57 123
Thread
Printable Version

The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, I finally got to the end of season 1 and wow what a way to end. I really liked the fact that it ended the way it begun. The fact that Brenda won the team around to the point were they were the reason for her not losing her job or being investigated by internal affairs was brilliant.

I even shed a little tear....roll on season 2.

The Closer - Season 2 discussion (possible spoilers)

Please feel free to discuss any episodes of Season 2 here. Be sure to make a reference to which episode you are talking about.

I know I intend to !!

Blue Blood 2x1

This was a great first episode of Season 2. I was so glad that Brenda kicked Pope to the curb when he asked her out for dinner and I'm so pleased that her and Fritz are moving in together. They make a good match !!

2x10 "The Other Woman"

This was an enlightening episode. I think it's always been obvious that Pope still have feelings for Brenda, but this was the first time that Brenda had some realisation of that too. It will be an interesting next few episodes......

2x12 "No Good Dead"

Nobody saw that coming, lol. Pope's wife coming into the office and letting the cat out of the bag, so to speak. Brenda was so afraid of this getting out, because she thought she'd lose the respect of her team. In the end, she didn't. It didn't really matter.

2x13 "Overkill"
This was quite a dramatic episode. I loved to see the softer side of Brenda. She was so distraught when Kitty went missing and so relieved when she came back. I felt sorry for Prevenza. He was soft with the old mob guy and it nearly ended up costing him his life. Just as well Sanchez didn't let his guard down at all.

Reply 2#2 munch's post

So I'm finally on Season 3.

3x01

I agree, that was a bit of a shocker when we thought she might lose someone from her team. I think Gabriel's plan was really good. Not sure I agree with you Munch about shame on Brenda for thinking of letting Gabriel go. The commander said to her that she already had 3 Lieutenants in her department and what chance does Gabriel have there of making the Lieutenant rank. She said it to Gabriel in a way that she wanted him to decide if it was a better move for him. I think she was really caught in a hard spot. She didn't want to flat out not let him go, because then he might never get the chance at a promotion.

Is it just me or is Fritz getting better and better looking each episode? I think he looks great and he's a great guy. Brenda is slowly starting to trust him.....

Reply 14#14 munch's post

Episode 3x9 - Blindsided

Me too. I loved this episode. I agree, the hug with Gabriel was really nice and showed Brenda's more emotional side, but that might be to do with "early on-set menopause"

I thought the comedic value in this episode was great. The two SWAT guys protecting Brenda were so cute !!

And what about Pope's reaction when he thought Brenda was hurt? The man clearly has strong feelings for our Brenda.

Reply 21#21 munch's post

Yes, it's certainly a dilemma alright. I guess you do need to tell the person eventually, but too early in the relationship and it will cause uncertainty and perhaps be the death of it. So, yeh, I think you do need to hold back.

I'm not sure she should have figured it out. Some people don't drink because they don't like it, not because they are an alcoholic. My Mam doesn't drink. She hates the taste of it. She tried it when she was about 16/17 and decided it wasn't for her. Also, remember that Fritz told her he was "allergic" to drink, which is plausible.

I thought this was a great episode. It really demonstrated how well the team work together and how much the admire and respect each other. We also learned that Flynn has been in AA for 10 years, that was new.

Didn't the narrator say the Season Finale at the start of episode 13, but there are two more? What's going on there?!!

3x14 & 3x15 Next of Kin Part 1 & 2

These were sad episodes. It was one time that Brenda's tactics didn't really pay off. I felt sorry for her when she was kneeling over Wesley's body, but I think it was fairly obvious that he was going to die.

Poor Grady, at least he thought his brother died being a hero, so that's good and that Brenda's folks were looking out for him.

I loved the scenes with Brenda and her parents, Wesley made her realise how lucky she was to have them. Plus the comedy act with Provenza and Flynn on the RV.

The Closer - Season 4 discussion (possible spoilers)

Season 4 is finally here and we can begin to discuss it. Please post your comments on this thread and feel free to tell us what you think about each episode !

Great storylines, great acting, great characters ah.....am so happy The Closer is back !!

Great first episode. I agree Bala, it was obvious he was the arsonist !! I

I hope they keep bringing Bill Croelick back into it. I think the scenes between him and Brenda are pure magic. He really gets under her skin and she hates that he can. You can be sure she will catch him out in the end, but I want that to be later rather than sooner. I didn't realise the actor who plays him (Jason O'Mara) is actually Irish. I never even suspected it and I've seen him in Men in Trees before. Great American voice !

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I'm not even up to date yet ! I haven't seen the last two shows, much to my dismay. I don't seem to get 40 minutes (now 80) to sit and watch them + I want to do a quiz. Will hopefully catch up this weekend.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I know you would, but I really wanna do it myself. I love setting quizzes,

Episode 3

Great episode, you really wanted her to get him & boy did she get him good. I loved the line at the end about the boys in jail cherry picking him, 'twas great !!

Episode 4
Provenza just cracks me up. Him & Buzz in the electronics room was so funny; but what made it hilarious, was Provenza eating the popcorn. Magical !!

Brenda & Fritz. To be honest, I think that Brenda thought he'd let her away with it and that she was totally shocked by his reaction. Hopefully this will make her realise what she could nearly lose, if she doesn't stop taking him for granted.

Gabriel & Daniels. I never thought she was pregnant. I thought that they'd broken up & that he was sour over it & that seems to be the case. He seems very hurt by the split (go back to previous episodes too) and hence why he tried to get her transferred. It was out of character for him, but men do silly things when their pride takes a knock. Hopefully they can work it out.

Episode 5 - Dial M for Provenza

Loved this episode, probably because I love Provenza !! I think the relationship between Brenda & Provenza is unique.

The scene with the guy who stole the car, Provenza & Flynn was hilarious, the way he joined in on their celebration! So funny.

How Provenza got Angie in the end was great and the conversation between him & Chief Pope was good.

Episode 6 - Problem Child

This was a very sad episode, I thought. As Brenda said, what makes a child bad; nature or nurture?

I thought it strange that Fritz & Brenda have never had the "Children" discussion. I suppose they didn't really have it this time either. Fritz seems to have given into Brenda again, but you can see by the look on his face that he was disappointed.

Reply 22#22 kwargalla's post

Yeh, I saw that Kim when I was looking up what it was about. He's directed a few before. Looking forward to seeing it though!

Reply 8#8 spratt89's post

Lol, yeh I found that hilarious too. Eventually she does

The way I look at her approach is that she can be very heavy handed but she often has to get a confession because of circumstantial evidence. Mostly these are bad guys, so I've no sympathy for them

Reply 10#10 spratt89's post

I did the same Spratt. It was great being able to watch them all one after the other. Then I caught up during Season 3 and it was hard having to wait for new episodes !!

Pace yourself, after tomorrow's new episode, you'll have until January 09 !!

57 123
Thread