Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 140#140 silver1978's post

it's very expense in london but elsewhere away from city you might get good prices

Reply 141#141 bala's post

I don't live in London, I live in northern England and trust me it's VERY expensive compared to the US. I pay 3x as much in rent as I would for a comparable home in the US. Gas and electricity- don't even get me started there
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Canada in September

Shinny,

Barb is right September is a good time.  The summers in Ontario are hot and humid, the early fall is beautiful.  Last September, we had a weekend away and the weather was awesome, we even went to the beach (just wading not swimming).
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Canada in September

I can agree with everything that the other Canadians are saying about september being an excellent time to visit canada!!  and hey i used to still go swimming in september.  shinny, if you decide to go have a great time.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Thanks all. I'm going to look into flights. Air Canada fly directly from Dublin.

Reply 145#145 shinny's post

Check out air transat - it's a charter company and it fly's directly from Dublin and is aabout 3 to 4 times cheaper.  air canada is a very expensive airline.

Air Canada can be cheap- I flew them once because they were the cheapest to get where I wanted to go, but unless really hard pressed I will never fly with them again after that experience. I flew from London to Toronto on Air Canada. The flight attendants were rude at best, the plane was late every time, the in-flight entertainment kept breaking down, and they lost my luggage on the way home. Wasn't a good experience for me
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 146#146 kwargalla's post

Thanks for that. There was €200 difference in total.

Air Transat only fly to Toronto or Montreal. Which would be best? (Same price)

Thanks guys.

Reply 148#148 shinny's post

Where do you want to end up? Just in one of those cities? Both have a lot to offer- I grew up about 1 hour south of Montreal. Depends on your interests really. At least in Toronto you don't have to worry about communication issues like there are sometimes in Montreal.
E. E. Cummings

I'm a Toronto girl so it's hard to say, bias opinion and all.   It really depends on what kind of vacation your looking for.  Shannon is correct with her communication comment and both places are excellent for night life and touristy type things.  Something that might peek your interest into going to TO: there is a large contingency of Irish pubs sprinkled through out the down town core.

Reply 150#150 kwargalla's post

Which would be better for shopping?!! Lol. I think I'm preferring the sound of Toronto though!

I love watching Seconds from Disaster which is a show about plane crashes etc. It's on one of the Irish stations at the moment and guess which Airline it's about today?............
Air Canada !! Another reason not to fly with them, lol.

Although, it was 1983 when it happened.

Anyway guys I bought a new Gas BBQ today this is the model:-

Been firing it up heres the specs

New for 2008, the Outback Spectrum range is taking the barbecue marketby storm. Lovely looking in sleek black colour ways with the mix ofwood and metal, this barbecue is great gas hooded model. 2 stainlesssteel burners, 1 piece porcelain enamelled hood, 2 porcelain coatedgrills, ceramic briquettes, warming rack, Integra spark rotaryignition, hose assembly, heat indicator, it will cook your food toperfection.A regulator is required for this Outback gas barbecue.
Outback

Its sweet

Reply 153#153 casper27's post

That is nice...however I prefer charcoal weber grill, for that real BBQ flavor. When I have a gas grill I have found it handy to get one with the side burner, and I would have something simmering...usually a big pot of corn on the cob..
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 151#151 shinny's post

Montreal is good for shopping, and if you speak any French it's a really nice city.  It's a little more like Europe than other Canadian cities, so it just depends which you're looking for.  They both have decent subway/transit systems, which are a great way to get around.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 154#154 dognxtdoor's post

I am with Dan I like charred taste of my BBQ, you know burnt on the outside and raw on the inside
Seriously I like the versatility of flavor with a charcoal/wood grill.
Not that gas is bad. I don't have either so I will be envious of yours Craig.

Reply 154#154 dognxtdoor's post

This is actually my first Gas BBQ. There is a slightly different taste although I can scorch and burn the sausages just the same. It dosn't take as much cleaning which is good news for the missus I suppose This one seems to heat evenly through out the plate but it is brand new so time will tell.

[ Last edited by casper27 at 5-13-2008 21:22 ]

Reply 157#157 casper27's post

Your suppose to clean your grill? I thought you were suppose to just burn everything off and the grill just looked that way because it was seasoned like your cast iron pans.
Your wife and I need to have a talk about if its outside and isn't blooming than it's a mans job to care of it.
"Those new fangled gas grills are just to complicated for us delicate women to understand how to clean or cook off of."

Reply 158#158 gabsimom's post

Were quite lucky here the whole back side of the Villa is paved or stoned apart from a bit around the pool so no gardening  not that anything will grow here really it all dies in the summer months. The neighbour has managed to grow some grass though even though there's a hosepipe ban he insist it's recycled water even though he hasn't got an irrigation system or anything, Im not complaining though he's letting me hook up to his Sat Dish when he upgrades next month!!!!

Reply 151#151 shinny's post

Shinny

TO has great shopping!! my boyfriend relates queen st west to sorta like grafton st. only better cause it has cafes, pub's w/ patios & live music.  than there are the malls - yorkdale, the eaton centre etc and then they is younge & bloor area (which is more posh)  
also as barb say's great public transit NOTHING like dublin bus!!!!!!!

casper
congrads on the new bbq.  we use our gas bbq all year round!  i've even cooked a turkey dinner on one.  they totally rock!!  i'm sure your's looks much better than ours at the moment - our dog has progressively  started to eat pieces if the bbq.  it not longer has knobs or 2 out of the 4 wheels it had in the beginning

Thread