35 12
Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #1 gabsimom's post

I just finished watching it.  I don't like that Weir is part replicator, but that might be the trick to how they'll get some ZPM's from the replicators.  

I noticed Torri Higginson isn't in the main credits anymore.  I wonder if that means she'll be gone soon.  If it was her decision to leave, then I say OK, but if they are getting rid of her to bring in Amanda Tapping (who I love) I'll be bummed.  I REALLY don't like it when they dispose of characters I like.  I'm still not happy about Carson's demise.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #3 gabsimom's post

Maybe it will be like after he died and was on the platform talking to McKay.  It wasn't real, but at least we got to see him and have a proper good-bye.

Reply #8 gabsimom's post

Just got to watch the most recent episode.  I'm loving this season already.  It will be interesting to see who or what they come across this season.  I REALLY don't want it to be the Ori either.  Maybe it will be some of Michael's super-wraith...but I hope not...they creep me out.

Reply #11 waterlilybarb's post

Just finished watching the 3rd episode of this season.  Things are falling in place.  Very nice.

Reply #13 gabsimom's post

How did it feel like a rerun?  I agree, it was short on substance, but I didn't immediately guess what they were.  Samis looking good, and it was nice to see Teal'c.  Rodney never fails to make me laugh, which is always a good thing.

I think they probably spent so much on the first 2 episodes that they had to dial it back a bit on this one.  I like the stories about people, without all special FX, I just wish this one had given us a little more back story on Ronan.

Reply #17 gabsimom's post

I liked it.  I watched it yesterday, and agree - Sheppard does a good evil version of himself.

I found the dreams interesting too, since it gave us a little insight into what the fears are of some of our character.
Rodney was hysterical again.  And when he was in Sheppard's dream...that comment, "I thought there'd be more hot chicks," or something to that effect, along with Sheppard's response of, "I know", had me laughing out loud.

I like how they're not overloading us with Carter right away, and how whatever they experience, it seems she has a story of something similar happening before.  It's a nice way to include SG-1 storylines without them taking over.  On that note, this take on crystal entities was interesting and different from what had before.  They're keeping the stories fresh...I definitely like that.

One last thing, with Carter being military, does anyone else miss the splash of colour Weir's red shirts brought to the show?  I hope someone else starts wearing something brighter than khaki.  It's visually rather dull.

Reply #19 gabsimom's post

My sentiments exactly!

Just watched episode 5 - Travelers

Great episode.  For those who were worrying Amanda Tapping would take over the show, this episode shows there no fear of that.  

It's a Sheppard-centric episode, with only Rodney, Teyla, Ronon & Lorne appearing, apart from the guests.  It's quite possible we'll see these folks, known to us simply as Travelers, again...which would prove interesting.  Of course Sheppard, our resident "Captain Kirk", meets another "hot" alien, while Rodney complains that he only ever gets captured by wraith.

That's all I've got for now...I'm REALLY tired and in a bit of a .

Reply #2 gabsimom's post

I wouldn't have thought pregnant, though it did cross my mind.  I would have guessed something in her brain, since the doc had said she had concussion.  What do I know?

I'll go check out the discussion thread.

Reply #28 gabsimom's post

I, too, was glad to learn a bit more about Dr. Keller in this episode.  She's definitely going to have to toughen up in order to survive...and she's well on her way.  Teyla was amazing!  Her skills as a warrior just get better.  It's good to see a female character that is so strong while maintaining femininity.

I wonder what race that guy is really from?  If his disappearance is indeed due to his high tolerance for pain then his race will be a new force to reckoned with.  Hopefully they are the ones that have captured the Athosians.  Teyla seems now ready to take on the galaxy in a quest to find her people.  If she is indeed pregnant she'll be even more determined to find them, as I'm certain the father must be the fellow with which she has recently "kindled more than friendship".  

I can't wait for the next episode!

Reply 41#41 mamaeyeore's post

I had actually forgotten that little fact.  Thanks for reminding me.  I love trivia like that.  As for next week's being the last episode, they always break their season in half.  That will just be the fall finale.  Hopefully, the writer's strike will get resolved over the holidays and we'll have our shows back in the spring.

I was happy to see Rodney finally understand the bond, and his willingness to sacrifice himself for his sister.  That was sweet.  As for John's feelings, they were definitely ambiguous, to say the least.  At least Wallace realized his responsibility in the whole situation and, in the end, did the right thing.  It probably wasn't that tough a choice, seeing as how he had just lost his daughter.  He most likely felt he didn't have much left to live for.

