Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 420#420 rickman's post

You might be surprised to know  that I only spend 12 hours a day on the computer -the rest of the time I'm sleeping or going out . Do you think is easy keeping update with all my shows,I need my sleep.

Reply 421#421 bala's post

ONLY 12 hours a day?  Unless that includes working - that's a lot!  When the weather is nice, can you at least bring your computer outside and use wifi to get some fresh air? lol
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

my computer user account got virus i couldn't open anything i forced reset all my settings on my computer .

that's bad news bala.... you may need to reformat your pc

Reply 424#424 rickman's post

I didn't have to since it only affected my username account, the other ones were all fine so i deleted that  and create a new XP username.   transfer my important flies to that account

well... that's a great news for you... when my pc was infected i need to reformat it and i lost my important files which are not backed up.....

and from then i decided to have a mac... all my important files and online transaction are now in my mac... my pc is for web surfing and shows vip-tv watching..... its capacity is just great for watching shows coz of best graphics card and full hd monitor

Reply 427#427 rickman's post

i was infected with window xp pro malware virus

you know bala... since the introduction of windows 91 i became a fan of windows.... got my win95, win 98 win2000 and xp till now with my vista ultimate.... windows is a great os for me personally. but then i started experiencing an attack of worms, viruses, trojan etc., etc....and my pc geek friend informed me that these originated from windows itself or its biz partners etc, etc.... its a hassle for  the users especially when your important files are on stake.... so my friend advised me to use mac if i don't want such kind of inconvenience.... and it's worthy!

Reply 429#429 rickman's post

i will be a fan of windows it just you need learn use it right like don't use any window security feature instead replace other software to take in place and everything works fine.

my firewall is zone alarm - one best free firewall
my anti-virus is Avira anti-virus
my anti-spy is SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

it's rare for me ever have a problem with windows

my anti virus is avast free edition. i am using also zone alarm and spyware doctor... yes you are right with that you just replace the windows security with third party software developer... but all of these i don't need in my mac

Reply 431#431 rickman's post

i used to use avast free edition until start asking subscription

i never experienced that... been using it for the past 3 years i guess

WAP feature for my Phone

After few months trying to get this working I finally managed to activate this feature on my mobile phone . Why do they have make technology so complicated. .

hey bala .... switch to iPhone and you will not worry with internet browsing on phones

Reply 435#435 rickman's post

I am very happy with what i got I-phones just look very complicated to use.

that's what i thought before...  but when i tried it it's cool...   user friendly actually

Reply 437#437 rickman's post

I don't really need that feature, i hardly ever use WAP stuff for my phone but it's nice to have it if i need it.   I-phone are for people who need access internet 24-7 on the go which i don't need.

I-Phones are so easy to use to be fair. Although, I'm considered the "Technical" minded one in my family and that's no mean feat as I have 4 brothers!

Reply 439#439 shinny's post

I am on pay-as you-go not contract so it's expensive to use it

Thread