Thread
Printable Version

The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 24#24 bala's post

I don't watch the show (I hate the fake accent of the lead actress), but,  I was intrigured when I saw the previews for this episode, more or less, with the Cop's actions and his emotions....can't remember his name, but I liked the actor and he did a great job.....

Reply 25#25 Milks26's post

fake accent don't bother me

Reply 26#26 bala's post

Well we all have an accent inherited from our birthplace, or where we grew up.

But, for someone who has a exotic accent, I hate when someone fakes an accent. Its just not Kara...but for any show...

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 8-26-2008 16:01 ]

great and moving episode!! we don't get enough of Sanchez' background story so this episode was a great opportunity to find out a little more about him.  

Raymond Cruz played the stages of grief  amazingly - especially at the hospital and at the very end!!  the part with the journalist was a bit out of place or something, maybe they edited a bit out or something, cause it seemed a bit weird to me (can't figure out whats bugging me about it)  The kid was a pysco!!  over the last 2 episodes theres no wonder why brenda is not wanting kids!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 28#28 kwargalla's post

maybe there's a theme

The Closer 4x08

Well with amount new show last night i didn't get time watch the new episode so i watching it now, got hand it to fritzy making a fake call so he can't spend time with brenda parent's .provenza and brenda father was funny . Priory homicide seem take certain cases?.  What do you think?

Reply 30#30 bala's post

of course they only take certain cases - it's called priority cause they take the big cases that the media and higher ups in the dept. deem news worthy . but i think what's not being said is that the media (which makes the most of those cases a priority) is going to start complaining until brenda's job/ the whole unit is scraped because of the perceived special treatment.   

as for fritz - love the play to get out of parents sitting - fake phone call stoke of brilliance! and the way he put down is foot regarding their marriage - made me laugh!!    

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 31#31 kwargalla's post

The look on her face at the end-priceless

i know but what is considered a  priority ?

The Closer' spinoff in works

The biggest drama on cable is eyeing a spinoff.

The forces behind TNT's "The Closer," including creator/executive producer James Duff, are working on a spinoff from the hit cop drama starring Kyra Sedgwick.

TNT confirmed that it has handed out a script order for the spinoff but declined comment on other details.

"Closer" stars Sedgwick as a deputy police chief who has a love-hate relationship with junk food. It's unclear whether the untitled spinoff -- referred to in industry circles as "The Fixer" -- would focus on an existing "Closer" character or an altogether new one.

Like "Closer," the spinoff hails from Warner Bros. Television and the Shephard/Robin Co.

Duff is co-writing the story with "Closer" co-executive producer Adam Belanoff and Michael Berchem. Duff and Belanoff will co-write the script and also executive produce with Michael M. Robin and Greer Shephard.

"Closer" has become a ratings powerhouse for TNT, setting several cable ratings records, starting with its debut, which in 2005 became the most-watched series premiere on ad-supported cable. The record has since been broken, but "Closer" still ranks No. 3 on that list.

Sedgwick has won a Golden Globe for her role and is up for an Emmy -- her third nomination -- this month.

TNT is the latest network to explore a spinoff from its top series. CBS spun twice its hit crime drama "CSI." ABC's spinoff from "Grey's Anatomy," "Private Practice," is returning for a second season, while "The Cleveland Show," Fox's spinoff from "Family Guy," launches in midseason. Additionally, NBC is working on a spinoff from "The Office," while Fox and the CW are eyeing potential offshoots from "House" and "Gossip Girl," respectively.

Reply 33#33 spratt89's post

Why would they want ruin it

i have no idea

The Closer 4x09

Wow what another great episode, brenda really is a pro when it comes to get confession change cop change to suspect was really a great move but a better move was to change her team priority to major crimes and have more reaching definition of the crimes.

i can't wait to see what they come up with as it has given the writer more scope which was a smart move since they running priority crimes now will have wider definition of crimes. i think this is a good move but what happens with the spin-off , it's going to be difficult to see how this show will cope or will this be the last season?

i agree what a fantastic episode

just stared to watch the first episode, so far so good

great 1st episode, now watching second episode, death in shower

she is becoming kind of bad, getting the Russian killed and then the sniper one, but her voice is really annoying to me

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Do you think the end justifies the means?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Reply 38#38 munch's post

i don't know

when does she learn her way around, its funny how messy she is

I love The Closer, however; it does make one think about ethics and the fine line between right and wrong.  This show makes the line wiggly and very thin, almost microscopic in my opinion.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Thread