Thread
Printable Version

Cold Case Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Cold Case Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Ok...here is where you post general thoughts on Cold Case. Not episodes though! I'll eventually get a thread for that soon. Post away! And remember...thoughtful posts will be awarded points at my discretion.

Cold Case - Season 5 Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Discuss season 5 episodes here and if they're thoughtful and some effort has been put in, you'll get an extra 2 points. BTW, it'd be nice if you could just post the episode title in the subject... Thanks!

Reply #6 Teachergirl's post

Yes, in the end it's all about power. And yes the ending was good without being one of those rolling-eye endings. This has to be one of the more scary criminals in CC...I remember 1x03 was a guy who snuck in single women's apartments through barred windows (he had a thing for single smart women with cats). That one was pretty creepy. Brenda is a great example of a woman who could keep going and have hope.

Spiders

This was like nothing I'd expected as it only got an 8.8 from users on www.tv.com... These freaks were against everybody...you had to be Aryan to be "normal"...although I'm surprised they weren't against Elliot because he was a brunette... Tamyra was an abandoned girl who was looking for a way out, but she was worse than before as she was killed! The father was nothing special...obviously, he was very abusive...bad attitude...I would have said, "Tamyra, eat his dinner with yours in case you're hungry...he doesn't deserve it..." He was lucky he was getting any affection from her at all... Anyways, the Mexican mother (was she Mexican?) was so helpless and I was very sad about how she was killed (I covered my eyes during any beatings or shootings in this episode)... Finally, I have to say Elliot might have been the craziest...he's Jewish and yet he kills and hates Jewish people, African Americans and pretty much everybody else... Let's be glad that we aren't that crazy...

Reply #3 bala's post

Even though I've only seen season 1 and bits of 5, season 1 has many cases at both ends of the spectrum. What a great season...the season finale was very good. Have you seen any other seasons? If not, I'm glad you're picking up the show now.

Reply #6 bala's post

Hallelujah! I have someone to talk to on CC... These cases got to me...especially 1x01, 13, 23, 8 and 3. I guess this is a timeline on humans...and we haven't changed much. #13 and 23 are the same crime, yet about 45 years apart. It's disgusting to see us act this way. I keep thinking if we could push a button, vent in a white room for 2 minutes and go back to the real world, problems may be solved. But there is no button sending us to a white room... Even though the people might have changed in the years between the crime and present day, they did something wrong and should be punished. If they were to get punished three days after the crime, no one would question them getting arrested, but 60 years... I don't know...this show is amazing and I'm gearing up for season 2... I'd love to know what your favorite episodes were in the S1 Discussion... I think there was only 1 or 2 clunkers in the whole season (for me).

Reply #8 bala's post

Good idea...(save the best for last )... I'll be torn this winter on watching season 2 or 6... I'll look at TV.com ratings for S2 and compare them with plots from S6...my head's going to go dizzy trying to remember that Tracie Thoms is in one, but not the other.

Reply #11 bala's post

Well, today's Monday, which happens to be Cold Case day, but...I have to go over a previous episode for this week's quiz... If I finish early with today's schedule, I'll get a head start on season 2... Were the first 3 episodes any good?

Reply #14 bala's post

Ahhh! Don't spoil it ... If you stopped at see episode 9, I would have been so surprised... Goodness...I have to get watching season 2...it sounds like it's a good season.

Reply #19 bala's post

Holy cow...I'm still stuck in S1. Well, good luck on S3... bala, how long did it take you to finish S2? I can only watch one episode a week to limit myself...

Great episode! The writers have finally given us some real people! Everybody's laughing and having a great time...I think the cold case team needs a place to go to and relax every episode. It's a tad late in the series to start, but it's better than never. Steroid use came into play with this one which isn't out of the ordinary with sports episodes on any show. Reading in multiple sources, this season is going to be similar to season 1...more involved on the cases. I hope the fun continues...

"True Calling"
The team re-opens the 1991 case of a young inner-city schoolteacher whose death was originally ruled as a carjacking-gone-wrong.[size]

Currently, I can't finish episode 3 because it's all jittery and was making me dizzy, but it was a great first 10 minutes! I feel really happy that I made the right decision by becoming a mod for Cold Case. This season so far has been fantastic and by watching the promos, it looks like the good plots will continue. BTW, now that someone has posted promos on YouTube, I will post them either in this thread or a separate one...probably a different thread. Episode 2 is definitely one to remember...I have a few teachers around the age of the victim and I related to it a little more. One of the best teachers I've had in the past five years was my Social Studies teacher 2006-08...unfortunately, I don't have her now but she was great and it was definitely a connection to this episode due to the teacher being around the same age.

Cold Case - Season 2 Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Post your thoughts on season two of Cold Case here. Thanks!

Episode 1

Back from a hiatus, I am getting back into Cold Case almost exactly a year since I began watching the show...also a year since I started posting on the site. Season 2 jumps into Lilly's last homicide case before starting the cold case squad. A triple homicide is the case, but connections are present between PPD's cold case team. Jeffries knew two of the victims personally and feels deeply that the case should be solved so the victims' daughter can be put at ease. Vera was one of the detectives on the case and is recently put on the stand to testify, but the case is thrown out because evidence puts the suspect at least 6 miles from where the scene was.

The episode was great and meets the standards from the series premiere last year (although I think I liked the music better last year). Seeing the crime scene in a flashback that was shown in the premiere last year was so weird and they used the same music too! The story was so sad because I got emotionally attached to the characters, which happened with the pilot last year...Kate Mara's so pretty and has a wonderful voice... Catching up on CC every week with the new episodes is great, but I'm probably going to go into my hibernation where I only watch the early episodes of my favorite shows. This Sunday (my normal viewing time for CC), the episode centers around a homicide at a reunion of women who worked at a factory during WWII. I hope others start conversing on this topic.

Reply #10 superhero's post

Now it makes me want to see them ... I'm going back to season 2 so I can catch up! Thanks for the opinion!

Episode 2

What a tragic ending...Nelson was a nice fellow who didn't seem to be hiding anything... This is the second episode (up to S2) where most of the friends of the victim are older than 70. Last season, there was a case from the 30s that was so sad to watch at the end. Anyways, the friends seemed to have tons of fun in this episode, going back to their glory days working in the factory. I think they had more enthusiasm than any other guest stars on the show...they were so happy at the end. Anybody else like the episodes specifically based on a time period? I enjoy them a lot...we were just learning a lot about WWII last year so I knew what they were talking about. Last thing...Jenna Fischer was perfect as the jealous friend...this was right before she made her big break... Great episode!

One Small Step for man...

...and one large leap for mankind. The 1969 moon landing was the setting for the Cold Case episode "One Small Step." After a model rocket is found, a case dealing with a 12-year-old boy is reopened. This causes the team to look back at previous friends and relatives. 3 now grown men are interviewed who were with the victim the night he died. What will 40 years do to their relationship they once had as friends in 1969?

I haven't seen a Cold Case episode in at least 4 months so I was happy with anything. The shocker was definitely shocking as it has been only the 2nd or 3rd shock I've seen watching the show (but I have not seen every episode)... I liked the story and time setting...anything in the 40s-70s is preferable for my Cold Case episodes. I especially enjoy watching settings in the 50s...very cool. For some reason, I actually saw color in the outdoor settings...they must have done something differently...a definite bonus. In conclusion, I want to say that the choice of two CCR songs made my day. Great episode...8/10

Thread