77 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Cold Case Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Cold Case Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Ok...here is where you post general thoughts on Cold Case. Not episodes though! I'll eventually get a thread for that soon. Post away! And remember...thoughtful posts will be awarded points at my discretion.

I like cold case, I think it is very clever, but it is not a show which I have to watch regularly. It's a show I come back to every now and then, often when I'm not really sure what I want to watch!

I like the fact that the episodes are all very different and that it usually gets me thinking, sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't! It also deals with a lot of issues without being too melodramatic or 'preachy'. I think it often manages to get a message across without the viewer really noticing. Usually I end up feeling sorry for the victims and their families but a couple of times I've been on the side of the perpetator.

Not a show that would make a list of my top shows but definitely worth a watch!

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 2-6-2008 11:07 ]
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

SEASON #1 EPISODE #14

This episode was the best episode that I have seen so far.  I just started watching Cold Case not that long ago and I am not usually into crime scene drama shows, but I love this one.  I don't want to spoil it for you by telling you want happened but this is one case that I am glad that the Cold Case team figured out how a little 6 year old boy died and how the body was found in the woods way back in the 1950's.   You need to watch it.  It was great!
Recent Ratings
  • redsoxpatriot30 Points +2 Loved your opinion! Later today, I hope 2-25-2008 04:02
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

What a really sad episode. So many tragic events that led up to Arnold's death. Very sad. I had my suspicions early on into this episode on who is real mother was. I'm also glad they figured it out and could lay him to rest beside his Mother.

The only thing I think the left unresolved was Gretchin's real parents!! If her records were fake then she had different parents than were on the papers. Surely she'd want to know her true identity.
Recent Ratings
  • redsoxpatriot30 Treasure -2 Whoops! I meant two points! 2-25-2008 17:59
  • redsoxpatriot30 Points +2 Loved your opinion! Thanks for watching! 2-25-2008 17:59
  • redsoxpatriot30 Treasure +2 Loved your opinion! Thanks for watching! 2-25-2008 12:49

This sure was a sad episode.  I just wish Arnold had found out who Grace was.  She only wanted what was best for him, especially since she couldn't take care of him as his Mother once she became a nun.  I probably would have done the same thing, try to help him get adopted, and the only way she could think of was to help calm him.  It's just so sad cause he didn't know how much he was loved or that he did belong to someone, except his "sister" who wasn't even his real sister.  Really makes ya think and be thankful for family
Recent Ratings
  • redsoxpatriot30 Treasure -2 Whoops! I meant two points! 2-25-2008 18:00
  • redsoxpatriot30 Points +2 Whoops! I meant two points! 2-25-2008 18:00
  • redsoxpatriot30 Treasure +2 Loved your opinion! Thanks for watching! 2-25-2008 17:02

i am only on season 1 episode 5, but in the UK it is being shown ,but i am starting from the beginning,lol i love "LILLY RUSH"

Graham

I watched a few episodes of Cold Case back when the show first started and I've been wanting to start from the beginning again.  I'm hoping to get the opportunity to do that with some of my points...Watching that episode for the quiz really makes me want to see more   Maybe when hockey season's over and summer's here with nothing else to watch

[ Last edited by goaliesbear at 2-27-2008 01:21 ]

Cold Case - Season 5 Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Discuss season 5 episodes here and if they're thoughtful and some effort has been put in, you'll get an extra 2 points. BTW, it'd be nice if you could just post the episode title in the subject... Thanks!

Official Cold Case Quiz 5x14

This episode was nicely done all-around. The characters were interesting and fit well together. It was also a very interesting look at the differences hearing and deaf people face during everyday life-showing that we are not so different as a lot of us believe. Great episode and, in my case, a great introduction to the show.

Thanks again for the fun quiz

5x14 I too enjoyed this episode- sign language is something that I find very interesting and it was quite fascinating to get that glimpse into another world.

Reply 3#3 Teachergirl's post

This was a great episode.

