Thread
Printable Version

The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This was a brilliant episode. The comedy value was pretty high in this one. I love how Chief Pope got stung by that guy and how quickly he went from being one of the lads back to chief!!

Reply 46#46 shinny's post

I just know why this is one of my favourite shows!! It is funny without getting ridiculous or losing the storyline, the cases and the way Brenda gets them to confess are mostly rather original - and this last episode was simply great - Fritzi sitting in that chair in the office and enjoying the mad behaviour of the wannabe-detective with this grin in his face- hilarious!!
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your The Closer comments 7-16-2009 00:47

The Closer 5x07

Wow another great episode it nice to see brenda and other  women working together
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your The Closer contribution :-) 7-21-2009 14:22

Reply 48#48 bala's post

It was great the way Brenda manipulated a bad situation into a good result but i can see Sharon Raydor and Brenda butting head for a while longer
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your The Closer contribution :-) 7-21-2009 14:23

Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Yes but both were great characters to have she needs someone like her to keep her on her toes

Wonderful episode, not only that this Cpt Raydor gets me trembling of anger with her annoying soft voice and grin, but also very emotional and moving - you could really feel the tension and pressure Brenda and the team had to suffer and it got me when she couldn't keep a tear back at the end...
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 Tks for your The Closer contribution :-) 7-21-2009 14:23

I loved this episode because if felt like it was back to the basics of what they all do; protecting people and putting their lives at risk. Provenza's statement at the end when Brenda said "It's just the six of us again" to which he replied "for now" was very powerful. It could have been any of them.

Reply 52#52 shinny's post

i was slightly confused by that comment i misinterpreted that as he thinking of leaving the squad ?

This was a great ep. I love the battle between the Captain and Chief. It is a great angle for the show also to have IA or a IA like group competing against Major Crimes.

It is also great to see how fast the caught the guys.

The Closer 5x08 Elysian Field

I am not surprised that they didn't want to listen to his confession after being dragged around the dessert all night by the retired detective

Brenda's nightmare at the beginning  made me all nervous during the whole episode - I wonder what might develop from that... creepy thought

Reply 56#56 tycoonworld's post

The point was to showing what would happen if become you become obsessed with suspect over number of years

Reply 57#57 bala's post

Yet there could come more - who knows....

Just got a chance to watch the show. Yeh, Bala is bang on. It was to set the scene of a cop becoming so obsessed with a case that it takes over their life. But, more could become of it later and I suspect it's not the last we'll see of Brenda's "obsession" !!

Tomorrow is The Closer day... which means if all goes as usual we will be able to watch next episode on Tuesday-can't wait!!!  

Identity Theft

ok brenda really has no limit using her niece to get boy to talked and she suppose looking after her

She didn't just use her niece, she also taught her an important lesson- I think we might see more interesting adventures...

Reply 62#62 tycoonworld's post

Yes there more trouble ahead with the niece -did you know that that's her own daughter

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 8-4-2009 06:50  
Yes there more trouble ahead with the niece -did you know that that's her own daughter
Is she really? Lovely girl

Reply 64#64 tycoonworld's post

Quote:
TNT's The Closer has found another fun way to keep it in the family, by guest-casting Kyra Sedgwick's 17-year-old daughter. Get the scoop on who Sosie Bacon will be playing and her character's connection to Brenda,
Source

Thread