Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 788#788 bala's post

I've been using laptops for several years and haven't had any problems.  One suggestion - if you do use it away from a desk or other well ventilated surface, get a cooling pad for underneath.  It will keep it from over-heating& save the battery life in the long run.  I use mine on a tray table and keep the cooling pad under it all the time.  If I happen to use it on my lap or other softer surface, I notice the heat right away which reminds me to stick the cooling pad under it.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 796#796 bala's post

Glad we could help.   I didn't know to get one when I got my first laptop either.  I just kept noticing how hot it would get and searched about it.  That's how I learned about the need for a cooling pad.

Reply 832#832 sanggye's post

Have a great time.  Can't wait to hear about any interesting things you see/hear there.

Reply 827#827 bala's post

Missed that post yesterday.  Hope all goes well with the new job.   It's a lot easier to be excited about work when it's a job you like (and pays decently).

Reply 836#836 sanggye's post

Cool!  I would love to see/hear Shatner.  He's such an entertaining guy and tells the best anecdotes.

Reply 838#838 bala's post

I know you posted it a while ago, but I was referring to when I was reading posts in the thread.

Glad to hear it's going well and the people are nice.  I've had jobs that weren't the greatest but having nice people to work with made it not only bearable, but fun.  I've had other jobs that paid pretty well but the people were miserable and I hated every minute I was there.  Good workmates and/or bosses really do make a difference.

Firefox

Question fellas - I'm still running FF v. 3.6.9.  I have started getting so many script errors and just noticed in my Gmail that there was a notice at the top that the version I'm running does not support Gmail (or vice versa - can't remember the phrasing).  Anyway, which version/s are you all using and have you had any problems with this or the movie site if you are using a more up to date version?  Thanks in advance for any tips.

Reply 845#845 bala's post

I have been using chrome sometimes for watching RP videos, so if that's the main trade-off, I can live with it.  It would be nice if one browser did everything I wanted it to, but since I'm wanting more from them all the time, it's probably not as realistic as it once was.   Thanks for the feedback Bala.   If anyone else has more tips, I'd be happy to hear them.  

Reply 848#848 rickman's post

That totally sucks!  Can you watch shows on any sites?  I can't imagine such a drop, especially since you had such a fast connection before.  Must be frustrating to do even basic stuff.  Nice to see you though.

Reply 876#876 casper27's post

My uncles bought one for my Grandad (this is years ago) after he retired.  The yard was massive and kind of hilly.  Some parts still had to be mowed with the regular push mower, but the riding mower was wonderful.  We gave it to my youngest Uncle's father-in-law when we sold the property after the Grandparent's passed.  He's thrilled with to have it as he and his wife live out in the country and have quite a large yard too.  He was a farmer and is semi-retired, but still - pushing a mower around on a hot summer day is no fun, especially when you're getting on in years.  ;-)

Reply 886#886 sanggye's post

Sorry to hear that.  It sucks no matter what time of year it is to lose your job.   I hope something comes up for you fairly soon.

Reply 973#973 bala's post

Wow!  That guy had some nerve!

Reply 976#976 bala's post

How stupid are these girls?  I don't even want to call them women, because it is beyond stupid to give a complete stranger personal information.  

Reply 978#978 bala's post

That part didn't disturb me.  The fact that so many women would give their number to a stranger, even after showing hesitation, is what I found stupid.  I have no problem with someone asking for my number.  I also have no problem saying no.

Reply 981#981 bala's post

Oh man!  I thought it was made up at first.  People are stupid, and like Shinny said, I bet some will buy it.

Reply 985#985 magic4u's post

hehehehehe

Reply 987#987 codebreaker's post

I saw they made the semi-finals the other day.  They are absolutely amazing, and SO creative.

Reply 1001#1001 sanggye's post

Nice to see you again sanggye!   Maybe with so many shows starting their new season now, we'll see you a little more often.

Reply 1003#1003 sanggye's post

That would be nice.   I kind of hate that most of the shows restart at the same time.  It makes it hard to keep up with, especially in regards to participating in the discussion threads.  I find that I'm recording half of the shows, so do not watch them immediately, which means I avoid the discussion threads on those shows so I don't see any spoilers.  

Reply 1036#1036 bala's post

Poor planning is putting it mildly!

Thread