Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 279#279 imarielle626's post

Yeah, after I initially posted and then did a search, it was a bit of a challenge to find the specific city.  I found an article in the Yale Daily News that named Sderot, and then I checked the wiki.  What a stressful way to live.  I especially found it interesting (not in a pleasant way) that the young children are so used to it because it's all they've ever really known.   Very unsettling, but not shocking, since children are so resiliant, but truly are so much a product of their environment.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 282#282 bala's post

Between you & Craig, the gadget sector has nothing to fear.  They'll remain in business forever.

Reply 286#286 bala's post

My phone is so basic and will last me ages since I rarely use it.  I keep it for emergencies, when I'm travelling or if I'm stuck somewhere and need a taxi.  It's good to have, but since I'm usually home, I didn't bother with any bells & whistles.

Reply 294#294 bala's post

They were obviously well prepared, but it seems crazy to me.  They wanted to set a world record.  I guess people will do just about anything for their names to go down in the books.

Reply 297#297 bala's post

I would wind up taking pictures of my cats if I had a camera on my phone.   It's just as well I don't, since I REALLY don't want to turn into a crazy cat lady.

Reply 299#299 bala's post

The voice recording thing would be great for me.  I'm always writing lists, and then I sometimes forget to bring them with me.  If I could just record memos to myself - like...buy milk - it would be handy.  

Reply 301#301 bala's post

Yes, but I never use it.  I've tried, but didn't find it helpful.  The voice recorder would just be more convenient...especially now that I'm packing.  I have so much to do that it's harder to keep track of everything and I keep either misplacing my lists or accidentally throwing them away.

Reply 303#303 bala's post

I'm used to how my voice sounds on a recording - so that doesn't bother me.  

Reply 308#308 bala's post

That's quite a stereotype you have of women Bala.  While many women might take a while to get ready, I know many men who take a long time too.  Personally, it doesn't generally take me long to get ready - even for a night out.

BTW, if you noticed, the title of the video is "Most Costume Change Illusions in 1 min by an Individual".

Can you change into 11 costumes in 1 minute?  I highly doubt it.

Reply 342#342 bala's post

Were you and your buddies jumping on the bed again? ;P

Reply 346#346 bala's post

Sounds like you were either sleeping on a very small bed or you've been eating too much lately.

Is your new bed comfortable?   My cousin & his wife bought one last year and it took them months to find one that was just right.  Thankfully they bought from stores that allow you 30 days to try it and if it's not comfortable you can return it (as long as you haven't wrecked it).  Beds are often a challenge.  Mine is only a couple years old and suits me to a T, but it was work shopping for it.

Reply 348#348 bala's post

I don't know what's available there, but I know I had a hard bed for a while (it was a loaner from a friend) and I used a foam mattress topper (here you can get them at a pretty cheap price - just depends on the quality) and an inexpensive one made a huge difference.  Before that I even used an old comforter (synthetic duvet) under the sheets to make it a bit softer.  Not ideal, but it helped.  Maybe you can try something like that.

Reply 352#352 bala's post

Good.  Being able to get a good night's rest is important, and having a decent place to sleep goes a long way in making that happen.

Reply 361#361 bala's post

That's great news.  Well done!

Reply 382#382 rickman's post

I've never had to go that far.  

Reply 380#380 mikecott's post
It depends on what I was doing before it crashed.  If I was in the middle of something I don't want to have to re-do, I resume previous session.  Otherwise I just start a new one.  Sometimes I have to restart my computer.

Reply 414#414 bala's post

LOL!  That's one well used chair.  It was about time for a new one.

Reply 421#421 bala's post

ONLY 12 hours a day?  Unless that includes working - that's a lot!  When the weather is nice, can you at least bring your computer outside and use wifi to get some fresh air? lol

Reply 450#450 casper27's post

Gee, I feel lucky to NOT have someone wait on me hand & foot.  Guess I'd have to get a wife for that, and THAT ain't gonna happen.  

Reply 454#454 casper27's post

My Grandpa was very good.  When he was working, my Gran took care of the house & kids (and most everything), but after he retired, he helped with the housework, and took over the big yardwork, which my Gran used to do.  

He was rarely sick.  He had a strong constitution, and not until he was in his 70s did he ever have any real illness, and that was pneumonia severe enough to stick him in hospital.  Other than that, he was healthy as a horse.  Never had a case of "man flu", though men of that generation were made of stronger stuff.

Bala - not ALL mothers cater to their sons.  My Mum loved her son enough to teach him to be self-suffucient.  He can cook, clean, take care of his son (without calling it "baby-sitting') as well as work full time.  He isn't really the sort to get "man flu" either.  When he gets sick, unless he's stuck in bed with it, he pretends he's fine.  Sometimes he should take it a little easier, but he's more the kind to take care of others than to worry about being waited on.

Reply 460#460 bala's post

My brother is 8 years younger than me.  Some only children or youngest of a big family do get spoiled, but not all.  It takes effort to teach little kids to do chores, but the effort put forth when they're little more than pays off when they're older.

Thread