Thread
Printable Version

The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, I finally got to the end of season 1 and wow what a way to end. I really liked the fact that it ended the way it begun. The fact that Brenda won the team around to the point were they were the reason for her not losing her job or being investigated by internal affairs was brilliant.

I even shed a little tear....roll on season 2.

The Closer - Season 2 discussion (possible spoilers)

Please feel free to discuss any episodes of Season 2 here. Be sure to make a reference to which episode you are talking about.

I know I intend to !!

Blue Blood 2x1

This was a great first episode of Season 2. I was so glad that Brenda kicked Pope to the curb when he asked her out for dinner and I'm so pleased that her and Fritz are moving in together. They make a good match !!

I finished the season.  I watched Overkill and the next night the 2 part Serving the King.  Awesome run of shows.  When I think back to the beginning and how much her staff disliked her and now she has their respect.  Wow.  I hope more of her past is explained in the future.  I find that there is some confusing in Brenda's beliefs.  She does not agree with the way the CIA deals out justice and yet in the episode Good Housekeeping she manoeuvered the perpetrator into the hands of the mexican justice system, a contradictory belief?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Reply 3#3 munch's post

It's not that simple she has own set of ethics and on occasion she makes her decision for thegreater good even if it's against her morals like what happened in Mexican .

The Closer - Season 3 discussion (possible spoilers)

Please feel free to discuss any episodes of Season 3 here. Be sure to make a reference to which episode you are talking about.  (Thanks Shinny)

Episode 3x1 Homewrecker

As per usual, I really enjoyed this episode.

Excellent idea of piling up the costs in an effort to get Pope to change his mind about cutting a person from the team.  Shame it did not work.  

Shame on Brenda for letting Gabriel off to transfer so she would not have to take a decision.  Part of her job is administration and she truly sucks at that.  

Brenda also needs to commit in her private life, probably her upbringing.  Fritz sure is smart.  He knows how to win an argument.  

I'd move for Fritz.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

So what you are saying is that her greater good is better than the greater good of the CIA?

Episode 3x2 Grave Doubts

The LA Riots are always a touchy subject to bring up in a tv show.   Brenda did not let it stop her.   I hope she can repair her relationship with Gabriel.  

I can't wait to meet Brenda's father.  I don't think she deserves Fritz.  She always seems to be apologizing to him.

Episode 3x3 Saving Face

Man I am so addicted.  

I really like this episode.  Reminds me of the keystone cops.  Det. Lt. Provenza and Det. Andy Flynn are at it again.  Showing poor judgement... again

Episode 3x4 Ruby

I really hate shows about children.    It was nice that Provenza was once again comic relief.  I did not care much for Brenda in this episode.

Poor munch... I would post replies if I had actually seen the episodes... This summer though I'll make sure to watch the new episodes (as I hope to be doing quizzes on the new episodes)... You're almost done with the current episodes...a lot of time has gone by since the Amazing Race II...

Episode 3x5 The Round File

I have seen this storyline on another series.  Can't quite remember which one.  Anyone else have an idea?

Reply 6#6 redsoxpatriot30's post

Yep ... sometimes 2 a night.  I have been ignoring Grey's Anatomy (although I am almost finished it as well).  I may go back and watch The Closer from the beginning again.

Reply 6#6 redsoxpatriot30's post

i've seen the episodes but can't remember what happens since i watched them when they air?  

Episode 3x6 Dumb Luck

My favorite part of this episode was Provenza.  He does a great imitation of Brenda.  

I loved the end when Brenda gave the doctor a magazine and told him to wait.  I would love to be able to go to the doctor and after waiting 45 minutes charge the doctor for my time.

Episode 3x7 - Four to Eight

My favorite scene - Brenda questioning the rival gangs and managed to get them talking

Reply 11#11 munch's post

she's very good at making gang chats i love how she manages get 2 rival gang in the same car and make them targets

Provenza was once again comic relief.- i'm glad he was not made to retire when Brenda unit had forced with cut backs.

I can't wait to meet Brenda's father.- you might recognise him as coach of one tree hill Ravens.

Episode 3x8 - Manhunt

Wow that was the most suspenseful episode so far.  A real nail biter at the end.  I was not surprised by the diagnosis of menopause, it will be interesting to see if the cause is some other health issue.  It is nice to see her team trying to be understanding as they can tell there is something wrong.8

[ Last edited by munch at 4-26-2008 22:22 ]

Episode 3x9 - Blindsided

The tone of the episodes have changed slightly.  I think this one is my favorite so far.  I love Provenza.  And I really like Brenda's dad

I think Gabriel was surprised by Brenda's hug and sentiment but I thought it was so her and in the elevator when she called Gabriel her friend - super.

[ Last edited by munch at 4-26-2008 22:22 ]

Thread