Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 500#500 codebreaker's post

i don't have to watch everything if you just spread out evenly during the week it's easier.

Hardest thing is to not exceed it 3 times.

Reply 501#501 bala's post

Whats your bandwidth limit? Im with Bt "Unlimited" 20meg which really has a cap of around 30gig a month fair usage policy.
I hate all these companies advertising UNLIMITED internet when there is actually a hard cap...

Reply 502#502 casper27's post

I'm with Sky 20 meg unlimited and is truly unlimited with no fair use policy but lacks in download speed for me of about 3.5 meg

Reply 502#502 casper27's post

40GB -8MB package

Reply 503#503 codebreaker's post

I may switch over to Sky package as im already a customer. Download speed for me is not a biggy as long as I can watch videos and surf the net at a reasonable speed.
Also Im sure its cheaper, I pay £25 a month just for boradband.

Reply 505#505 casper27's post

That quite a lot- here a comparison from my provider

Comparision

Reply 505#505 casper27's post

I only pay £10 for broadband but I've got phone and TV as well and i know some people on cable broadband which is restricted at peak times if your a heavy user and as for me i have used over 150GB in a month

HDMI Cable

A year ago we bought a new HDTV with a free blu-ray player and tv worked fine but we didn't have any DVD to test since most of stuff i watch is on-line.

Last week my uncle gave a wedding dvd of his sister kid getting married in sri-lanka and we put dvd only sound came up. My dad tried to figure it out but couldn't figure it out. Yesterday i was bored so i decided to investigate i knew they something missing i found you needed a HDMI cable was missing. no one tell you you need it .

Today my dad bought it but can you guess how much it cost £60 and now the picture worked.  Here the kicker if we bought it a year ago it would only cost £40. Just for a cable.

Before any of ask me why my dad didn't cheap one it was because he advised against it according to the sales rep it could do harm to our tv and DVD. he went with recommended one for blu-ray players.

Reply 508#508 bala's post

I'm probable like most people we have the HDTV but nothing HD to connect to it and until SKY include HD with their subscription i don't plan to get it but like you if there is something i want to watch it's online but what frustrates me is the DVD rentals companies that advertise only available from use when we know they have been available online for months

Reply 509#509 codebreaker's post

If you ever buy blu-ray player- that wire doesn't come with the player unless you order one-it's very expensive.

Reply 510#510 bala's post

I've not seen a blue-ray film or a HD TV channel so i don't know how good it is and is it worth the investment

Reply 511#511 codebreaker's post

To be honest i don't have any blu-ray film.

i am still trying figure out where HD channel are on the tv

Reply 512#512 bala's post

I think you have to have free-sat HD - SKY HD or Virgin HD i don't think it's available on ordinary free-view

Reply 513#513 codebreaker's post

i figured as much

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-29-2010 16:12  
I've not seen a blue-ray film or a HD TV channel so i don't know how good it is and is it worth the investment
Well i don't think it would be for you since you watch most of the stuff online. Blu-ray movies are designed for those people who have a lot of disposable income. If you look amazon you value of some of Blu-ray movies or tv shows. It only good in my opinion people who own more than 100 DVD'S.

The only difference picture and sound quality is better.

Reply 511#511 codebreaker's post

My brother has a blu-ray player and an HDTV & I watched the newest Star Trek movie on it.  I had already seen it, so I was interested in comparing.  For big films with SFX, blu-ray IS better, but not enough for me to get one.  

I think it all depends on what you're looking for or expecting.  As a child of the '70s, regular TV is fine by me - I actually don't really like most HD.  I still use my VCR as I have a LOT of VHS movies, and regular DVDs.  My TV is pretty basic, so new tech is wasted on me here.  I'd have to upgrade everything -which is NOT in the budget.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

reply 516#516 waterlilybarb's post

and can you imagine a 3D TV? panasonic 3D TV is now in the market... and to watch it you should wear the 3D glass suplied with it... it is quite interesting to others but for me is not. i don't even like to watch a 3D movies...

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-29-2010 20:07  A year ago we bought a new HDTV with a free blu-ray player and tv worked fine but we didn't have any DVD to test since most of stuff i watch is on-line.Last week my uncle gave a wedding dvd of his s ...
bala you should check with the store your father bought the player from. they might just neglected it to put in the box. because here in japan it is included.

Reply 518#518 rickman's post

We didn't buy it in store we bought it online

Reply 517#517 rickman's post

he 3d Tv's are brilliant, I sat down and tried one in PC World and it was very realistic. It was a Sony one and cost around £3700 so I think I'll wait a while well a very long while till they come down in price.
Regarding Blueray I just dont see the ploint and im a gadget guy. The only difference I seen is the extra information hyou can get on how it was filmed and stuff which dont interest me.
Going to watch the next England match in 3D thouugh at the pub which should be different.

Thread