Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 520#520 casper27's post

The problem i have with 3D tv is that glasses you wear

Reply 520#520 casper27's post

My brother only has one (blu-ray) because it's part of his game system.  I'm not super crazy about 3D movies to begin with, so I don't think I'd want 3D TV.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 522#522 waterlilybarb's post

I agree Barb, this whole 3D thing, has gone crazy, I give it a year or two, then it will die out.  And the 3D tv, I watched 3 minutes and got a headache from the glasses.  I prefer substance of a show or movie over graphics anyway, so bluray and HD don't do much for me.  

Heck, I was only able to watch 20 minutes of Avatar as I found the story recycled and boring and the graphics (and yes I was watching it in 3D) didn't make up for it.

I think 3D tv will be the next big thing. Too many big big companies have invested a huge amount of time and money and are really driving for it.Regarding glasses this has already been resolved with no glasses needed for these new TVs and Laptops.
Good video.

[ Last edited by casper27 at 10-30-2010 14:32 ]

Reply 524#524 casper27's post

Look like we got this topic active again, i agree with everyone else it's just crazy. technology has become too far. What wrong with normal dvd player?. Why do we need 3d tv.

Reply 525#525 bala's post

Have a look at the video its cool. I bet everyone in the 70s said the same about colour tv vs black and white. Its gonna happen.

I love new technology and taking it to the next level, but I also think this will fizzle out. I don't think you can compare it to colour TV as that only enhanced the quality of the picture, in a normal way. 3D is adding an "effect" and whilst some love the novelty of seeing a new movie in 3D, I can't imagine them wanting to Watch Corrie or the like in 3D and we all know TV shows are the bread and butter of TV.

Reply 526#526 casper27's post

Yes but the difference with colour tv is that made it better for viewing that what HD does unfortunately HD channel are not available through the areal .

i am against 3D TV because it just going to make people eyes worsen in my opinion- our eyes are not designed to watch 3D TV. it will result in future problem for our children. ADD has risen amongst children in few years i think this is going make the situation a lot worse.

Why turning the clocks back is bad for health

Not putting the clocks back this weekend would be a simple step which would "vastly improve" our health and well-being, an expert said.

Sticking to British Summer Time in the winter, and putting the clocks forward in the spring would give adults around 300 additional hours of daylight a year, and 200 more for children.

This would allow more time for outdoor activities throughout the year, said Dr Mayer Hillman, a senior fellow emeritus at the Policy Studies Institute.

Lack of physical activity is a major risk factor for many chronic health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and some cancers. Surveys have also revealed a trend towards declining fitness in the UK. More than half the population is predicted to be clinically obese by 2050.

Source

What do you guys think about this?

maybe 3D TV will be another thing in the TV advancement but not all will like it. HD TV is ok with me but 3D is an eye sore to me personally

Reply 530#530 rickman's post

What will be next 4D TV?

you've got it right bala...

Reply 532#532 rickman's post

i am still waiting for this place to turn 3D

i don't. coz it gives me a hell of a headache   you know i didn't finish watching avatar in theater coz my head feels like blowing and i need to go home for my meds... but later i realized that the cause was the 3D effects of the movie :lol :lol

Reply 534#534 rickman's post

Well i highly doubt it will happen any time soon i picture myself VR room 10 years from now this forum virtually interactive

Reply 529#529 bala's post

You change your clocks this weekend?  Ours don't change until November 7th.  Here, if we don't change back, it's too dark in the morning in the winter.  Unfortunately, we wind up with the sun going down around 5:30 or 6:00pm, but that's better than the kids having to walk to school in the dark.  There are pros & cons to it, but it was originally set up so farmers would have more daylight at better hours.  Now, there are fewer farmers.  I know Nevada doesn't so DST, so they never change their clocks, and it works alright for them - though they are MUCH further south.  We have little enough daylight in the winter as it is, so having it when it's most practical makes sense to me.

Reply 536#536 waterlilybarb's post

Yes , tonight is when clock change

Yup, 2am the clocks go back. An extra hour in bed

Reply 538#538 shinny's post

So we'll be 6 hours time difference for a week. Seems like every year it gets later here.

DST

i don't experience DST here in southeast asia since 6th grade... when our head of state was experimenting to copy the US system... and i guess we don't need that since we don't have winter here... and even when i moved to japan 10 years ago i never notice that japan use DST during winter time

Thread