Thread
Printable Version

Smallville Season 7-10 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 135#135 dannixx's post

Quote:
I thought the Kent farm was a major thing for Superman so I'm surpirsed Clark was willing to see it.
In the comics it makes sense, because in most of them Jonathan is still alive.  It kind of makes sense that he might want to sell it, it's not like they make a lot of money.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Okay really savay comic book people.  Riddle me this:   I thought the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold were part of the Justice League or Batman maybe?  Were they even in the same comic?
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 137#137 arksongbird80's post

Well i don't know but the episode really showed why Booster gold wasn't a great superhero characer because he knew when accident were going happens didn't prevent them and blue beetle was show him he never be the blur.

Reply 138#138 bala's post

It was a good episode.  I really liked how he went into the phone booth!!  Yay.  The glasses and the clumsyness...he's coming along.  

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 4-22-2011 19:38  
Okay really savay comic book people.  Riddle me this:   I thought the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold were part of the Justice League or Batman maybe?  Were they even in the same comic?
They both have been in both series and Booseter teamed up with the second Blue beetle (Ted Kord, yes the owner of the company in the episode)  In the comics he was the 2nd Blue Beetle and teamed with Booster Gold for the Justice League.  And then years later he teamed up with the 3rd Blue Beetle, Jaime Reyes, the teenager here, to help Batman.

Have to remember that Smallville plays fast and loose with it's heroes, basing them off the comics but straying sometime far afield.  

Like Clark getting into Bumbling Clark and in typical Smallville fashion, within days everyone will forget the strong, demanding, high school football star Clark and only remember him as the clumsy Clark.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 140#140 sanggye's post

which is kinda a shame.  Seems like they are tying up losing ends in true TV fashion quick and painful.   After 10 years, clark shouldn't turn into a bumbling fool in one episode, they had time to make it gradual.   It's almost like it was a last min decision.

Reply 141#141 arksongbird80's post

Yea,  It should have started after running into his future self, or at least soon after

Dominion

Didn't really care for this episode too much, it didn't really carry the plot forward, except showing that so far Oliver hasn't succumbed to Darkseid yet.

Reply 143#143 sanggye's post

Hence why i didn't waste a comment but next one look good it suppose tie up most story-lines before series finale the week after.

Prophecy

I am gob-smacked at the Lois ending i never saw that coming a mile away

Reply 145#145 bala's post

That was shocking, also a lot of mention and somewhat seen of various villians in this episode.  Well 1 more week and 2 episodes and it will all be over.

Reply 146#146 sanggye's post

I honestly don't know if i am going to watch it given these last two episodes

Reply 147#147 bala's post

Honestly, I will be glad it is over, have pretty much only watched it to see how it will end.  I am so tired of whiny, I am the only one who is right, Clark Kent

Reply 148#148 sanggye's post

you telling me you spend 10 years watching this to see how it ends

Reply 149#149 bala's post

Well not 10 years, started watching Smallville when it was airing about season 5 or 6, and felt that they should be ending around then.  it was about 8 for sure that I really wanted it to end.

Reply 150#150 sanggye's post

I know what you mean it should ended ages ago as soon clark moved metropolis they should ended but what a pay day for Tom 10 years job security

Reply 145#145 bala's post

No I didn't see that one coming either, but I can understand where she's coming from.  I'm guessing we'll spend the first hour next week with him miserable and the second getting lois back and marrying her.  Let's not forget Oliver and his predicament.  Convienent he had 2 bows to hit the target with.  What if someone went down there without??     That was a bit out there.

The villians were nice, but unecessary.  At this point it should be all about his destiny and coming into his Superman role.  No more sidetracking!!  OHhhh and he nees to fly!!!

Reply 152#152 arksongbird80's post

arksongbird - all of your points are extremely valuable and true, it was nice that Ollie carries 2 collapsible bows

so in two hours, we have to see CK don the suit, fly, make-up with Lois, defeat darkseid, oh yea and Lex is coming back, plus the Ollie storyline, has he gonna completely darkside?  Anything else?

Reply 153#153 sanggye's post

Would be nice to see Martha, Lana and pete again   but that's probably asking too much

Reply 154#154 bala's post

I think I read that Martha will be there, along with Johnathon (3 appearances in 1 season)  Lana is a no, and I think they had forgotten completely about Pete, Chloe will be in it

Thread