Thread
Printable Version

The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 3

Well this was brillant episode taking on son of police Sargent and brenda did what she needed to get boy to confess for Rape. she really is good pretending to be a lawyer was brillant move arresting the police Sargent to get the confession. Taylor asking brenda help was interesting-i think he has come to respect her

Episode 4

Well this was interesting episode, unique murder it's not often you capture a murder on tape.

Am i only watching this show?

I am still not done with the third season- so it will be a while before I catch up with you all.......

Reply 7#7 Teachergirl's post

Ok, so me and shinny are only two member that up-to-date?

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I'm not even up to date yet ! I haven't seen the last two shows, much to my dismay. I don't seem to get 40 minutes (now 80) to sit and watch them + I want to do a quiz. Will hopefully catch up this weekend.

Reply 9#9 shinny's post

if you ask me i would done one for you?

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I know you would, but I really wanna do it myself. I love setting quizzes,

Reply 11#11 shinny's post

it's fine I'm still waiting for casper 27 to give ok for eureka

i have so many quizzes planned just waiting time

Bala I'm up to date on my closer intake as well - just didn't have time to sit and write something.  
Brilliant season so far!! I'll just start at episode 4 though - looks like rocky roads for brenda & fritz.  about half way through their deal I was yelling at the computer trying to stop what happened in the end.  i felt so sorry for fritz he walked right into the trap.  i'm worried where this will take them!!?? as a couple.  
also speaking of couples what's with Daniels & Gabriel - i laughed so hard at the interrogation room scene  but was really upset by gabriel going be hind daniels back with the chief.  it really showed poor character by him which was slightly out of character for him (hopefully that made sense to someone other than me)
can't wait to see what's up next!!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 13#13 kwargalla's post

Wow i wasn't going to spoil all that but let deal with it.

brenda & fritz.-Fritz was right about brenda she cares about closing the case more than him.

Daniels & Gabriel- man i thought it was something different like Daniels pregnant but they just broke up-brenda handle that situation well.

Reply 14#14 bala's post

spoiler warning is in place plus we are on episode 4 - how long is one to hold their tongue but also discuss?

i agree with the preggers guess - that's where my mind had gone as well.  i think they ended the relationship to early we never really got to experience them as a couple.  but maybe that was their purpose to let us know co-workers shouldn't date.

Reply 15#15 kwargalla's post

your right i don't know Fritz is going forgive brenda-she did something that was beyond her, i respect her get the truth but she was selfish-i mean they could arrested that drug lord but all she cared about was protecting him.

sometime i question how much brenda love him-i mean he a good guy and he has his problems like alcholism but he's dealing with it

Episode 3

Great episode, you really wanted her to get him & boy did she get him good. I loved the line at the end about the boys in jail cherry picking him, 'twas great !!

Episode 4
Provenza just cracks me up. Him & Buzz in the electronics room was so funny; but what made it hilarious, was Provenza eating the popcorn. Magical !!

Brenda & Fritz. To be honest, I think that Brenda thought he'd let her away with it and that she was totally shocked by his reaction. Hopefully this will make her realise what she could nearly lose, if she doesn't stop taking him for granted.

Gabriel & Daniels. I never thought she was pregnant. I thought that they'd broken up & that he was sour over it & that seems to be the case. He seems very hurt by the split (go back to previous episodes too) and hence why he tried to get her transferred. It was out of character for him, but men do silly things when their pride takes a knock. Hopefully they can work it out.

Reply 17#17 shinny's post

you caught up i hadn't thought about brenda taking Fritz for granted-i have think about how in past he allowed her walk all over him but i am glad he has stopped, the next episode is going to be interesting.

Episode 5 - Dial M for Provenza

Loved this episode, probably because I love Provenza !! I think the relationship between Brenda & Provenza is unique.

The scene with the guy who stole the car, Provenza & Flynn was hilarious, the way he joined in on their celebration! So funny.

How Provenza got Angie in the end was great and the conversation between him & Chief Pope was good.

Episode 6 - Problem Child

This was a very sad episode, I thought. As Brenda said, what makes a child bad; nature or nurture?

I thought it strange that Fritz & Brenda have never had the "Children" discussion. I suppose they didn't really have it this time either. Fritz seems to have given into Brenda again, but you can see by the look on his face that he was disappointed.

Reply 20#20 shinny's post

Well i would say sad but it's difficult when you have child who is disturbed like that but like father said he's not my son and that something you need to think about it.

tonight's episode "Sudden Death" of The Closer was directed by Kevin Bacon.  cool eh!

[ Last edited by kwargalla at 8-25-2008 18:36 ]

Reply 22#22 kwargalla's post

Yeh, I saw that Kim when I was looking up what it was about. He's directed a few before. Looking forward to seeing it though!

The Closer 4x07

Well this was a personal episode that affect one of team member , i love how there found suspect in station-how stupid must you be when brother get arrested come with your mother to station and you shot the guy

Thread