Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 539#539 waterlilybarb's post

Apparently, the clocks DID change here last night - DESPITE the fact the news said it changed November 7th.  Even my PC said DST ended Nov. 7. Annoying - I hate being an hour off.

EDIT:  I'm SUCH a dolt!  Our clocks don't change until next week, but some of my machines are older & go by the old schedule (we switched when DST ended a few years ago). :L  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 541#541 waterlilybarb's post

HAHA Barb that made me spit up my drink. You do make me laugh. Glad you got sorted

Reply 542#542 casper27's post

Glad I could give you a laugh Craig.   It's a good thing I'm not easily embarrassed...as I had my FB status questioning why the time changed & no one told me.   
You have NO idea how confused I was.  We're still battling some mighty winds here (which have the barometer in an tizzy), which have caused me to have vertigo most of the week, plus the cold air has my sinuses all stuffed up, AND I have a migraine lurking, just waiting to blow.  You can imagine my head isn't feeling so swell, and my brain is just not working at full capacity.  I'm trying to bypass the meds today, but I may have to cave.  They just make me feel pukey.

Reply 544#544 bala's post

well i've done 3 out of 10 so far..and hopefully will not die anytime soon.

Reply 545#545 casper27's post

Which 3 Craig?  

Reply 546#546 waterlilybarb's post

I have actually done 4 forgot about my trip to Czech Republic. Just turned up at the airport and went. Me an a friend many years ago, got pick pocketed there aswell...

1 - Climb something that scares the hell out of you
2 - Dive with sharks
3 - Kill, dress and cook your own game for dinner
4 - Head to the airport with just a rucksack full of clothes and take the first flight out.

Being a diving instructor I have dived with sharks on numerous occasions still have a lot of respect though, too many close shaves.
Used to go hunting in Cyprus alot aswell so have caught and cooked my dinner on many occasions.
I counted parachuting as climbing something as that really did scare the hell out of me first time.

Reply 547#547 casper27's post

Well your certainly a lot more adventurous than me

New hybrid London bus debuts

London Mayor Boris Johnson has unveiled an all-new London bus. It uses an efficient hybrid drivetrain that makes it the most fuel efficient bus ever to hit the capital.

Built by Wrightbus, the as-yet-nameless double-decker also sees the return of the traditional open rear platform, allowing passengers to jump on and off quickly.

It features two staircases to make embarking and disembarking quicker and the open back can be closed off if necessary.

Passenger comfort has been prioritised, too. The bus has a torque limiter in first gear to allow it to pull away smoothly - so falling over in the aisles should be a thing of the past.

It is packed with modern technology, including an aluminium spaceframe chassis similar in principle to that of the Audi R8 supercar.

The diesel-electric hybrid drivetrain uses a battery-powered motor at the rear to boost power. It also improves economy by making less work for the diesel engine. Noise will be lower than ever.

The battery is charged by a generator linked to the 4.5-litre diesel engine. Hybrid buses are already on the streets of London, but Wrightbus claims that this is the most efficient by some way.

Source

Reply 549#549 bala's post

I think it looks awefull. I like the tech but just look at it..

This would have been better, imagine this driving the streets of London

Reply 550#550 casper27's post

yeah it does look awful but it very similar new buses i seen few years back.

ps nice tiger bus

Reply 551#551 bala's post

Do you go fishing Bala, its my new fad at the moment. Caught a massive flat fish yesterday. It was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big.  Seriously though it was pretty impressive.
Like the new avatar by the way..

Reply 552#552 casper27's post

no i don't -don't have patient to

Well it caught my eye on the internet

Reply 552#552 casper27's post

I don't really enjoy fishing, but my brother does.  I can bait my own hook though.   Around here you can't really eat the fish you catch, so it's less satisfying.  When I used to go fishing (reluctantly) up north, the dish was edible & delicious.  I rarely caught anything big enough to keep though. lol  My 1st roommate loved fishing.  She & her Dad would go together.  I think she still does - with her hubby & kids.

Am i missing something ?

Didn't they break up last year ?

Just to cheer guys up

Reply 555#555 bala's post

You can't have missed this it's been all over the news man. At least we get an extra bank holiday
@ Barb
Why can't you eat the fish where you live? is it too polluted?

All the snow has gone now down here only got a few inches so the rain took most of it. Im venturing up north to visit the parents next week so hope it clears up there soon. Dosn't look likely though.

Reply 557#557 casper27's post

I hardly ever get a chance to watch the news but student protest at Westminster really seem gone out of hand but i don't blame them for protest higher tuition fees- it really going put people off going uni.

Reply 557#557 casper27's post

Yes Craig.  The fish in the local river is so polluted - some of them have tumours - quite gross.  It's so industrial around here, that even though there have been good changes made, the effects of dumping the pollutants into the river all those years will take years to correct itself.

Here my new MP3 player-i was surprised that it was easy to use simple plug and play-the annoying thing was that i found some music already pre-loaded the songs weren't my taste .

Thread