What about the fact that more non-government people are aware of the Stargate program?  It certainly opened up the possibility for more trouble to come from civilians.  And, bringing the Wraith to Earth, though necessary, doesn't seem like a really good idea to me.  He wants to get back in with the rest of the Wraith.  Even if he garnered just a bit more info on Earth, it's location and/or the vast feeding ground it contains, wouldn't that give him a huge bargaining chip to be brought back into the fold?  It will definitely be interesting.

p.s. mamaeyeore, when I said it was nice to see Teal'c, it was the scene at the SGC when Carter was leaving.

That was an unexpected ending.  

As for Rodney creating a Beckett replicator, from the promos, it sure looks like that's a definite possibility.

Do you think Teyla should be grounded from offworld missions because she's pregnant?  She seemed pretty PO'd about it, especially since she still wants to find her people.

I have to agree, it was definitely one of the best episodes I've seen in ages.  Very cool how Teyla could communicate with her unborn baby, and that she found out it was a boy by this.  I figured it was because she was pregnant that she could use the Wraith technology more easily, but I was surprised that the baby itself actually could assist her.  And about the ZPMs - I KNOW!  They need to just get one already.  That is getting annoying.

SG Atlantis - **Spoilers** S04E13

"Quarantine" - I loved this episode.  It gave us a chance to get to know some of our characters a bit better, and it gave them a chance to get to know one another better.  I have acrophobia so I was about to throw up when it showed Sheppard scaling the tower, and then when Teyla stepped out on the ledge to see what was going on I almost freaked.  I HATE heights.  

How about the look of a budding romance between the doctor and Ronon?  I never would have seen that coming.  And Teyla is huge!  How pregnant is she?  And how did she get so big so fast?  OK...the actress was actually pregnant, so I guess you can't hide that, but they should have tried to film some more stuff before she was so big.  

I felt sorry for Rodney.  Did it look to anyone else like his relationship might be over now?  He is arrogant, pessimistic and annoying, but Keller seemed to like him in spite of all that.  He really didn't do himself any favours by allowing his fear to overwhelm him.  Too bad.  What did everyone else think?

p.s. Sorry if I jumped the gun Tina, I just couldn't wait to talk about it since I just watched it.  BTW, it's here, even though it isn't in red on the main VIP page.

Reply 4#4 silver1978's post

I think once they find Teyla's people, the father of her child won't live very long.  Once he's out of the picture we might see John & Teyla get together, but not right away.

SG Atlantis - **Spoilers**S0414

I just finished watching "Harmony" and am still chuckling over the ending.  That little girl...queen or not, princess or not...WAS a brat.  I thought it was particularly funny that John told Rodney (known for his love of children ) that people usually find annoying in others qualities they don't like in themselves.  Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

Only Sheppard and McKay were featured in this episode, but it was nice to see the growth Rodney has made.  He's not nearly so cowardly as he was in the beginning...just mildly so, like most people would be in such dire circumstances, though he IS more vocal about his fear than most people.  I'm assuming that by his initial reaction to the thought of another sister means that he and Keller have called it quits.  I don't think he would call dibs if he still had a girlfriend.

The story was a good one, but I sussed out the evil sister pretty quickly.  And I could have done without the kid being quite so obnoxious.  Her proposal to John was amusing, as were her many threats to McKay.

What did everyone else think of it?

Reply 6#6 bala's post

You're right.  It was impressive that Sheppard remembered McKay's password, but when he explained how, it made it more easy to see how he remembered.  Talk about an ego!  McKay never fails to impress with how highly he thinks of himself.

Reply 2#2 gabsimom's post

I thought she looked familiar!  I think you're right about her playing Adria as a little girl, and she is very cute.
Whether I'd ever want someone like her to be the leader of my people is a completely different matter.  Being that quick to change sides isn't always a good thing.  If they have these people in another storyline, I hope that it shows her having good advisers.

Mini drones would be handy, as you say, in a limited area.  Not a pleasant way to die though...being swiss-cheesed.

Reply 67#67 bala's post

They do, but I think Tina had been creating weekly episode discussion threads and then merging them into this one.  That way anyone not up to the latest episode wouldn't have anything spoiled.

As for this new episode, I was suspicious of the girl, but it didn't even dawn on me that she was a replicator.  I liked the way they gave her a decent ending though.
I would have really liked to see more of Sheppard's interaction with his brother.  And, i's probably just me, but I don't remember knowing that John was divorced.  It wasn't a shock considering the type of work he does, but I honestly have no recollection of it ever being mentioned before...but my memory isn't as sharp as it once was.

Reply 83#83 bala's post

ROFL!  Thank you for making me laugh!  The image of Sheppard stopping mid-battle to chat about his personal life is ridiculous.  I thought maybe I had missed his mentioning it previously.  

I'm sure that will help put me on the road to recovery from this flu bug, because they do say that laughter is the best medicine...though the Tylenol doesn't hurt either.

35 12
Thread