airline.

I'm a Toronto girl so it's hard to say, bias opinion and all.   It really depends on what kind of vacation your looking for.  Shannon is correct with her communication comment and both places are excellent for night life and touristy type things.  Something that might peek your interest into going to TO: there is a large contingency of Irish pubs sprinkled through out the down town core.

Reply 151#151 shinny's post

Shinny

TO has great shopping!! my boyfriend relates queen st west to sorta like grafton st. only better cause it has cafes, pub's w/ patios & live music.  than there are the malls - yorkdale, the eaton centre etc and then they is younge & bloor area (which is more posh)  
also as barb say's great public transit NOTHING like dublin bus!!!!!!!

casper
congrads on the new bbq.  we use our gas bbq all year round!  i've even cooked a turkey dinner on one.  they totally rock!!  i'm sure your's looks much better than ours at the moment - our dog has progressively  started to eat pieces if the bbq.  it not longer has knobs or 2 out of the 4 wheels it had in the beginning

Reply 163#163 bala's post

that's one dirty old man

Wow - I'm glad I was away for the weekend and missed the canada in not a state portion of the thread .  The only thing i'm gonna say about it is - Bala - during the winter yes parts of canada are really cold, other parts are moderately cold BUT during the summer it gets REALLY HOT.  Canada has 4 complete seasons.

Thread