Thread
Printable Version

FARSCAPE: About & Episode Guides

FARSCAPE: About & Episode Guides

AFarscape Aired From March 19, 1999 – March 21, 2003 On Nine Network

My name is John Crichton, an astronaut. A radiation wave hit and I got shot through a wormhole. Now I'm lost in some distant part of the universe on a ship, a living ship, full of strange alien life forms. Help me. Listen, please. Is anybody out there who can hear me? I'm being hunted... by an insane military commander. I'm doing everything I can. I'm just looking for a way home.

the story:
Astronaut John Crichton, on an experimental space mission, attempting to use the Earth's atmosphere to propel his ship, Farscape 1, at great speeds across the solar system, is accidentally sucked into a wormhole to a distant part of the galaxy and into the midst of an intergalactic conflict.  He is rescued by a group of escaping prisoners and taken aboard their ship, a living ship, called Moya.  Trapped among alien creatures wielding deadly technology and hunted by a merciless military race ironically called Peacekeepers, Crichton is on an epic odyssey more spectacular than anything he has ever imagined.  As the years go by, Crichton makes some great friends but also some enemies powerful and dangerous enemies.

the main cast:
Ben BrowderJohn Crichton
Claudia BlackOfficer Aeryn Sun
Anthony SimcoeKa D'Argo
Lani John TupuVoice of Pilot
Jonathan HardyDominar Rygel XVI
Gigi Edgley Chiana
Wayne PygramScorpius
Virginia HeyPau Zotoh Zhaan

You probably didn't know: Virginia Hey was originally required to shave her head for the full-body makeup needed for Zhaan. In later episodes, the makeup was modified to include a skullcap, allowing her to grow her hair back. Besides her problems with contact lenses, the make-up itself also negatively impacted her health and was a factor in her decision to leave the series. Also, the voice of Pilot is provided by Lani John Tupu who appeared regularly as Captain Crais.

Watch It Here

How to become a VIP Member.

Thread