Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 380#380 mikecott's post

i'm sure you got that before usually i try restore previous session if that doesn't work than i start new session-you do know wait few minutes after you click which option.

reply 380#380 mikecott's post

try to uninstall/reinstall it....

Reply 382#382 rickman's post

I've never had to go that far.  

Reply 380#380 mikecott's post
It depends on what I was doing before it crashed.  If I was in the middle of something I don't want to have to re-do, I resume previous session.  Otherwise I just start a new one.  Sometimes I have to restart my computer.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

reply 383#383 waterlilybarb's post

that is when all the options you have doesn't work at all... it's more easy for me to do that than figuring out what is wrong coz it takes a lot of my time..... i am not really a tech person...

Reply 384#384 rickman's post

you don't need to be a tech person - it either work or it don't -sometimes even if  you re-install it -it might not work.

reply 385#385 bala's post

it work best to me this way... like, when my IE was corrupted... my solution is to uninstall it and clean the registry and reinstall it again...

It will not uninstall. It is strange as it works on other accounts on the computer but not on mine. I can not even download another one!

Reply 387#387 mikecott's post

What do you mean you can't download another one ?

Here the link download for firefox

reply 388

reply 388
Yes it will not download even from that link.

It will not open

I give up! I will try again tomorrow! :'(

better to try again it mike.... or be sorry forever  try the link given by bala.... i did tried it and it's working fine.

Reply 387#387 mikecott's post

sounds to me like you have a parental block set up to stop you downloading possabliy dangerous programs check with the administrator for the pc .
The Mod Police Are Watching You

It does download but can not open it, It just is crazy

Reply 394#394 mikecott's post

Mike, what kind of operating system do you have? Is it Mac or Windows? Have you tried shutting down and restarting your computer? If you haven't an old session of Firefox probably is hanging in the background.

Windows xp. I have managed to install but cannot open it. I am the admin of the computer. I am looking for any block

That's very unusual. What I would recommend is to do a clean uninstall of firefox (so uninstall it and then remove any folders related to it that didn't remove when you uninstalled) and then reinstall it again.

It may be containing a corrupt parameter which is preventing you from opening it, so the clean uninstall should hopefully resolve that.

thanks but still trying

Reply 398#398 mikecott's post

The clean uninstall didn't work?

Reply 398#398 mikecott's post

Did you run a spyware scan or Virus scan ?

Thread