Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 1040#1040 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah we have to clean up after they leave daily but amount of people who search though our Skip is crazy we have never been so popular   . At least some people have manners to knock on the door and ask

Reply 1041#1041 bala's post

Having to clean up daily isn't fun.  I wish the work being done around here required one of those big bins so that I could get rid of some stuff without having to get my brother to bring it to the dump for me.  If I had anything people could use, I'd happily give it to them, but the stuff I need gone is all broken. lol
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1042#1042 waterlilybarb's post

i treat it as my daily exercise for the day

it does look like this less posting this month i wonder why that is

Reply 1045#1045 bala's post

I don't know about the others but I have been busy during the day and to tiered at night so I have just been watching TV Christmas films

Reply 1046#1046 codebreaker's post

i have also been busy as well i am very behind not as behind as you but still behind by almost 1 and half  week.

Howdy fellas!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello, so "Hello! ".  I've been checking in daily, but have started having even worse migraines than before (didn't think it was possible), so haven't been posting unless I've seen a need.  I'm a bit behind in some of the shows I like too, as it's hard to watch or pay attention to anything when it feels like someone lit your brain on fire.  I'm hoping I'll get some relief, or this new type of pain disappears as quickly as it showed up, because it sucks.  Aside from that, all is well here, and I'm always pleased some activity in the forum.  I miss being able to participate like I used to, but c'est la vie.  

Reply 1048#1048 waterlilybarb's post

I sometimes feel like me and jim are only ones keep this place alive apart occasionals mods pop in once in a while even the admin has become a ghost he used post regularly but hasn't posted in months.

Reply 1049#1049 bala's post

I know for a fact that I'm not the only mod who checks the forum regularly, if not daily.  I peek in several times a day.  It's a bummer that so many others who used to post regularly don't post anymore, even just about their favourite shows, but I know for myself, as much as I would like to, I really have to limit my screen time these days.  When I'm having a better day, I do try and post about shows I watch and enjoy, but I have very few of those days.   

I know some of the others who used to be forum regulars were students, so I imagine many of them got busy with life after their schooling was done.  Time really does fly.  The site is nearly 8 years old, and a few of us hat  been around since right near the beginning are still here.  That's isn't all that usual for forums.  Just in that relatively short time, TV has changed so much.  Seems strange, but now with a variety of online sites that actually produce their own series', there's even more to choose from, so people don't all watch the same shows at the same time anymore.

Reply 1050#1050 waterlilybarb's post

I understand my life has changed in 8 years but the tv show has become like a habit for me i grew up watching tv shows to relieve the boredom because i was only child it somehow took over my life not in good way but in a slightly negative way in sense it made me a shut in and i sometimes wonder what my life would look like if i didn't discover this site would i be married with children, would i be in a good job etc.

please don't think i was having a go at any of you i understand life has a habit putting challenges in people way the problem with me i tend to ignore them   .

Reply 1051#1051 bala's post

I can honestly say, I've never been bored, even as a kid.  I spent quite a lot of time on my own when I was young (still do), and also had times when there were a lot of people around.  I was a reader though, and that's how I entertained myself when there was no one to hang out with.  I still love reading, but I can't do it nearly as much as I'd like to anymore.  I enjoy television and movies, but with books, I get more invested in the characters, and in some ways it feels like I experience the things they do as I read.  Now, I have more time than most people, but can't use it in ways I'd like.  I still don't get bored, but I do occasionally get restless because my illness sometimes does make me a shut in.  There is always something that needs doing.  What I find, is that I've had to learn not to let some things bother me, because there's no point in my getting irritated by something I can't do anything about right away.  My house isn't as tidy as it used to be, which I'm not thrilled about, but it's ridiculous to allow such things to ruin my mood if I'm not well enough to take care of certain chores as they come up.  

Life is what is important, and it's something you should learn to prioritize while you're still young.  I'm really glad that when I WAS well, I used my time doing things that were important to me, including spending time with friends and family.  I never imagined I would get a chronic illness that made those simple things so challenging.  I watched TV back then, but I didn't let TV get in the way of me living my life.  It's important not to take things for granted, because none of us knows what the future holds.  You have time to broaden your interests, and maybe meet new people who you'd enjoy spending time with at LEAST as much as the characters in the shows you watch.    You might even meet someone who has a similar interest in TV.   

I feel as though I should chime in!   I'm sti around.  My flying has been crazy in 2014 so my posting was less.  I'm still watching and enjoying.   I would love more opportunities for points in 2015.   Like quizzes or something.   Idk

Anyway.  Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday!!!
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I been under the weather this week so it's not been great but at least i got new watch and new mobile

I know i am very behind in posting my comments but it becoming too difficult to watch and post as i become busy this month.

Reply 1053#1053 arksongbird80's post

I'll mention that to the other mods.  We'd like to give members ways to earn, so I'm sure we could do some quizzes or games throughout the year.

Reply 1056#1056 waterlilybarb's post

not many of us around and i stopped doing them due low participation from members.

Reply 1057#1057 bala's post

It would still be nice to offer a way for those who want to earn points, to do so.  I think we'd change certain things, such as leaving them open longer, but it's doable.  

Reply 1058#1058 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks Lily.  That would be very kewl.

How are things with you in Canada?  Are you feeling any better with the headaches?  We haven't spoken in awhile  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 1059#1059 arksongbird80's post

Thanks for asking.  The migraines are no better, unfortunately.  Things are alright though.  Not much new here.  

Thread