I'm learning sign language (self taught for the moment..but I want to attend a few classes eventaully), so I learned a few signs, and scream when I understand a few gestures

I'd love to learn it too!!!!!

Episode 5x15

Wow- once in a while there are those COld Case episodes that are so moving and that sort of stick with you. This story was amazing- all the different layers, the night drive, interesting twists and turns and in the end a happy ending that wasn't kitsch, it was beautiful and not only did the law stop the killer, Brenda too showed him that he hasn't got that much power over her after all and she got to go home to her fiance. I liked this one very, very much. One thing of note- I am often so-so about the music but in this episode it was really good. It always fit the mood well and I liked the night drive- it must be such an awkward situation to have this guy in the car, knowing he is responsible for so many murders. And he's even more cruel than "regular" killers because he loves to see them give up in the end and then just leave them to die. It was good to see him lose everything at the end and at least one of his victims gain back her life.
Recent Ratings
  • redsoxpatriot30 Points +2 Excellent opinion! You're on a roll... 4-10-2008 07:38

Reply #6 Teachergirl's post

Yes, in the end it's all about power. And yes the ending was good without being one of those rolling-eye endings. This has to be one of the more scary criminals in CC...I remember 1x03 was a guy who snuck in single women's apartments through barred windows (he had a thing for single smart women with cats). That one was pretty creepy. Brenda is a great example of a woman who could keep going and have hope.

Yes, I agree he was scary. Some of these cases....... like that one episode at the season finale two years ago when Lily confronted that mad killer..... it was fascinating to watch her deal with him as well as her past. And even though there's all the murder and cold cases, there are some episodes that always show that even if there is sadness, closure and justice can happen and help in the healing. In other procedurals the focus is more on the murder and the evidence- here it also shows the perspective of the people left to deal with the loss and not finding closure for years. I like that twist.

Official Cold Case Quiz 5x15

I think this episode was great. It really showcased the intelligence of the detectives. It also shows how easy it is for someone to get abducted. The actors did a great job and the villian came across as very creepy(a credit to the actor, writer, and director). I also like the fact that the villian didn't get a chance to get off easy by killing himself or provoking any of the detectives to do it for him. Nicely done.
Recent Ratings

Another show i don't get

What is about this show that you like i watched first episode and i just found Lilly quite cold character that is what put me off this show i have few other episode but flashback get quite annoying.

Episode 5x15

I really enjoyed this episode. Since you got me hooked on Psych, I completely forgot about Cold Case so this was my first time watching an episode in a while. I loved everything about  it...except for John Smith and how sick he was. I did think that it was genius, though. I mean, his name is John Smith. that has to be the most common name ever and would make it harder to find an identify him. I hadn't read the instructions to the quiz until after I had watched the episode, so I did not see the cry warning. I totally cried...tears of joy for Brenda and tears of sorrow for all of the women.   Even with John being put away, I don't feel like he will pay for what he took from others. Its just so sad. People like that really do scare me and its sad that we have to live in such a world where we cannot even feel okay with helping someone.
Recent Ratings
  • redsoxpatriot30 Points +2 Thanks for the response! I never saw thi 4-20-2008 05:24

Official Cold Case Quiz 5x16

Nicely done episode with a strong message that a person can change if he or she truly has the will. Another quality installment from a strong series.

Thanks again for the quiz.
Recent Ratings
  • redsoxpatriot30 Points +2 It would be great if you elaborated on t 4-21-2008 11:29

5x16 - bad reputation

puh-lease moment: how do they know whose hand it is when they pull it from the icebox? it’s not like it’s a recent case and they recognize the tattoo or have had time to fingerprint it!

it was great to see john pyper-ferguson (joe from brothers & sisters) around. he was perfect for the part. he was a good man even when it would have taken so little to stay a bad guy.

everclear, bush, counting crows – the soundtrack is just one great song after another. the episodes always have very evocative music but this was our favorite because it brought back such great personal memories.

[ Last edited by redsoxpatriot30 at 4-25-2008 22:00 ]
Recent Ratings
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

77 1234
Thread