Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 511#511 codebreaker's post

To be honest i don't have any blu-ray film.

i am still trying figure out where HD channel are on the tv

Reply 513#513 codebreaker's post

i figured as much

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-29-2010 16:12  
I've not seen a blue-ray film or a HD TV channel so i don't know how good it is and is it worth the investment
Well i don't think it would be for you since you watch most of the stuff online. Blu-ray movies are designed for those people who have a lot of disposable income. If you look amazon you value of some of Blu-ray movies or tv shows. It only good in my opinion people who own more than 100 DVD'S.

The only difference picture and sound quality is better.

Reply 518#518 rickman's post

We didn't buy it in store we bought it online

Reply 520#520 casper27's post

The problem i have with 3D tv is that glasses you wear

Reply 524#524 casper27's post

Look like we got this topic active again, i agree with everyone else it's just crazy. technology has become too far. What wrong with normal dvd player?. Why do we need 3d tv.

Reply 526#526 casper27's post

Yes but the difference with colour tv is that made it better for viewing that what HD does unfortunately HD channel are not available through the areal .

i am against 3D TV because it just going to make people eyes worsen in my opinion- our eyes are not designed to watch 3D TV. it will result in future problem for our children. ADD has risen amongst children in few years i think this is going make the situation a lot worse.

Why turning the clocks back is bad for health

Not putting the clocks back this weekend would be a simple step which would "vastly improve" our health and well-being, an expert said.

Sticking to British Summer Time in the winter, and putting the clocks forward in the spring would give adults around 300 additional hours of daylight a year, and 200 more for children.

This would allow more time for outdoor activities throughout the year, said Dr Mayer Hillman, a senior fellow emeritus at the Policy Studies Institute.

Lack of physical activity is a major risk factor for many chronic health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and some cancers. Surveys have also revealed a trend towards declining fitness in the UK. More than half the population is predicted to be clinically obese by 2050.

Source

What do you guys think about this?

Reply 530#530 rickman's post

What will be next 4D TV?

Reply 532#532 rickman's post

i am still waiting for this place to turn 3D

Reply 534#534 rickman's post

Well i highly doubt it will happen any time soon i picture myself VR room 10 years from now this forum virtually interactive

Reply 536#536 waterlilybarb's post

Yes , tonight is when clock change

Reply 547#547 casper27's post

Well your certainly a lot more adventurous than me

New hybrid London bus debuts

London Mayor Boris Johnson has unveiled an all-new London bus. It uses an efficient hybrid drivetrain that makes it the most fuel efficient bus ever to hit the capital.

Built by Wrightbus, the as-yet-nameless double-decker also sees the return of the traditional open rear platform, allowing passengers to jump on and off quickly.

It features two staircases to make embarking and disembarking quicker and the open back can be closed off if necessary.

Passenger comfort has been prioritised, too. The bus has a torque limiter in first gear to allow it to pull away smoothly - so falling over in the aisles should be a thing of the past.

It is packed with modern technology, including an aluminium spaceframe chassis similar in principle to that of the Audi R8 supercar.

The diesel-electric hybrid drivetrain uses a battery-powered motor at the rear to boost power. It also improves economy by making less work for the diesel engine. Noise will be lower than ever.

The battery is charged by a generator linked to the 4.5-litre diesel engine. Hybrid buses are already on the streets of London, but Wrightbus claims that this is the most efficient by some way.

Source

Reply 550#550 casper27's post

yeah it does look awful but it very similar new buses i seen few years back.

ps nice tiger bus

Reply 552#552 casper27's post

no i don't -don't have patient to

Well it caught my eye on the internet

Am i missing something ?

Didn't they break up last year ?

Just to cheer guys up

Reply 557#557 casper27's post

I hardly ever get a chance to watch the news but student protest at Westminster really seem gone out of hand but i don't blame them for protest higher tuition fees- it really going put people off going uni.

Thread