Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 449#449 bala's post

You've never had man flu?? It's the worst kind of flu/cold inflicted on anyone. It renders the man incapable of raising a finger around the house, cooking any meals, looking after the kids, gardening,shoppoing. everthing really...
Generally when I have it I cannot get of the couch other than to get another beer. It is advisable to not get your own beer if possible and get the other half/mum to get it for you. As this can make you symtoms last for longer.
Women are soo lucky they will never experience this affliction.  

Reply 452#452 waterlilybarb's post

I have heard there are some men in the world willing to be trained in domestic duties, but the course is 40 yrs long and not many have stood the test of time...

Remember to follow the rules..

Men have some "great" ideas after a few beers.
Fireworks rock..

Reply 463#463 gabsimom's post

Too right, far too many kids are spoilt now days. Helping out and earning any treats instills a little bit of disiplin and respect for their surroundings.
I think the next topic should be something close to my heart and head this morning.
Hangovers
Whats your favorite hangover cure?? Or if you've never had a hangover what do you think it feels like.
My personal cure although not this morning is a run followed by a full English breakfast. Mmmm

Reply 468#468 bala's post

Sometimes staying in bed aint an option. I've got quite a few jobs to do in the garden today.
Maybe a hair of the dog later when the footballs on.

Cheers guys feeling fine now. Just did some gardening chores instead of a run. Still might have the hair of the dog during the footy even though I feel fine?? Any excuse hey it is the weekend  

Reply 485#485 bala's post

Sorry to hear that ball hope you feel better soon mate.
On a brighter note I was at a conference today and speaking to one of the exhibition guys.I requested some samples for work and he got me to fill in a request.long story short the request went into a draw for a iPad and guess who won.
I'm writing this on my shiny new iPad
Just getting used to it as this is my first apple product.

Reply 490#490 bala's post

Those are soo true. Especially LOUDSIGH that says a thousand words whilst mentioning none.
A funny thing one of my friends girlfriend's said to him was
"If your legs were longer you would be taller"
this later progressed to me asking her how tall she was to which she replied
"5 foot 5 and an inch"
We ll surely that would be 5 foot 6" in any mans book. I think she meant 5 foot 5 and a little bit but bless her.

Reply 493#493 bala's post

The world is changing Bala. I definatly could not go back to a normal phone now.
Glad your feeling better mate. Im on a course for work at minute so lots of homework to do. Getting that full head feeling now. I think if I learn anymore I will forget how to tie my shoe laces or something.

Great day today finished course and can home to find internet up and ruuning again. Did not help during course though made research really hard had to do it the old fashion way with books which I forgot how long it actually took.
Had a big argument with my ISP BT and finally got them to waiver line rental for that period which is only fair.
Back up and running

Reply 501#501 bala's post

Whats your bandwidth limit? Im with Bt "Unlimited" 20meg which really has a cap of around 30gig a month fair usage policy.
I hate all these companies advertising UNLIMITED internet when there is actually a hard cap...

Reply 503#503 codebreaker's post

I may switch over to Sky package as im already a customer. Download speed for me is not a biggy as long as I can watch videos and surf the net at a reasonable speed.
Also Im sure its cheaper, I pay £25 a month just for boradband.

Reply 517#517 rickman's post

he 3d Tv's are brilliant, I sat down and tried one in PC World and it was very realistic. It was a Sony one and cost around £3700 so I think I'll wait a while well a very long while till they come down in price.
Regarding Blueray I just dont see the ploint and im a gadget guy. The only difference I seen is the extra information hyou can get on how it was filmed and stuff which dont interest me.
Going to watch the next England match in 3D thouugh at the pub which should be different.

I think 3D tv will be the next big thing. Too many big big companies have invested a huge amount of time and money and are really driving for it.Regarding glasses this has already been resolved with no glasses needed for these new TVs and Laptops.
Good video.

[ Last edited by casper27 at 10-30-2010 14:32 ]

Reply 525#525 bala's post

Have a look at the video its cool. I bet everyone in the 70s said the same about colour tv vs black and white. Its gonna happen.

Reply 541#541 waterlilybarb's post

HAHA Barb that made me spit up my drink. You do make me laugh. Glad you got sorted

Reply 544#544 bala's post

well i've done 3 out of 10 so far..and hopefully will not die anytime soon.

Reply 546#546 waterlilybarb's post

I have actually done 4 forgot about my trip to Czech Republic. Just turned up at the airport and went. Me an a friend many years ago, got pick pocketed there aswell...

1 - Climb something that scares the hell out of you
2 - Dive with sharks
3 - Kill, dress and cook your own game for dinner
4 - Head to the airport with just a rucksack full of clothes and take the first flight out.

Being a diving instructor I have dived with sharks on numerous occasions still have a lot of respect though, too many close shaves.
Used to go hunting in Cyprus alot aswell so have caught and cooked my dinner on many occasions.
I counted parachuting as climbing something as that really did scare the hell out of me first time.

Reply 549#549 bala's post

I think it looks awefull. I like the tech but just look at it..

This would have been better, imagine this driving the streets of London

Reply 551#551 bala's post

Do you go fishing Bala, its my new fad at the moment. Caught a massive flat fish yesterday. It was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big.  Seriously though it was pretty impressive.
Like the new avatar by the way..

Thread