Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Adam was an only child up until this year but he knows how to vacuum unload the small stuff in dishwasher and dust. I never intended in making him a lazy slob who is selfish and only cares for himself, but we are all entitled to a little man flu now and then!

Reply 461#461 gabsimom's post

you makes your 5 year old do housework

i didn't do housework until i was 12

some 12 year olds are already married in some parts of the world, I left out he has to clean his room, the play room, stack the shoes on the shoe shelves, make his bed and take the wash out of dryer and drag it into the living room for me.
We work together alot and he enjoys helping his mommy!

Reply 463#463 gabsimom's post

Obviously clean his room and making the bed was all i was expected to do when i was younger but nothing else. i don't give wrong impression of my childhood.

Reply 460#460 bala's post

My brother is 8 years younger than me.  Some only children or youngest of a big family do get spoiled, but not all.  It takes effort to teach little kids to do chores, but the effort put forth when they're little more than pays off when they're older.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 465#465 waterlilybarb's post

i will remember that if i ever have kids

Reply 463#463 gabsimom's post

Too right, far too many kids are spoilt now days. Helping out and earning any treats instills a little bit of disiplin and respect for their surroundings.
I think the next topic should be something close to my heart and head this morning.
Hangovers
Whats your favorite hangover cure?? Or if you've never had a hangover what do you think it feels like.
My personal cure although not this morning is a run followed by a full English breakfast. Mmmm

Whats your favorite hangover cure?

Stay in bed-seriously a good sleep usually does the trick

Reply 468#468 bala's post

Sometimes staying in bed aint an option. I've got quite a few jobs to do in the garden today.
Maybe a hair of the dog later when the footballs on.

Reply 469#469 casper27's post

In that case there something i don't like but take a cold showers for 10 minutes That should sober you up

Reply 469#469 casper27's post

I've not had a hangover for quite some time, to be fair but what I used to do was drink a little sachet of electrolytes (you'd get them in the chemist for about 50p/70c probably) the next morning. As they rehydrate you and the hangover subsides.

But, my favourite would have to be a Full Irish Brekkie, haha! Soakage as we use to call it. Lol!! I've tried the hair of the dog before too Craig, but the hangover eventually catches up with you, lol!!

Reply 467#467 casper27's post

How your hangover now ?

When I use to drink Shinny's solution, well Americanized, I always drank gatoraid before going to bed. Also while drinking, drink a cup of water between drinks. if you are in the to little to late position, if you are nauseous make your self get it up and then down the sports drink, then some stiff tea as coffee upsets the stomach with some head ache meds.
if you just have that groggy headacht feeling just do the last step with out the vomit. And of course a good breakfast unless you were like me and did that too before bed.

Cheers guys feeling fine now. Just did some gardening chores instead of a run. Still might have the hair of the dog during the footy even though I feel fine?? Any excuse hey it is the weekend  

So have we run out conversation ?,

Next Topic: 2011- what do you expect will happen ?

I just hope something good happens to me

look like i'm coming down with a cold

i been sneezing since this afternoon so i know it coming

Reply 476#476 bala's post

Here's a care package to help you feel better.

Some throat lozenges to help with the cough:                       Some tissues for the sneezing:

A bowl of chicken soup, 'cause it never hurts:                          And the most masculine looking mug of tea I could find, to help keep you hydrated:

Feel better.

Reply 477#477 waterlilybarb's post

you really are sweetheart

I am not one those guy that let being sick stop me.

no casper it's not the man-flu

Reply 478#478 bala's post

Even if it doesn't stop you, a cold can make you feel pretty miserable.  If it is a bug, be aware when you're out and about too.  Sneeze into your elbow or a tissue rather than your hand - it helps in stopping you spread it to those who may not have strong immune systems, like older people, babies or those who can get around but have chronic issues like asthma.  And, of course, wash your hands frequently.

As someone with a compromised immune system, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it when I see people making an effort to not spread their germs, as it takes me weeks to get over something it may take you days to recover from.

Reply 479#479 waterlilybarb's post

I tend not to go out when i am unwell but it's kind annoying because my mum makes a fuss when i am unwell which annoys hell out of me-i am grown man for heaven sake .

Thanks for advice -you really knowledgeable about these things

Thread