Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 19#19 waterlilybarb's post

Do you ever wonder how Barb keeps everyone straight in her head? She always seems to remember stuff about people. I think she has a little notebook with cheat sheets in it.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Don't you guys know better by now? Women see all, hear all, and know all. You can't move this thread and think we won't find it HA! I laugh! HA!

[/sprinkles some more potpourri around and lights a scented candle]
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 118#118 kwargalla's post

I would never buy an Ipod for myself due to that reason. I don't like electronics that require memory and don't have expandable storage. My favorite gadget ever is my Palm Pilot. With my SD cards (which are quite cheap now), I use it as an MP3 player, a video player, photo viewer, alarm clock, ebook reader (over 400 books on it at the moment!), and phone book. I can also play games on it and use the internet with WiFi. I can also write and print documents, pdfs etc if I really wanted to- just havent had the need for that part much

I broke the screen on my Palm Pilot about a month ago and was lost without it. I was so happy when my replacement came!!!

[ Last edited by silver1978 at 5-11-2008 00:14 ]
E. E. Cummings

Reply 125#125 shinny's post

The roads here in the UK make me shiver with fear! The thing that gets me the most is in the US, if I say something is 60 miles away, that can be (for the most part) figured as 1 hour away. Here, if something is 60 miles away, it could take me 3 hours to get there
E. E. Cummings

Reply 138#138 RyanB1's post

Ryan, the UK is definitely a beautiful place and I am glad that I came here, but I will be happy to go back to the US. The main issue here in the UK for me right now is the cost of living. Housing is VERY expensive and since the pound is so high, so is everything else. Unfortunately when a country's currency is as high as the UK's currently is, it hurts all the citizens of that country and there are a lot of people here starting to feel the pinch.
E. E. Cummings

Reply 141#141 bala's post

I don't live in London, I live in northern England and trust me it's VERY expensive compared to the US. I pay 3x as much in rent as I would for a comparable home in the US. Gas and electricity- don't even get me started there
E. E. Cummings

Air Canada can be cheap- I flew them once because they were the cheapest to get where I wanted to go, but unless really hard pressed I will never fly with them again after that experience. I flew from London to Toronto on Air Canada. The flight attendants were rude at best, the plane was late every time, the in-flight entertainment kept breaking down, and they lost my luggage on the way home. Wasn't a good experience for me
E. E. Cummings

Reply 148#148 shinny's post

Where do you want to end up? Just in one of those cities? Both have a lot to offer- I grew up about 1 hour south of Montreal. Depends on your interests really. At least in Toronto you don't have to worry about communication issues like there are sometimes in Montreal.
E. E. Cummings

Reply 212#212 bala's post

I don't see any Diet Coke cans so I can say for sure none of them are mine!
E. E. Cummings

Reply 288#288 bala's post

I have a Motorola K1. It's actually an upgrade from my last phone but it's definitely not top of the line. I rarely use my mobile except when I go to the states, then I change my UK sim card out for a US pre-paid one. I honestly hate talking on the phone.

I am a gadget junkie though. I can't do without my Palm TX. I have so many gadgets to hook up to my computer, I ran out of USB slots and had to buy a hub.
E. E. Cummings

Thread