Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 480#480 bala's post

Everyone needs to be made a fuss over every once in a while.  It's what Mum's fo when their kids are sick, no matter how old they get.  I remember my Gran making soup to bring to my uncle when he had a cold or flu, and she did a lot to help my Mum when she was very ill some years ago.  It made my Gran feel needed, so let your Mum make a little fuss.  There will come a time when she won't be able to, or won't be around, and you'll think fondly of much she cared.

It IS better not to go out if you have a virus, but I know sometimes it's necessary.  I've learned those handy tips from others over the years, and am happy to pass them along.  Another good one I picked up from a nurse friend of mine (he's a man) - he doesn't shake hands during cold & flu season, and he just comes right out & tells people.  Since he does it in a nice way, no one gets offended, and it helps keep him from catching anything.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 481#481 waterlilybarb's post

I don't have social life which why i spend so much time on here- i sometimes wish i would meet someone but i am very shy i could never come up to a women i like ask her out because i think they won't like me. i am nice guy but i have a confidence problem when it approach women i fancy. The women i don't fancy i makes friends with no problem. i find it so much easily chatting women i don't fancy than ones i do.

Reply 482#482 bala's post

A lot of people are like that.  It just takes practice.

I was thinking about having to go out to the store or run errands (post office, appointment, etc) where there are others around.  It's crowded areas that get viruses spread to so many people.  I catch a lot because my neighbour has a little girl who is in school.  I don't always remember to wash my hands when I come back in from checking the mail, since I've only gone up & down the stairs. Touching the handrail is the most likely way I catch whatever she's been in contact with, even when she doesn't catch the bug herself.  I love kids, but they DO carry all kinds of germs - especially when they are school age.

Reply 483#483 waterlilybarb's post

it's funny how you don't think about these thing before you get sick. .

we all forget about wash our hands when he comes from outside because our mind pre-occupied with task you do normally do.

it's part of life lucky for me it only last 3-4 days

Well i am under the weather sore throat and running nosey

Reply 485#485 bala's post

Sorry to hear that ball hope you feel better soon mate.
On a brighter note I was at a conference today and speaking to one of the exhibition guys.I requested some samples for work and he got me to fill in a request.long story short the request went into a draw for a iPad and guess who won.
I'm writing this on my shiny new iPad
Just getting used to it as this is my first apple product.

Reply 486#486 casper27's post

Very cool Craig!  New gadgets are always fun, but even more so when they're free.

Reply 487#487 waterlilybarb's post

Congrats on the Ipad.  

Hope you feel better soon Bala.  Myself, I like steaming a cold, I'll start with a very hot shower, then just sit for a while with all the steam.  It doesn't cure it, but cleans the nose and lungs, which lessens the irritation on the throat.

Reply 488#488 sanggye's post

Same here hot showers does the trick

I was going through one of my very old e-mail account found something one of my female friends sent to me when i was younger - I thought i would share it on here

Fri, 27 May 2005 18:56:51

Words Women Use

F I N E
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

F I V E M I N U T E S
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

N O T H I N G
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something", and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with "Nothing" usually end in "Fine".

G O A H E A D
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

L O U D S I G H
This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud-Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing".

T H A T S O K A Y
This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

T H A N K S
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Send this to the men you know to warn them about future arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology!!

[ Last edited by bala at 10-16-2010 10:13 ]

Reply 490#490 bala's post

Those are soo true. Especially LOUDSIGH that says a thousand words whilst mentioning none.
A funny thing one of my friends girlfriend's said to him was
"If your legs were longer you would be taller"
this later progressed to me asking her how tall she was to which she replied
"5 foot 5 and an inch"
We ll surely that would be 5 foot 6" in any mans book. I think she meant 5 foot 5 and a little bit but bless her.

Reply 491#491 casper27's post

There was more to that E-mail i just read that i thought you would kick out of it since it's only one that wasn't offensive-it amazing stuff i received when i was younger teenage boys really send the most offensive stuff this was before broadband so we send each other disturbing pictures snake eating a human being

The worst is over i am on the mend but still have a mild cough .

i really hate all mobile apps it become such a business now it's ridiculous -i usually go free ones. maybe i am old-fashion mobile is suppose be for talking..

Reply 493#493 bala's post

The world is changing Bala. I definatly could not go back to a normal phone now.
Glad your feeling better mate. Im on a course for work at minute so lots of homework to do. Getting that full head feeling now. I think if I learn anymore I will forget how to tie my shoe laces or something.

Reply 493#493 bala's post

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Craig, I hear ya'.  Whenever I do a course or go to a lecture, my brain feels like it's on overload.  I'm really out of practice at cramming it full of info like when I was a student.

Reply 494#494 casper27's post

That one thing I am still look forward to I never had a job where I had go on course but it's something I am looking forward to.

Great day today finished course and can home to find internet up and ruuning again. Did not help during course though made research really hard had to do it the old fashion way with books which I forgot how long it actually took.
Had a big argument with my ISP BT and finally got them to waiver line rental for that period which is only fair.
Back up and running

Reply 497#497 casper27's post

Glad everything worked out for you

Well just check my internet bill they didn't charge me for over usage last month guess they stick to new rule of not charging unless you exceed it more 3 times in 6 month . i was worried

Reply 499#499 bala's post

That's good news but with such a big choice it must be hard to pick and choose what to watch

Thread