Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The second episode as soon as i saw slim on keller hand i knew something is going happen to her but Beckett back should of known he play a part into story-line. this was woolsey first test as leader of Atlantis crew and i think he did ok of course sheappard to the rescue but ronin was disappointment but Woolsey realise how difficult his job   loved Sheppard ending line 'welcome to pegagas galaxy   

5x02 - The Seed

I have to say I liked this episode.  Though Woolsey isn't pleased with the fact that it took breaking protocol to do the job, it showed that he's willing to bend a bit.  I was worried that he would be too rigid.  I'm sure he will be on some issues, which will create conflict (something necessary for the show), but at least he's realized it's just not possible to follow the rules 100% of the time, especially since they were made by people who have never had to deal with the wild and crazy goings on in the Pegasus Galaxy.

I agree with Bala.  I too loved Sheppard's closing line of, "Welcome to the Pegasus Galaxy."

It was great to see Carson again, and we now have the possibility of him becoming a recurring character.  I hope he does because I really like him.

As for Tina's comment about Sheppard & Teyla, I kind of agree (shudders in shock ) with Bala, once again.  I think he does love her but I don't think it's a romantic love.  It seems more like a brother, or like a team member.  You can't work that closely with someone, especially in such dangerous situations, and not get close to them.   There's no doubt in my mind that he'd give his life to safe her, but I think he'd do that for the others too.  The definitely have a unique bond though.  What I'm curious to see is if Kanan will really fully recover and if he & Teyla will be a couple.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Did Woolsey run Atlantis or did Sheppard? I am worried about Kanan and the others because even if they made back to normal. They may still have to obey Michael. Why is Carson going back to Earth  Will he see his Mum?
Are Keller and McKay on the way to becoming involved?
I still think they(Teyla and John) love each other I think it is the kind that you don't see until it is threatened.

Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

Carson was sent back to Earth because he still needs treatment to make sure his cells don't start to degenerate again.  Keller said her treatment might not be a permanent solution.  I'm REALLY hoping he comes back - even if it's just as a guest throughout the season.

It does look like they are setting Keller & McKay up to become involved.  Why they keep giving Rodney the hot women is beyond me.  Sheppard or Ronan needs a girlfriend.  BTW, wasn't Keller showing an interest in Ronon last season?  Now that I'd like to see.

Woolsey's problem is that he thinks there are rules for every situation and scenario. He is a by the book kind of guy, but the problem with his metality is that there is no book for Atlantis or the pegasus galaxy. The rules and protocols that he loves so dearly are only written after the fact. After a number of different methods have been tried and the best found. But with the pegasus galaxy everything is new, even with the some 7 years the program in the milky way experience to pull on, most of the stuff in the pegasus will be completely new. They are writing the book as they go along.
LAPSUS CALUMNI-Slip of the Pen

Reply 9#9 waterlilybarb's post

The thing between Keller and ronan was a one episode thing, they were stuck in room together and things got weird, the same thing happened to Zalanka. He got stuck in the transport chamber with Carter and when she took here jacket of, he started getting weird. Personally I like the Macay Keller development idea better. They are both these intense itellectuals with phobea problems who have to overcome them in order to function in the expedition. That coupled with the fact that they both have disciplines that rarely overlap, I think makes for a good combination.

Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

I think the Teyla Sheppard connection will mirror the O'neill Carter connection. There will always be something there under the surface, but never shared or explored.

EPISODE 3

Well this was an average episode but i like the little bit comedy when everyone exits the room and than woolsey try and doors don't open than next time he was first one to leave . Good ronin episode i like these but it proves not matter how strong you are you can still be brain-washed.

Reply 11#11 Tigernach's post

I liked the idea of Keller & Ronon.  On Sateda, the woman Ronan loved was also a healer, so there was a parallel there and showed his attraction to strong women.

Broken Ties
I like this episode and how it showed that the wraith are still a viable threat, especially by their being able to turn someone as strong as Ronon.  They have always been a threat on Atlantis, but less so of late, so it was a good reminder.  

I liked the humorous moments in the episodes as well.  Woolsey is definitely unique.   His inability to get out of the "ready room" (I can't remember what the call it on SG) and his choice of leisure clothes were both quite amusing.

I'm also pleased that Teyla has rejoined the team and that Kanan is well enough to be with her and Torren.  He seems very supportive of her and I hope all stays well in that sector for a while at least.

I liked Woolsey in this episode too. He was a comic relief and a reminder of the team that they can't just fly by the seat of their pants and do whatever they want.
Teyla showed a great portrayal of a working mom's dilemma.

Ronon addicted to wraith enzyme. Wasn't that similar to Ford's addiction? A good character building episode but not an epic one. I am still curious what Keller was growing into.

Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

I agree with your assessment, and I'm rather curious about last week's episode too.  I knew the wraith ships were made in part of organic material but I didn't realize they were grown.  It will be interesting if they touch on that again to see if we get any more information.

As for Ford I think it was similar but he was actually part wraith, not just addicted to the enzyme so the physiology of it was different.

i thought Ford was human?

EPISODE 4

Fantastic episode-keep sifting Realities  with new problem every time was fantastic.

Very interesting. Do you think our Atlantis will enconter this new Alien threat? Was it just me or were they like a cross between the wraith and borg?

Reply 19#19 gabsimom's post

yes they introduce it if they wouldn't but you right they look different but we don't know anything about them

Reply 20#20 bala's post

I was surprised that when jack was talking to the othe jack he didn't ask anything. and why not grab an Alien body to study?

Reply 21#21 gabsimom's post

Jack- I'm confused he's not in Atlantis

Reply 22#22 bala's post

Lol I mean't John, but he acts too much like Jack.

Reply 23#23 gabsimom's post

not really they are simlar one 40 year old man and other 27 year old man

Reply 24#24 bala's post

Yes one is older but they have very similar personalities. Haven't you noticed the team formula. Have one smart alec but not book smart kick butt guy in charge, have one strong female, someone familiar with culture, have one Brainy person, and add one kick butt Alien and you have a stargate team.

Thread